SimonAndAmina

K-1 Visa Uganda (Through Nairobi) Almost done, but having problems

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi SimonAndAmina, i was able to get an interview slot next month. There were two openings but I chose the one with a later date to allow more time for thorough preps. Thanks a lot guys!!

Edited by Ricktx

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi everyone, thank u for this thread. I am also from Uganda and our K-1 is in transit to the Nairobi consulate. I want to know how you guys made the MRV payment. Do i have to physically travel to Kenya to make the payment or I can use Mpesa from Uganda or Post Bank in Uganda? Also do I pay the equivalent of the visa fee in Uganda shillings or I have to pay it in dollars?

About the medical, what vaccinations do I have to have before i go to Nairobi? (Recently my doc said I cant have the Hep b vaccine coz I have ever been in contact with the Virus, is this gonna be a problem? I have read its not if I bring a medical report)

Thank you all and May God bless you all

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Timeline

KF&OS, I knew someone in Kenya that I sent the payment to. She was able to make the MRV payment on our behalf at post bank. Thankfully, everything went smoothly without any hiccup. Unfortunately you cannot use the post bank in Uganda or any other bank for that matter other than the one in Kenya. If you have the MPESA option,  I think that  should work. But make sure you have the correct amount that was quoted for you, and pay within the timeframe stipulated . I think they reason they quote the amount in KSH in a specified timeframe is due to the unstable exchange rate with the USD. With regard to the immunization,  i strongly encourage you to take any proof of shots youve ever had. I dont have specifics on particular immunizations.  But generally speaking, they will look at your proof and make a determination which shots you will be exempted to take. That would save you money. You may however get booster shots for some of those diseases whose shots you have not had in a long time...especially childhood shots and recently identified immunizable diseases. For diseases like TB, almost everyone who has been immunized for the disease will typically have a positive test for it because it was introduced in your body when they immunized you as a kid.  However, to make sure that one is healthy, they may take an xray of the lungs for TB. In cases where they see something in the lungs, they typically push the interview appointment for a few more months until they are sure that one's health is nolonger a concern when he / she travels to the States. I dont think it will get to that point. I hope this was helpful. Good luck to you in your journey.

Edited by Ricktx

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ricktx said:

KF&OS, I knew someone in Kenya that I sent the payment to. She was able to make the MRV payment on our behalf at post bank. Thankfully, everything went smoothly without any hiccup. Unfortunately you cannot use the post bank in Uganda or any other bank for that matter other than the one in Kenya. If you have the MPESA option,  I think that  should work. But make sure you have the correct amount that was quoted for you, and pay within the timeframe stipulated . I think they reason they quote the amount in KSH in a specified timeframe is due to the unstable exchange rate with the USD. With regard to the immunization,  i strongly encourage you to take any proof of shots youve ever had. I dont have specifics on particular immunizations.  But generally speaking, they will look at your proof and make a determination which shots you will be exempted to take. That would save you money. You may however get booster shots for some of those diseases whose shots you have not had in a long time...especially childhood shots and recently identified immunizable diseases. For diseases like TB, almost everyone who has been immunized for the disease will typically have a positive test for it because it was introduced in your body when they immunized you as a kid.  However, to make sure that one is healthy, they may take an xray of the lungs for TB. In cases where they see something in the lungs, they typically push the interview appointment for a few more months until they are sure that one's health is nolonger a concern when he / she travels to the States. I dont think it will get to that point. I hope this was helpful. Good luck to you in your journey.

Thank u Ricktx. I inquired from another Ugandan who went thru the same process and he told me of a place in Uganda where I can use Mpesa to pay the visa fee, its a bus terminal for buses going to Kenya. Now about the medical, I did ask about TB, I dont have that, I asked about Hepatitis B (Hep B). When I went to get a shot for it the doctor told me I tested positive for it and so a shot wont do me any good. He then did other tests on my liver which this virus attacks and they all come out fine. I intend to take my doc's report about this disease to the medical examination. So i was inquiring to see if anyone has had a similar experience. 

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Timeline
On 2/23/2017 at 7:08 PM, Ricktx said:

Hi SimonAndAmina, i was able to get an interview slot next month. There were two openings but I chose the one with a later date to allow more time for thorough preps. Thanks a lot guys!!

Alright! Please keep us posted on your progress!

Timeline
On 3/27/2017 at 5:40 AM, KF & OS said:

Hi everyone, thank u for this thread. I am also from Uganda and our K-1 is in transit to the Nairobi consulate. I want to know how you guys made the MRV payment. Do i have to physically travel to Kenya to make the payment or I can use Mpesa from Uganda or Post Bank in Uganda? Also do I pay the equivalent of the visa fee in Uganda shillings or I have to pay it in dollars?

About the medical, what vaccinations do I have to have before i go to Nairobi? (Recently my doc said I cant have the Hep b vaccine coz I have ever been in contact with the Virus, is this gonna be a problem? I have read its not if I bring a medical report)

Thank you all and May God bless you all

We had a trusted friend that lives in Kenya make the payment for us at a post bank location. I believe it was in Kenyan currency. As far as medical questions, I would ask the medical place directly. They are very helpful there and typically respond to emails in less than a week. OM Nairobi Migration Health Assessment Centre - email address: iomnbomedical@iom.int

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone, I have already registered on the scheduling website but am unable to generate a payslip. I am being shown the amount to pay but there is no option to pay by cash and print the slip so as to be able to access the calendar. I have called the Embassy many times now and all they tell me is to wait until there is an appointment date available and they I will be able to pay, but from what I have read it seems i have to pay first before I can even access the calendar to get a slot. Please help.

Thank u and God bless

Edited by KF & OS

Timeline

KF & OS,

They are correct. The calender is grayed out because you will need to first make a payment either through Post Bank Kenya or MPESA. They will generate an electronic receipt for you. You should see it in about two to three business days after making your payment when you log into the website. They will then schedule an appointment date for you. Keep in mind that it could take some days from the time you make the payment to the time you get an interview slot. The calender will still be unaccessible. My advice to you is to log in as frequently as possible for available interview dates after making your payment. They will display the available  slots on the calender. I hope this is helpful.

Edited by Ricktx

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ricktx said:

KF & OS,

They are correct. The calender is grayed out because you will need to first make a payment either through Post Bank Kenya or MPESA. They will generate an electronic receipt for you. You should see it in about two to three business days after making your payment when you log into the website. They will then schedule an appointment date for you. Keep in mind that it could take some days from the time you make the payment to the time you get an interview slot. The calender will still be unaccessible. My advice to you is to log in as frequently as possible for available interview dates after making your payment. They will display the available  slots on the calender. I hope this is helpful.

Thank u Richtx for the reply. I know i cant get an appointment before I pay, the challenge is I am unable to make the payment because I dont have an option to generate the payment slip. I created the account, I filled in the applicant information, chose a courier service, but when I continued to the payment stage, it simply showed me the amount I need to pay but it never prompted me to make a payment either by cash or by bank. I dont know how to overcome this so that I can be able to generate and print the payment slip that I can take to either the bank or Mpesa

Timeline

Ok...you will need to wait for the Nairobi visa center to send you specific instructions on how to make your payment.  They will post it on that web  account you created. It has the account number on which to make the payment, amount, and a specific time within which you need to make your payment. In the earlier chat threads, i got the impression that you already got the payment information and medicals. If you have already got the payment instructions and failed to pay during the time frame in letter, i would strongly advise you to reach out to the embassy and seek help. Otherwise, you will need to wait until they post the payment instructions and proceed to make your payment within the time specified in the letter.  I hope this is helpful.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ricktx said:

Ok...you will need to wait for the Nairobi visa center to send you specific instructions on how to make your payment.  They will post it on that web  account you created. It has the account number on which to make the payment, amount, and a specific time within which you need to make your payment. In the earlier chat threads, i got the impression that you already got the payment information and medicals. If you have already got the payment instructions and failed to pay during the time frame in letter, i would strongly advise you to reach out to the embassy and seek help. Otherwise, you will need to wait until they post the payment instructions and proceed to make your payment within the time specified in the letter.  I hope this is helpful.

Yes this is helpful. I have the money ready and everything else. I guess I am going to wait for them to post the payment information on the account I created and then I will proceed with paying and also start on the process of scheduling the medical.. Thanks again

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hello – My  Fiancée  and I are trying to schedule a K1 interview in Nairobi and can’t seem to locate instructions on how to pay. We have created an account immigrant side https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ke/iv , set our Courier location and are on the Payment screen. At this point is says “Your application requires 1 U.S Visa application (MRV) fee” But there is no link to get payment instructions. The screen also says No appointments are Available.

Has anyone run into this issue? If so how was it resolved?

Timeline
16 hours ago, PL&SN said:

Hello – My  Fiancée  and I are trying to schedule a K1 interview in Nairobi and can’t seem to locate instructions on how to pay. We have created an account immigrant side https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ke/iv , set our Courier location and are on the Payment screen. At this point is says “Your application requires 1 U.S Visa application (MRV) fee” But there is no link to get payment instructions. The screen also says No appointments are Available.

oh yes, I was in the same exact position a few months ago. I had to wait until there was an available appointment date to be able to pay and access the appointment calendar. This waiting took weeks, I called them often and checked the site many hours each day. You will finally get a day dont worry, U are almost done, take heart

Timeline
On 6/29/2017 at 7:23 AM, PL&SN said:

Yeah, you have to keep checking the calendar every day until dates pop up. It can take a while, but they do open up. When they do, just be sure to pick a date that gives you enough time to do the medical exams before your appt with the Consular at the embassy. Also, if you don't live in Kenya, you can have someone who lives in the area make the payment for you as Postbank or using Mpesa. Hope this helps. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.