sunce

K-1 Visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Not unless you lied.

Tourist visas are usually denied because they are concerned you will want to stay in the USA. The K1 is a visa to stay in the USA, so different rules apply. Now, if during the tourist visa you lied and, for example, said you were married to help you get the visa when you were single, that could be an issue.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

Not unless you lied.

Tourist visas are usually denied because they are concerned you will want to stay in the USA. The K1 is a visa to stay in the USA, so different rules apply. Now, if during the tourist visa you lied and, for example, said you were married to help you get the visa when you were single, that could be an issue.

I think it was denied because i am unemployed. I am asking because in questionnaire i need to answer 'have i already been interwieved for visa' and I am not sure what to answer (what will be results of my answer if i say yes).

I think it was denied because i am unemployed. I am asking because in questionnaire i need to answer 'have i already been interwieved for visa' and I am not sure what to answer (what will be results of my answer if i say yes).

You should not even consider what would be the results. There is only one option and that is telling the truth. They already have this in their system anyways. They will know of you lie which is grounds for denial. Truth truth truth :D

Edited by Suss&Camm

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My now wife was denied a tourist visa twice and when we applied for the K1 she told the truth about the first two B2 denials. It was not an issue and she got the K1.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have read on here a few times that people have been refused a tourist visa for all sorts of reasons, main one being their ties to the home country or should I say the lack of...

Even after being refused the tourist visa they have applied for the K1 and managed to get it perfectly fine...

Do not even think about lying to them, EVER! Under no circumstances is lying going to be good for you or your Fiance. If caught lying it will give you a nice long ban from the USA maybe even a life time ban as you sign to say the information you are giving is correct and then in your interview you will be under oath. It would be classed as visa fraud!

Be warned, If you lie and come back on here to say you have been denied, I don't think you would get much sympathy as I think we all know to well from other VJ'ers stories that lying turns out badly because the US immigration do a great job.

Be honest with them, Honesty is the best policy as they say!

Also, If you got denied, they will know as they will have it on record somewhere, the US immigration seem to know everything about everyone and I don't think they leave any stone unturned. Besides its not like your tourist visa was denied because you are a violent criminal or so I am guessing as you don't even know completely why it was denied :)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Why are you not sure? You don't know the truth? The US Embassy knows the truth since your denied visitor visa application is in their database.

If you answer yes and tell the truth, then the result is that you may or may not get a K-1 visa.

If you answer no and lie, then the result will be you screwing yourself.

Timeline

Just out of curiosity, as I think this is really important, What were your intentions when you applied for the tourist visa? was it to spend time with your Fiance?

Just a visit? How long had you requested the tourist visa for? as in how long were you intending to stay?

I haven't had to apply for the tourist visa being in a country that is in the VWP but don't they ask you for proof that you will return to your home country. For example don't they ask you if you have a return flight, how long you are staying, what your intentions are in the USA, whether you have a mortgage, bank accounts, a job?

That's what I was told anyway. I just cannot see your tourist visa being denied purely based on the fact that you were unemployed. I would have also thought that you were within your rights for them to clarify why you were being denied a visa but again I could be wrong.

Why are you not sure? You don't know the truth? The US Embassy knows the truth since your denied visitor visa application is in their database.

If you answer yes and tell the truth, then the result is that you may or may not get a K-1 visa.

If you answer no and lie, then the result will be you screwing yourself.

Totally agree with this statement!

If you lie you are screwing yourself over and pretty much justifying them denying you.

Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

Just out of curiosity, as I think this is really important, What were your intentions when you applied for the tourist visa? was it to spend time with your Fiance?

Just a visit? How long had you requested the tourist visa for? as in how long were you intending to stay?

I haven't had to apply for the tourist visa being in a country that is in the VWP but don't they ask you for proof that you will return to your home country. For example don't they ask you if you have a return flight, how long you are staying, what your intentions are in the USA, whether you have a mortgage, bank accounts, a job?

That's what I was told anyway. I just cannot see your tourist visa being denied purely based on the fact that you were unemployed. I would have also thought that you were within your rights for them to clarify why you were being denied a visa but again I could be wrong.

Totally agree with this statement!

If you lie you are screwing yourself over and pretty much justifying them denying you.

My English is not very good, however, that it was 6 years ago. We just met and I wanted to go on a visit to three weeks. I was then a student and I was sure that I will get a visa. But when my visa was denied, I was lost in my thoughts that I did not ask anything about reasons.

Timeline

I can understand that you were probably too upset to get clarification on why they had denied you. You English sounds good to me or at least it is allowing you to communicate :)

I personally cannot see you being denied a k1 visa because your tourist visa was denied but this is just an opinion and not based on facts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.