MrsBoateng29

Medical Exam Rage!

67 posts in this topic

Wedding???

Honeymoon????

Whats that???

My husbands been here since september.

Took me a month to gatber the monies for aos...

And in two years again fees for roc?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What I can't understand is why the consulate in Montreal will NOT ACCEPT MEDICALS FROM U.S. DOCTORS! The State Department has a list of approved doctors in the United States for medicals. But that's not good enough for the United States Consulate in Montreal.

I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario. There is a clinic less than 20 miles from here in suburban Buffalo, N.Y. But, nope. I'm expected to go all the way up to Toronto. And get my body shot full of big pharma's toxic waste, which I've somehow managed to survive 47 years WITHOUT so far.

I just went for my medical today too, and it's expensive. I had to pay HKD3,610 (USD462.82) for x ray, the first stages of shots, blood test and pee test, and also a test to check for chicken pox immunity.

Edited by evalili

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-12-08

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-11

Approved : 2016-08-24

NVC

NVC Received : 2016-10-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Send AOS Package : 2016-11-01

Submit DS-261 : 2016-10-15

Receive IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Pay IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Send IV Package : 2016-11-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2016-11-04

NVC Left : 2016-11-11

US Embassy

Consulate Received : 2016-11-11

Interview Date : 2017-01-10

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

It just isn't fair that the fee is so high that most people are forced to not have a nice wedding.

The government makes more than enough money to be able to make the fees less!

I'm going to politely challenge this comment.

It is not the fees that are preventing people from having nice weddings. It is people not budgeting for it. I have personally seen someone budget a $25,000 wedding in two years. Of course loans had to be taken out, but she got the wedding she wanted. Immigration fees aren't hidden. A person can find out exactly how much it will cost in total to immigrate. Then they can add that to the cost of being with their loved ones. So in the example I gave, instead of budgeting for $25,000, if the fiance was an immigrant, they would have budgeted for $30,000.

Secondly, the government does NOT profit from immigration processes. These fees are for the centers to be self sustained. And for good reason. Tens of millions of applications are sent for immigration per year. If the fees weren't payed by the applicants, then the processes would be paid for by the US tax payer.

USCIS isn't funded by the government. The fees we all have to pay are what pays for running it. And, if we opt to bring someone, or come ourselves, from a foreign country, it is what is required. It's the choice we make.

No one from the government is forcing us to do anything, like not have a huge type wedding with all the bells and whistles. Immigration IS expensive, but it is what it is.

Totally agree. It is a personal decision.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Agreeing on the budgeting. We started saving in 2014/2015 and throughout 2016 until I moved here. I was not completely broke afterwards when sending AOS in AND having a nice wedding including a rented building for the wedding celebration. It's what we saved for. Same goes for the medical. As soon as we calculated, in 2015, I put away money every month to make sure I had enough money to pay either the visa fee, the medical or both just in case I would leave my job earlier than expected. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it unexpected? No. When your vaccines are not up to date, you will be required most of the time to get them done at the medical. That increases it so much more already. In that case, it's not the USCIS fees fault but your own.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Do you all want a trophy for be the most prepared?

Don't understand. What does this mean?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Refreshing attitude :rolleyes:

YOU should realize that everything with immigration costs money and if your not prepared :guides: they can help.

Edited by Catuela

Oh no thank you, my trophy cabinet is already too full. But thanks!

As I was just saying, it's a lesson to be more prepared the next time or people who are just starting this journey and are reading this thread, can learn something of it. Make sure your vaccines are up to date, save money, etc etc.

Naturalization                                                        
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  

'Merica. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am also with the other poster who says they do not understand this comment...

People are telling you their stories and how they prepared for the expense that they knew were heading their way. And a lot of these expenses are not mentioned especially things that the beneficiary has to pay for.

I had a nice little nest egg to bring over with me, then I found out about all the costs on my end so ended up penniless instead. I wish I had prepared or even been advised of all these costs so I could have saved more money before giving up my job to make myself available for medicals and interviews with them all being so far away from me.

Weddings are expensive when you live in the same country let alone when you are trying to bring them over from another and support them single handed.

Both the beneficiary and the petitioner can kiss goodbye to any savings they have unless you have thousands in the bank spare.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh no thank you, my trophy cabinet is already too full. But thanks!

As I was just saying, it's a lesson to be more prepared the next time or people who are just starting this journey and are reading this thread, can learn something of it. Make sure your vaccines are up to date, save money, etc etc.

Haha!!!! I laughed so hard at that, that I think I need to go back and have my medical done again and mention the incontinence when I laugh too hard.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok. Well I was not prepared. I didn't plan to fall in love with someone out of the country.

But I did. & when we started the process we did not know what to expect.
We have been learning along the way.
& I try to plan & budget all I can, but I have bills & other responsibilities.

But for the people who stay on this site 24/7
just to condescendingly speak with such arrogance & always have some rude comment...It is just unnecessary. This site it to help people, & be encouraging...

Not to be some "Know It All" & brag about how you have it more together than everyone else.

If you feel the need to say something smart or rude or just to say "READ THE GUIDES"

It is very simple to NOT COMMENT.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok. Well I was not prepared. I didn't plan to fall in love with someone out of the country.

But I did. & when we started the process we did not know what to expect.

We have been learning along the way.

& I try to plan & budget all I can, but I have bills & other responsibilities.

But for the people who stay on this site 24/7

just to condescendingly speak with such arrogance & always have some rude comment...It is just unnecessary. This site it to help people, & be encouraging...

Not to be some "Know It All" & brag about how you have it more together than everyone else.

If you feel the need to say something smart or rude or just to say "READ THE GUIDES"

It is very simple to NOT COMMENT.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

it's a site for the immigration community. it's not about how one would like one to post or not we are free to post hoow we feel within TOS. I believe it's a tos bio to tell one how to post Edited by Transborderwife

I took my reply as an educational one. Not a condescending one.

Even though I threw in some sarcasm, I added how this thread will help future VJ members too. Nothing too arrogant about it or rude actually.

Naturalization                                                        

'Merica. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.