MrsBoateng29

Medical Exam Rage!

67 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Right! The AOS is $1070 USD, correct?

I don't know how they expect you to pay for a wedding, pay for a honeymoon, & pay for the AOS within 90 days.

It is not realistic. Why should it cost so much to complete a form? The government really makes so much money.

Luckily you only have to get married in 90 days but you can apply for AOS when you can. I dont think you have to all of it within that timeframe.

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Apparently you are supposed to file for the AOS as soon as you are married within that 90 days but if you go over the 90 days it is waived, or so someone advised me.

Me personally will not risk going over the 90 days before I file. We have arranged what we are going to do based on doing everything in budget and time frame given :)

Apparently you are supposed to file for the AOS as soon as you are married within that 90 days but if you go over the 90 days it is waived, or so someone advised me.

Me personally will not risk going over the 90 days before I file. We have arranged what we are going to do based on doing everything in budget and time frame given :)

That's nonsense. Nothing is waived. Only requirement of the 90 days is that you use it go get married. It does not matter when you file for AOS. Please, do not spread false information.

Edited by Dutchster

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes if you look at what they earn compared to the UK as you say JFH then they are more than likely going to be different.

So I researched this on a job that I used to do.

According to online as that's all I can go on for another country this is what it works out at.

The average delivery driver in the UK is paid around £1200 per month before taxes.

The average for a delivery driver in Ghana is apparently paid 9000 per month before taxes I am guessing.

9000 ghc Which is the equivalent of £1714

This is only a theory so don't shoot me if i'm wrong as you can only work on averages but...

If a delivery driver gets paid 9000 ghc per month on average in Ghana then the 1733 is almost 23.9% percent of the monthly wage

If a delivery driver gets paid 1200 gbp per month on average then the 290 is almost 24.2% percent of the monthly wage

I don't think you're numbers are right. My husband works a pretty good paying job for Ghana standards and doesn't make anywhere near 9,000 cedis a months. Maybe 9,000 per year, but definitely not per month. It's a very poor country and many get by on less than $100 a month.,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The medicals are super pricy :(

Unfortunately the price of the AOS is the worst! :( :( :( :( :(

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
08/25/14 - Acceptance email sent
08/26/14 - Alien Registration Number changed.
10/17/14 RFE was received
10/23/14 RFE/I-195F mailed back to USCIS
11/05/14 I-129F Petition Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/10/14 U.S. Consulate received case in the mail!!
12/19/14 Submitted DS-160 online form.
01/15/15 Submitted Package 3 Checklist for a request for interview!
01/16/15 Consulate sent me packet to prepare for my interview/medical!
02/20/15 Physical
02/24/15 Visa Interview/APPROVED!!!!!!! (6 months!!)

AOS

05/16/15 - Filed for Adjustment of Status and Work Permit

05/22/15 - Acceptance email sent along with NOA’s mailed.

06/16/15 Biometrics Appointment
1/22/2016: INTERVIEW!!/APPROVED!!!
2/2016: Received GREEN CARD!!! (8 months)

I-751 - ROC

11/1/2016: Filed

11/3/2016: NOA

11/19/2016: NOA 2

12/06/2016 Biometrics Appointment

1/17/2018: Info Pass - Passport Stamped

5/31/2018: Emailed received that GC is being mailed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I really cannot believe the USCIS has raised the cost of their already ridiculously high fees even higher!
They must really not one anyone from any country to be able to afford to come to America!
Please tell me how you expect someone to afford a wedding,
a honeymoon,
& the NOW $1,140 AOS fee plus the $85 Biometric fee
ALL WITHIN 90 DAYS!
From $1070 to $1225... Just for one form!
I am really glad we only have that one left
& the Form to Remove Conditions on Residence in 2 years
& even that is now $595!
They really even raise the petition cost from $340 to $535.
Soon there will be no immigrants because no one can afford to come here legally.

Edited by MrsBoateng29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's nonsense. Nothing is waived. Only requirement of the 90 days is that you use it go get married. It does not matter when you file for AOS. Please, do not spread false information.

Dutchster, Thanks for the accusation of me spreading round false information and talking nonsense, That's not appreciated :(

I googled this and this is what came up on Visa Journey itself.

I typed in when should I apply for AOS after entering on a K1 visa, this is what came up

6.1)...How soon after we get married should we apply for Adjustment of Status?

A..Right away, or at least right after your honeymoon. You should make every effort to get the Adjustment application filed within 90 days of the fiance(e) entering the United States as indicated on the I-94.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is from VJ

I also did say... or so I have be told.

Please refrain from shooting people down if they have been given false information by this site or anyone on it. Its not exactly their fault.

Also when I put a post on regarding when to file either yesterday or the day before this is what someone else advised me to do. They said it should be done within the 90 days but anything over will be waived but try to keep it within 180 days I believe they said.

I'm sorry but the way you wrote that was pretty rude and its like you have tried to make me look stupid :( I would never spread round false information or talk nonsense knowingly (I just repeat what I have been advised). I use the information I have been given and my experiences.

I really cannot believe the USCIS has raised the cost of their already ridiculously high fees even higher!

They must really not one anyone from any country to be able to afford to come to America!

Please tell me how you expect someone to afford a wedding,

a honeymoon,

& the NOW $1,140 AOS fee plus the $85 Biometric fee

ALL WITHIN 90 DAYS!

From $1070 to $1225... Just for one form!

I am really glad we only have that one left

& the Form to Remove Conditions on Residence in 2 years

& even that is now $595!

They really even raise the petition cost from $340 to $535.

Soon there will be no immigrants because no one can afford to come here legally.

That's why so many of us opt for a *very* small wedding and no honeymoon at all. Maybe we'll share a McDonald's meal on the way to the post office to mail our AOS forms. :joy:

Edited by Jess&Tom

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Embassy/Consulate Discussion Forum~

~At that phase of the process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It just isn't fair that the fee is so high that most people are forced to not have a nice wedding.
The government makes more than enough money to be able to make the fees less!

That's why so many of us opt for a *very* small wedding and no honeymoon at all. Maybe we'll share a McDonald's meal on the way to the post office to mail our AOS forms. :joy:

Dutchster, Thanks for the accusation of me spreading round false information and talking nonsense, That's not appreciated :(

I also did say... or so I have be told.

Please refrain from shooting people down if they have been given false information by this site or anyone on it. Its not exactly their fault.

Also when I put a post on regarding when to file either yesterday or the day before this is what someone else advised me to do. They said it should be done within the 90 days but anything over will be waived but try to keep it within 180 days I believe they said.

I'm sorry but the way you wrote that was pretty rude and its like you have tried to make me look stupid :( I would never spread round false information or talk nonsense knowingly (I just repeat what I have been advised). I use the information I have been given and my experiences.

Like I had to state before, I do not want to sound rude nor do I type this with the thoughts of making someone look stupid. Once someone 'advises' one thing in a forum that is incorrect and it does not get corrected by other people with the right information, false information will float through this community. This forum has stupid emoticons that I do not use and not wish to use so a lot of what people are typing might come off as rude. You do not have to file AOS within the 90-day rule as same as you need to get married within that time frame. However, if you want to remain in a legal-ish status, the preferred choice of a lot of people are to file before the I-94 expires. If you can't afford the AOS right away or you wish to wait a little longer before you want to deal with paperwork (like honeymoons or just not feeling it yet) you'll be out of status until you file adjustment of status. It's nothing worse and it's definitely not a requirement to file adjustment of status within those same 90 days.

Naturalization                                                        
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  

'Merica. 

It just isn't fair that the fee is so high that most people are forced to not have a nice wedding.

I get it...I really do. If this process has taught me one thing, it's that there are some things (like the fees) that are just out of our control. That's a hard lesson for someone who likes to plan and manage life down to the millisecond. So I joke about it. And someday...after we file more paperwork and he gets his work authorization and finds a job and works there long enough to actually have vacation time and barring any other financial emergencies...we will have our honeymoon. Phew. Hang in there and remember that even if your actual wedding isn't exactly what you dreamed it would be, it'll be with the person you always dreamed of being with.

Edited by Jess&Tom

USCIS isn't funded by the government. The fees we all have to pay are what pays for running it. And, if we opt to bring someone, or come ourselves, from a foreign country, it is what is required. It's the choice we make.

No one from the government is forcing us to do anything, like not have a huge type wedding with all the bells and whistles. Immigration IS expensive, but it is what it is.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

This is the price we pay for doing it the right and the legal way.

Naturalization                                                        

'Merica. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.