JFox762

Need to cancel an approved K-1 Fiance visa [merged threads]

57 posts in this topic

I knew my now husband for 3 years before I even traveled to his country he's my best friend and my rock he has helped me through the worst time of my life and had brought me closer to him because of it. After 3 years we are still learning more and more about each other. I'm in my early 30s he's late 20s and we have a newborn,even know it's a blessing it can also be very stressful especially when the princess won't sleep in her crib and wants to sleep in mommy or daddy's arms. It's not easy having children and you really dont know this woman as you say you do,people can change or are just better at playing the game if you know what I mean. Take some time to really know this woman before you ask her to marry you.

Good luck

Fyi woman can have babies in there 40s+ do dont use that as a excuse to try to rush things

Women who have children in their 40s are extremely lucky, and are also risking all manner of birth defects. My sister had a child at 40... and she was *VERY* lucky.

Right, and you were ready to marry her anyway. Hopefully, if this one shows you some red flags, you will know what to do.

FYI- People really do want to help you. It may seem like an attack or harsh criticism, but it's not.

She (my ex) didn't present red flags of being, a scammer... but just red flags of being potentially bad spouse. She was just very self centered, materialistic, and overly stubborn. We fought all the time.

Filed: Timeline

In regards to the biological clock issue, we had our first child when I was 38 and my wife was 35 and our second 2 years later. One thing I'll agree on is that having kids later is hard, because they can physically wear you out. It's what keeps my wife and I physically active whether we want to or not.

OP, just officially withdraw the first K1 petition. Enjoy your trip, and go from there. I doubt you will have any issues filing another K1 petition when your are ready to do it again.

Women who have children in their 40s are extremely lucky, and are also risking all manner of birth defects. My sister had a child at 40... and she was *VERY* lucky.

Glad that's the only thing you got from my message.

Not sure how common birth defects are for woman in there 40s but like you said your sister had a child in her 40s that is without birth defects. Maybe the same people who say that also are the ones who are saying vaccines causes autism but that won't stop me from giving my daughter her shots

Best of luck to you just don't ignore the red flags if they appear and take some time to really get to know this woman that's all I was saying

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Did it ever cross your mind that your "ex-fiance" showed up at the interview, got the visa, then got on a plane and headed to the US to meet her "real" boyfriend? Just a thought.

Did it ever cross your mind that your "ex-fiance" showed up at the interview, got the visa, then got on a plane and headed to the US to meet her "real" boyfriend? Just a thought.

No... she ended up going to the UK, on a work visa. This I know for a fact.

Had she received the Visa, I assume I would have been notified by the embassy.

Edited by JFox762

No... she ended up going to the UK, on a work visa. This I know for a fact.

Had she received the Visa, I assume I would have been notified by the embassy.

So you have personally been to the UK and seen her there? With your own eyes? Why would you be notified by the embassy? They would assume she came and met you here.

Embassy doesnt call you especially if they dont know anythings wrong.

Best bet is to check ceac see if visa was issued....

Embassy doesnt call you especially if they dont know anythings wrong.

Best bet is to check ceac see if visa was issued....

CEAC? How do i do this?

CEAC? How do i do this?

Nevermind, I figured it out.

It is still "Ready". So she in fact never went to the interview.

If your only reason for the relationship is "Im getting older and I desperately want kids" then you probably should wait a little and maybe know the lady a bit better. The fact that she's religious doesn't mean she might not scam you. :P

But yeah, definitely not very responsible to leave your first petition just "lying around". Even if it says "ready", call and let them know you cancel.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

OK... so does anyone have a format for a letter of cancelation of the Visa petition?

Also where do I send such a letter?

Edited by JFox762

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.