JFox762

Need to cancel an approved K-1 Fiance visa [merged threads]

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

you need to slow down a bit , it seems to fast , take some time to make the relationship stronger

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It seems to me that the original poster is going too fast. I'd strongly recommend to SPEND MORE TIME getting to truly know each other. Marriage is supposed to be something very special that last a lifetime.

Also,I think USCIS will not like to see this guy already trying to file for a new person so soon...

*We met online in a dating site - 2/10/2015

*We met in person at the Laguindingan Airport - 2/11/2016

*We got engaged! 2/19/2016

*I returned Back home - 2/25/2016

*Filed the I-129F petition - 3/11/2016

*USCIS Received my package 3/14/2016
*USCIS I-129F opened the package - 3/17/2016
*I-129F Petition fee paid $340.00 USD - 3/17/2016
*NOA1 Received in mail - 3/21/2016

*RFE Was issued - 6/08/2016

*Replied to RFE - 6/16/2016

*USCIS Started reviewing my RFE reply - 6/20/2016

*I-129F Petition approved - 6/25/2016

*Received NOA2 in the mail 7/1/2016

*Mailed package out to my Fiancee - 7/20/2016

*NVC case number was created - 7/21/2016

*Case in transit to the Consular Section - 7/21/2016

*Case is ready for setting up interview - 7/26/16

*My package was delivered to my Fiancee - 7/27/2016

*Paid $240.00 USD fee 7/29/2016

*My Fiancee traveled to Manila 8/16/2016

*My Fiancee has taken Medical 8/16/2016

*My Fiancee passed the Medical 8/17/2016

*My Fiancee Passed Interview - 8/22/2016

*I have traveled to the Philippines 9/21/2016

*I had to return home 10/05/2016

*My Fiancee arrived in the United States - 10/05/2016

*My Fiancee and I have finally got married - 11/09/2016

It started out as simply not wanting to reopen old wounds, but then as i got over her... it just became more about plain procrastination.

So is it your advice that I just... cancel my trip to Bangkok then?

So is it your advice that I just... cancel my trip to Bangkok then?

No, but maybe leave the K-1 packet at home for the 4th or 5th trip. And if she mentions finacee visa or marriage, dump and run. Or have you already discussed that subject? If so, who brought it up?

Edited by Eric-Pris

If you want to know what the hurry is, its that i eventually want to have kids. She also wants to eventually have kids as well. I am not that young. Im 33. As I get older, my chances of ever finding someone to settle down with and have kids will greatly diminish.

My girlfriend is also 30... and she also is concerned about her own biological clock. She actually lives a fairly comfortable lifestyle in Thailand and is quite happy there... and she is also very religious, active in her church, and plans to introduce me to all her friends at church. I highly doubt she is trying to scam me.

As for my ex... I dont know if she was or not. But I was quite desperate with her. I ignored a lot of her personality flaws, even though I knew them quite well and even complained about it to friends. My current woman, however treats me with respect, kindness etc, we have been skyping almost every day.

Im not making the decision right now to marry her. Im going to wait until i meet her and spend time with her. After, we will decide what to do. I just want to know whether or not pursuing a relationship with her is a futile endeavor.

I feel, at this point, that i can trust her. I say that without any reservation. Meeting her will either strengthen that trust or the opposite. With my ex... I have to admit that I had more than my fair share of doubts with her.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

so u ended a engagement and then go another gf in the same country, why? the fact yall already mentioned marriage, bio clock and yall havent even met yet is troubling

Mostly this thread is me trying to guage whether or not, pursuing this relationship is futile. If USCIS isn't going to approve any future petitions for me and this woman... then I might as well cut my losses now, prevent any further emotional investment.

As for her, I have stated over and over,... I highly doubt she is just using me for a Visa. She hasn't asked me for any money since I've talked to her. She hasn't made any indications that she is materialistic. She also doesn't ever talk about being excited to come to the US. She mostly just seems excited about us, and excited about meeting me. After we meet, we will decide where to go from there. But if there is no path to us ever being together... then even the trip is a waste of time, effort, and heartache.

As for Marriage visa or Fiance visa... I was the one who brought up that subject in the past. She has mentioned that she just wants to make sure I am serious about this relationship. She stated that she's been hurt before, and is afraid of being hurt,... and also doesn't want to waste her time with someone who isn't looking to settle down. To be fair, I'm in the same boat.

Edited by JFox762

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Mostly this thread is me trying to guage whether or not, pursuing this relationship is futile. If USCIS isn't going to approve any future petitions for me and this woman... then I might as well cut my losses now, prevent any further emotional investment.

As for her, I have stated over and over,... I highly doubt she is just using me for a Visa. She hasn't asked me for any money since I've talked to her. She hasn't made any indications that she is materialistic. She also doesn't ever talk about being excited to come to the US. She mostly just seems excited about us, and excited about meeting me. After we meet, we will decide where to go from there. But if there is no path to us ever being together... then even the trip is a waste of time, effort, and heartache.

As for Marriage visa or Fiance visa... I was the one who brought up that subject in the past. She has mentioned that she just wants to make sure I am serious about this relationship. She stated that she's been hurt before, and is afraid of being hurt,... and also doesn't want to waste her time with someone who isn't looking to settle down. To be fair, I'm in the same boat.

so why not settle down in her country? 30 is a bit young to worry about biological issues

My suggestion then, if you're serious about pursuing a relationship with her, is to get your ducks in order first. Contact USCIS to state your intent to revoke your previous K1 request. They probably closed it out on their side already, but you absolutely cannot be too sure. Filing for a new K1 means you are certifying that you are free to marry. If another K1 has not been officially revoked yet, they could treat it as you not being eligible to marry somebody else and therefore it becomes a misrepresentation. You absolutely do NOT want that! So first things first is to ensure the old K1 is clearly revoked.

Next, why worry about a waiver? By the time the above occurs, you'll probably be closer to the 2 year time period. Just hold out until then and file a normal I-129F (if we do decide to get married). There's absolutely no need to rush things, and you're making your process harder than it needs to be by doing so. :) Spend time with her and with yourself before going through this process. I know it doesn't seem like she has any of the flaws of your previous fiance, but you didn't notice/pay attention to them either until afterwards. Don't let that happen again...just spend some time with her and wait the 2 year period.

Good luck.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

so why not settle down in her country? 30 is a bit young to worry about biological issues

She lives in a foreign country right now. I've seen photos of her at a Christian singles ministry, and the women absolutely outnumber the men. I figure she just doesn't have as many prospects. To be fair, neither do I.

After I meet her, I will re-asses whether or not to continue pursuing the relationship. but for right now, I just want to know how USCIS will deal with this should we decide to continue.

If you want to know what the hurry is, its that i eventually want to have kids. She also wants to eventually have kids as well. I am not that young. Im 33. As I get older, my chances of ever finding someone to settle down with and have kids will greatly diminish.

My girlfriend is also 30... and she also is concerned about her own biological clock. She actually lives a fairly comfortable lifestyle in Thailand and is quite happy there... and she is also very religious, active in her church, and plans to introduce me to all her friends at church. I highly doubt she is trying to scam me.

As for my ex... I dont know if she was or not. But I was quite desperate with her. I ignored a lot of her personality flaws, even though I knew them quite well and even complained about it to friends. My current woman, however treats me with respect, kindness etc, we have been skyping almost every day.

Im not making the decision right now to marry her. Im going to wait until i meet her and spend time with her. After, we will decide what to do. I just want to know whether or not pursuing a relationship with her is a futile endeavor.

I feel, at this point, that i can trust her. I say that without any reservation. Meeting her will either strengthen that trust or the opposite. With my ex... I have to admit that I had more than my fair share of doubts with her.

I knew my now husband for 3 years before I even traveled to his country he's my best friend and my rock he has helped me through the worst time of my life and had brought me closer to him because of it. After 3 years we are still learning more and more about each other. I'm in my early 30s he's late 20s and we have a newborn,even know it's a blessing it can also be very stressful especially when the princess won't sleep in her crib and wants to sleep in mommy or daddy's arms. It's not easy having children and you really dont know this woman as you say you do,people can change or are just better at playing the game if you know what I mean. Take some time to really know this woman before you ask her to marry you.

Good luck

Fyi woman can have babies in there 40s+ do dont use that as a excuse to try to rush things

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

With my ex... I have to admit that I had more than my fair share of doubts with her.

Right, and you were ready to marry her anyway. Hopefully, if this one shows you some red flags, you will know what to do.

FYI- People really do want to help you. It may seem like an attack or harsh criticism, but it's not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.