Jump to content

Paperwork help for ROC after divorce

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I would like to start by saying that I, at this point, can definitely not afford a lawyer and really need some guidance on a few parts of filing the I-751 after divorce / with the waiver. I am the immigrant spouse, and my divorce was FINALLY finalized just a few days back (spouse and I have been separated since May 2015) and I want to get this going. My 2year green card will expire in March 2017. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake (I've filed everything by myself up to this point) and was proven wrong.

I don't know if anybody has looked into it, but the new form is slightly differently worded and assembled from the one posted in Example forms.

This is the new form that I am using:


For me, it gets tricky with the next two parts.

part 4. of the form (page 3), Asking for Citizen Spouses Name, DOB, SSN, Adress, etc,.. - Am I filling in these parts, or leaving it blank?

part 8. of the form (page 7 and 8), When they're asking for my Citizen Spouses's statement, contact information (phone number, email, etc), Acknowledgement of appoitment at USCIS application support center with typed name .. and finally signature. - Which of the following am I supposed to fill out, or more importantly - since I ticked the box that I'm petitioning with a waiver due to good faith marriage ending - which parts have to be left blank?

Right before Part 8. (pg. 7) starts there is a disclaimer saying:

''If you are filing based on claims of being battered or subjected to extreme cruelty waiver or individual filing, you are not required to have the spouse's or individual listed in part 4's signature.'' - This is what has been confusing me. SO I can fill out all of his personal information out, tick box 1.a (pg 7) that he's supposed to fill out.. Type his printed name under ''Acknowledgement of appoitment at USCIS application support center'' ...but just not have his signature?

I truly tried my hardest to form my questions in a reasonable and understandable manner, so if anyone has recently gone through this, has found an example template or whatever, or has any idea what I'm trying to say here, please, please let me know how the heck to go about it.

I'm dealing with a butt-load of extra unexpected expenses (health insurance and unexpected pregnancy for one) and really have no extra funds to get a lawyer right now.


Very sincerely,

recently divorced, emotional pregnant person.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.