Tine68

Frankfurt NOA1 and Case Number

47 posts in this topic

Hello Tine68,

Thanks again for the post. Wow I didn't know there was a walk in place in Frankfurt for the medical.  Are you just going to do the walk in right before your appointment or a few days before?  Let me know when you get your appointment and how fast the Visa comes next.  This would be great information for our planning! 

Thanks again for all the feedback, 

JGK

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, i did the medical this last Tuesday ...  as i said, walk- in , got there about 8:30 am and was done by 10 am. The Medical should be done about 2 Weeks prior to your Interview....  where my Interview is scheduled for next Wednesday, February 1. , as we are proposed to travel on February 27.

I waited until my Step 2 was approved, and i got the Email saying i should have my medical done.. According to the Doctors office, it takes about 2 Days for the Lab-results to come in, then everything gets send to the Consulat.

The fee´s are split: 250 Euro on the Spot same Day as your medical, and the Lab sends you an Invoice for 130 Euro - this one i received today...

Hello Tine68,

Wow now it is moving along fast.  Good to know my wife needs to get her medical two weeks before interview.  Does it need to be within two weeks or can to be before two weeks, like a month earlier?  Also wow its crazy how much all these tests are costing..  I mean its worth it but I wish they would just provide a total list of costs.  I haven't heard of the 130euro lab results cost yet.. thats a new one for me. So when you made the appointment where there lots of opening, or was it fully booked till February 1?  If you wanted, could you have made an earlier appointment?

Thanks again for all the feedback and good lunch next week for the interview.  

JGK

Hi, as far as the Medical goes, i would recomand that she wait until Step 2 is approved and she get´s the email with the request to proceed and get her medical done.

When my request to Schedule the Interview was granted, the email told me right off hand, that the first available Appointment was Wednesday 1. February. and the Calendar only showed February or later.. for February where still slots available, but mostly the real early ones at 7:15 am.

This is what the email will look like :

letter.jpg

Edited by Tine68

Hi Tine68,

Thanks again for this information and good luck on your interview next week!  Looking forward to hearing the next steps and maybe you can give examples of questions you were asked.  Also just wondering, does your husband have to be at the interview as well?

JGK

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my Interview went very good. I got approved and received my Visa packet in the mail 2 Days later. Next and final Step is to pay the Immigration Fee before we fly out and activate my GC upon entry of the US... Then I have to apply in 2 Years for the removal of conditions ...

Hi Tine68,

Happy the interview went very good.  If you don't mind me asking, how long was it? So you go the visa packet 2 in just two days! wow that is fast. Just wondering, what is in there? and what is the last fee you are talking about?  Also when do you get the Green card? Was that in packet 2?  Also, can you provide more information on this apply within 2 years for the removal of conditions?  What conditions?

Thanks so much for sharing your adventure! I am hoping my my I130 comes back very soon!

JGK

I received my Visa 2 days after the Interview.

The packet is a big brown envelope which has your Passport with the Visa printed in it ( you have to leave your Passport at the Consulate on Interview day when you are approved ) It also contains another brown envelope which you are NOT allowed to open! It contains all the Paperwork from your Visa process and will be filed with Homeland Security in the US on the Day you enter the US.

The Immigration fee that you have to pay is for printing your Greencard. It is 220$

Removal of Condition: This you have to do if you are less than 2 Years married when you apply for an immigrant Visa. You receive a Greencard which expires in 2 Years. 90 Days before the expiration Date you have to apply for removal of the conditional status, meaning you have to proof that you're still married... When approved you will get a 10 Year Gc... 

All of this Infomation you find also on the USCIS Website and here as well:  http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

Hello Tine68,

Thanks so much for this last information!  I hope my process is as fast as your!  I will keep you posted if your interested and for others which might be reading this!  Thanks again for sharing and I wish you all the best in your relocation to the USA!

JGK

Edited by JGK2004

• 1 month later...

Hello Tine68,

I hope your relocation to the USA is going smoothly.  I just wanted to thank you for all the chatting on this form.  So we are now at the last step of getting the interview which I hope to have setup within next week.  Our I-130 took 55 days to complete which wasn't bad at all!  Then it took 7 days to get the NVC letter to tell us to fill out the DS-260.  That form did take a lot of time, like three hours!, but was easy like you stated.  Now we are just waiting for the confirmation that all our paper work is OK and then we can make our appointment!  Hopefully we can get an appointment this week or next week!  Then I hope to bring the family over to sunny California ASAP!

Thanks again for all the help and I wish you all the best!

JGK

Edited by JGK2004

Good Morning,

well my Relocation is not going at all right now ... lol We are effected of the federal hiring freeze, and our relocation was put on hold. So for the Time beeing we are waiting on new Orders...

Great News about your Visa though..  Step two should not take this long... i got my approval email about 10 Days after i send out the final paperwork. From here on out everything works over email.

Once your paperwork is reviewed, you receive an email to send in a request to schedule appointment. This Request is usually answered within 1 Day. Then you are able to schedule your appointment :-) Wait Time should be around 1 or 2 Weeks dependeng on the work load. A Friend of mine, scheduled hers last week for march31.

wishing you all the best!

Tine

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tine68,

Sorry to hear your relocation got delayed.  Hopefully the hiring freeze will end and you can head on over.  So I did have one more question.  You stated above that your approval email to make the appointment came in about 10 days.  We are still waiting for ours and we will be at 10 days tomorrow.  Just wondering,  I sent in all the documents and went onto the website to setup the address for mailing the documents and visa when they will be sent back after the interview, but did I miss any type of payments?  I have read my wife will have to make the remaining payments at the interview, but things seem very outdated online.  I read somewhere else that you are suppose to pay when you submit the supporting documents after the DS260.  When did you make your payments?  I know stated before you had to pay for all the medical stuff, we did that already since the medicals are good for 6 months.  As soon as your have the DS260 FRN number you can make the appointment. So we did that.  Am I missing any payments?

Thanks again for all the discussions,

JGK

HI, i think your still in Time for the approval email. I know of cases where it took up to two weeks.. or longer. Did you send the Confirmation Page from the DS260 with your Paper work?

You have to pay the Fee at Interview Day in Frankfurt ( $325 )

The last payment you have to make is the $220   Immigration Fee bevor you fly to the US. This is to produce the Green Card and needs to be paid after you recieve the Visa in Passport, because you need the Alien number to pay it.

I still need to pay this one also, i am just waiting for our orders....

Just keep in mind, that the Visa will expire with your medical! My Interview was February 1. But my Visa expires July 23, because my medical was in January..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.