19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone, my fiance had his interview on november 22 2016, at jamaican embassy in kingston. They issue him a white slip 221g. The additional documents they needed were my tax return transcript, and w2 1040. They gave me the option to email those documents. I emailed them the next day. When I go on the ceac website, it looks as though they've looked at his case, I see a date of december 12. This is the second time they've reviewed it, last time it was december 2. So it went from November 22, to dec 2, to dec 12. But status still says administrative processing. Can someone please tell me what's going? Im very nervous....im nervous because I'm hoping I have enough income to sponsor him. I have a household of 5 (including him) and made only 35,000 last year 2015. This year, I made 37,000. I see for a household of 5, I would have to have made at least 35,550. So I missed it by 550 dollars. Can someone please give me insight? Does k1 go by 100% or 125% poverty level? Will they turn him down because of This? I had to complete form i- 134 affidavit of support, if that helps. Thank you.

I was 220$ short from the income requirement and had to get a cosponsor. K1 I believe goes by 100% poverty level but I'm not completely sure

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

I believe I seen on here they go by 100%poverty for k1. My husband has a cr1 visa and thag i know is 125

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ja goes by 125%, and they look at last year's and current year's income. They will ask u for a co-sponsor. 100% is only for military.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Here it says 100%. This from the embassy's actual website..there was a link for more information and it brought me here...

post-240679-0-43982100-1481924835_thumb.png

Edited by Makeda

Timeline

This was specific info. I obtained this information from jamaican embassy's website. Other members here on vj say that it goes off of 100% for I- 134 form. So we'll just wait and see what happens. Thanks for the insight.

Edited by Makeda

It's 125. 100 is for military.

And if you didn't meet you will see AP turn to rejected or refused. Unless they contact you for a cosponsor.

If you get child support you can count that.

Edited by Catuela

Consulates taking the 100% or the 125% is completely on a case by case consulate basis.

MOST only accept 125% or more, the reason for this is, is that there's no point in their eyes to pass someone through who only makes 100%, and then them end up hitting a brick wall when trying to AOS after marriage which requires 125%. MOST people don't have an income increase that large from the time of visa issuance to the time to marriage and subsequent AOS filing.

Some consulates do only 100%, they basically go with the assumption that yes, a non-immigrant visa only needs 100% and that if you're not prepared to file for AOS with 125% then that's on you and your fault.

Technically the rules say 100% for the I-134, but the I-134 is also used for more than one visa type. K-1 is non-immigrant with immigrant intentions, and future financial requirements needed after marriage. So because of that, they CAN decide to only take what is needed in the future AFTER K-1 issuance, and use their own discretion accordingly.

Finances and CO's are not cut and dry and should not be treated as such.

Almost all people should prepare and assume that they will need 125% for the K-1, it's the safest way to know you're also good to go when it comes to AOS.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's 125. 100 is for military.

And if you didn't meet you will see AP turn to rejected or refused. Unless they contact you for a cosponsor.

If you get child support you can count that.

Ja does not accept child support as income as it is inconsistent income.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.