Chibizen

Abuse from a husband. What to do.

12 posts in this topic

Hi

Good day.

I just need some advice. Im from philippines and i come here in The usa last may of 2016 with a cr-1 visa. My husband and i are not doing good. Long story short i got my first job last june 2016 and his lost his job after i got hired since then until now he keeps changing and quitting jobs just like that..he even make a bill under my name and most of the time i go through verbal abuse.now he hit me on my leg last monday dec 12. I called the women protection servce for help but my phone die. The next day i went to the police station to file a report but they cant do it they said because its out of their area. But then i told the office i called the woman protection service last night and he contact it again for me and he bring me there. Now i filed for my restraining order and i have a hiring on the 22. I just want to ask if theres any possibility that i can still stay here in the usa after my 2yrs green card?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/579084-vawa-part-7/

I would ask in this thread...

You'll need evidence of abuse. If that is the route you are taking vs a divorce waiver.

I took a pic of the bruise and i recorded some of his verba abuse to me.. like i said the police cant file a report of what happened because were out of their area, thats why he also bring me here in the women protection service

~~Moved to effects of major family changes from ROC. Op is asking about abuse waivers~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You can divorce, and Remove Conditions on your own. You will need evidence of bonafide marriage, so gather what you can.

AOS:

Sent AOS Package: Feb 2014

Received Green Card: September 2014

ROC:

Sent ROC Package: Sep 2016

Approved: Feb 2018 

N400:

Filed: 7/9/19 online

Bios: 7/29/19

Interview: 12/10/19

Oath: 01/07/2020

July 2019  N400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Thank u.. i really do want to go to the hospital to check my bruise but i dont have a health insurance and i know it will cause me hundreds of dollar once i enter that door. I have a hearing on the 22 of this month for my restraining order. Its a real marriage and love but since ive been here he didnt get a stable job i pay for the rent utilities bills internet even his gas..and recently he ask me to go to the hospital even tho that theres nothing wrong with me long story short he didnt go to his job at walmart for 3 days and he make me an excuse that im in the hospital and he was there to support me but its not true.. i refuse to go to the hospital because i dont have an insurance and he keep on telling me that he already got an insurance at walmart even he just started there and he told me he will keep that job for our good future. I trusted him that he will gonna keep the job and he already got an insurance so i go, then last thanksgiving were on our way home and he told me that he wants to quit his job at walmart after he make a 800$ bill now And his trying to ruin my credit because he use my name to get the directv even tho that time we already have a dish. And this last monday he punched me on my leg one hard punched that make a big bruise. The women protection service is the whos helping me right now.

Thank u.. i really do want to go to the hospital to check my bruise but i dont have a health insurance and i know it will cause me hundreds of dollar once i enter that door. I have a hearing on the 22 of this month for my restraining order. Its a real marriage and love but since ive been here he didnt get a stable job i pay for the rent utilities bills internet even his gas..and recently he ask me to go to the hospital even tho that theres nothing wrong with me long story short he didnt go to his job at walmart for 3 days and he make me an excuse that im in the hospital and he was there to support me but its not true.. i refuse to go to the hospital because i dont have an insurance and he keep on telling me that he already got an insurance at walmart even he just started there and he told me he will keep that job for our good future. I trusted him that he will gonna keep the job and he already got an insurance so i go, then last thanksgiving were on our way home and he told me that he wants to quit his job at walmart after he make a 800$ bill now And his trying to ruin my credit because he use my name to get the directv even tho that time we already have a dish. And this last monday he punched me on my leg one hard punched that make a big bruise. The women protection service is the whos helping me right now.

Your profile states you are in Missouri, Kansas City.

If yes, you should go to this clinic:

http://www.kccareclinic.org/

If you do not have insurance: we strive to provide affordable healthcare to everyone using a sliding fee-scale that is based on income

Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Your profile states you are in Missouri, Kansas City.

If yes, you should go to this clinic:

http://www.kccareclinic.org/

If you do not have insurance: we strive to provide affordable healthcare to everyone using a sliding fee-scale that is based on income

Sorry but i put the wrong one im far from the city i live in a smal town. I went yesterday to a walk in clinic which is mercy and i ask for their help if posible they can do a report or atleast check my bruise and they refuse they told me i need to go to the ER for this.., and i left crying yesterday from the clinic

Sorry but i put the wrong one im far from the city i live in a smal town. I went yesterday to a walk in clinic which is mercy and i ask for their help if posible they can do a report or atleast check my bruise and they refuse they told me i need to go to the ER for this.., and i left crying yesterday from the clinic

Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully the women' shelter personnel could help you out somehow.

Here is a Catholic Charity website in Missouri that might be helpful to you as well.

https://www.ccstl.org/get-services/women-2/

Immigration wise

You can file for I-751 with divorce waiver on your own.

You need to gather evidence of bona fide marriage, example. you paid for rent, bills, joint accounts.. etc.

Even if you are trying to file I-751 based on extreme cruelty, you still to submit evidence of bona fide marriage on top of evidence of abuse.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully the women' shelter personnel could help you out somehow.

Here is a Catholic Charity website in Missouri that might be helpful to you as well.

https://www.ccstl.org/get-services/women-2/

Immigration wise

You can file for I-751 with divorce waiver on your own.

You need to gather evidence of bona fide marriage, example. you paid for rent, bills, joint accounts.. etc.

Even if you are trying to file I-751 based on extreme cruelty, you still to submit evidence of bona fide marriage on top of evidence of abuse.

Ive been here 7 months and we only have the lease on our name and the utililies he dont have stable since i got hired last june its like after 3days in one job he will quit or change right away and he dont want us to have a joint accounts, he dont have plan for us at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.