Chair_force1

Sharing funny story... comments?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I suggest you look at the Santo Domingo consulate reviews on this site. My husband and I did a CR1 marriage visa interview in Guatemala, and we were not asked any intimate questions like this. Nor were any other couples. At least there, the interviews are done in front of a teller like at a bank. You can hear everyone's interview. Again, its all Consular-specific. I believe Sto. Domingo has a similar setup where people can see you and hear your responses at the "ventanilla".

I suggest to have sex before making a visa committment. Sex is part of the relationship, just lake education level, family history, etc.

I had one girl I was about to put in K1 visa for, and chatted with her for 4 months before I ever met her. I was so sure she was the right one for me and I did love her.

Once I spent time and we had intimate time, I knew I could never marry her.

I suggest you look at the Santo Domingo consulate reviews on this site. My husband and I did a CR1 marriage visa interview in Guatemala, and we were not asked any intimate questions like this. Nor were any other couples. At least there, the interviews are done in front of a teller like at a bank. You can hear everyone's interview. Again, its all Consular-specific. I believe Sto. Domingo has a similar setup where people can see you and hear your responses at the "ventanilla".

Yes it's the same way I was a nervous wreck when my husband had his interview but it was a lot easier than I thought

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I suggest to have sex before making a visa committment. Sex is part of the relationship, just lake education level, family history, etc.

I had one girl I was about to put in K1 visa for, and chatted with her for 4 months before I ever met her. I was so sure she was the right one for me and I did love her.

fine and good for you, however I'd never suggest that for one who feels that it would be compromising their values or beliefs

fine and good for you, however I'd never suggest that for one who feels that it would be compromising their values or beliefs

I agree with you. Sex is all about boundaries and consent. I personally do not believe in abstinence, but I also believe that I have a choice as well as my partner on when and what we do. If you need to pressure someone into sleeping with you, or you feel pressured into sleeping with someone, they are not right for you.

You need a partner who is willing to talk about the boundaries, not push them.

And if those boundaries are to abstain from intimacy, then so be it! There are MANY couples globally who have successful and safe relationships without having sex until they are married.

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

You based that solely on the "intimate time"? Would you have known she wasn't right for you if you hadn't had "intimate time"?

Hubby and I didn't "do the deed" until we were married. First times were awkward and all, but hey guess what, we love each other. It keeps getting better the better we know each other!

All I can say is this: if I had judged our relationship on the basis of our first "intimate" times together, I may have walked away from an excellent, loving, deep relationship with a wonderful, loving husband.

OP, don't let external (perceived) circumstances pressure you to sleep together. Keep doing what you feel is right.

its like going to the bank. I did my K1 interview in August.

I did see stokes people called to the back.

it DOES happen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Just tell them you are reading the book on the topic but the new "walking Dead" series has diverted your attention so have not got to the chapter where you "do it",

Then chastise the interviewer, stating "a lady never speaks to strangers about such topics" .... smiling at the same time to the interviewer of course ! :rofl:

Or ask, hmm so if I tell you my answer, will you tell me first when you first did it and if it was with your now wife? :devil: ..... this will show you understand US culture for sure!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

How can you make such a suggestion for another couple? Besides it being a sacred and very important decision for some couples, sex is such a subjective thing! It will be amazing one day and "meh" the next, depending on so many factors.

I have never heard of this question being asked in an interview, but even if it comes to it, i'm sure your decision to wait will be respected and considered valid.

My sister waited for marriage before having sex. She married her hs sweetheart and they are still married with 2 kids. People still do it granted I'm the opposite and married my husband while pregnant(my brother married his bm after she gave birth) everyone is different I give credit to anyone that can wait until after marriage. Yes sex is a big part of a relationship but it's not the main most important thing. If him and his fiancé want to wait you really don't have a right to judge them or tell them they should

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

How can you make such a suggestion for another couple? Besides it being a sacred and very important decision for some couples, sex is such a subjective thing! It will be amazing one day and "meh" the next, depending on so many factors.

I have never heard of this question being asked in an interview, but even if it comes to it, i'm sure your decision to wait will be respected and considered valid.

in Dominican Republic

ALL is fair game please remember DR is HIGH fraud. Stokes interviews do happen some people even get approved then called back 2nd interview. DR is :no: walk in a field of dandelions.

2nd I would be high suspect if the person not wanting a sexual relationship is the DR person...

I mean not everyone wants to be sexually active...but I would pounce on my fiancée when I saw him and he would be ready lol :) just saying...

BUT IT IS A PERSONAL decision.

I TOO would not do any formal (visa) relationship prior to sex :oops:

Edited by Catuela

You based that solely on the "intimate time"? Would you have known she wasn't right for you if you hadn't had "intimate time"?

The intimate part was the game changer, I even packed a engagement ring I was so sure she was the one. Me and her chatted almost daily and it was great and we got along quite well. She had even seen in person from my previous trip to Philippines even though I didn't remember her face but she described where I was at the time and it was spot on.

She meet me at airport, I had a month vacation. I stayed with her in her room at her parents house, and after about 3 weeks of doing my best to make things work, I knew I couldn't be with her due my the sex. I had to leave and try to salvage my last week.

I just share this story with others, because you may think (and I was one of them) you are in love and it going to be real, until you spend time and really get to know each other then it is still a evolving relationship. Looking back now, it was best for me and her to move on.

My sister waited for marriage before having sex. She married her hs sweetheart and they are still married with 2 kids. People still do it granted I'm the opposite and married my husband while pregnant(my brother married his bm after she gave birth) everyone is different I give credit to anyone that can wait until after marriage. Yes sex is a big part of a relationship but it's not the main most important thing. If him and his fiancé want to wait you really don't have a right to judge them or tell them they should

My wife now was virgin when I met her, but I wasn't going to roll the bones and wait after the experience I had before.

Marrying a virgin looks good on paper, but in reality it better to know your spouse inside and out.

I think that question only comes up when you do green card interview, to see if its a real marriage.

The correct answer of course to prove its a genuine marriage is "weeks ago" ;)

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.