33 posts in this topic

Give the evidence you have to USCIS and let them handle it from there. If they follow up and do something about the fraud, that's great. But be aware that they very rarely do.

Take care of yourself, do not dwell on getting revenge on him, that will only make moving on more difficult for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you all. Yes I've got lots of proof and I'm going to make an I forays apps. When I called USCIS the lady wasn't helpful she said to just let it go smh. I also found out yesterday he was trying to get an apt (guess to leave without my knowledge) but it was already rented. The fool can't afford it anyway since he's only working pt. I prefer an annulment so I can just move on with my life. I have also learned from his aunt and cousin he lied about a lot more and his mom seems to cover from him. She had the nerve to as me not to do anything if he'd pay the rest of his fees himself. Screw them all.

Thank you all. Yes I've got lots of proof and I'm going to make an I forays apps. When I called USCIS the lady wasn't helpful she said to just let it go smh. I also found out yesterday he was trying to get an apt (guess to leave without my knowledge) but it was already rented. The fool can't afford it anyway since he's only working pt. I prefer an annulment so I can just move on with my life. I have also learned from his aunt and cousin he lied about a lot more and his mom seems to cover from him. She had the nerve to as me not to do anything if he'd pay the rest of his fees himself. Screw them all.

Im sorry this happened to you. I would go for an annulment too because if the marriage was not legit neither was the issuance of the GC. Fraud is excellent grounds for it in some states. They will revoke the benefit of it.

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Im sorry this happened to you. I would go for an annulment too because if the marriage was not legit neither was the issuance of the GC. Fraud is excellent grounds for it in some states. They will revoke the benefit of it.

not always...search visa journey for evidence of this

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If she's granted an annulment, he can still file for ROC on his own.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Annulment doesn't mean he can't file for ROC on his own.

Annulments are very hard to obtain in any state. Most attorneys try to avoid filing them.

Needs loads of proof to obtain a annulment. Fraud as in this case, you need a 12 inch book to convince a Judge.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Annulments are very hard to obtain in any state. Most attorneys try to avoid filing them.

Needs loads of proof to obtain a annulment. Fraud as in this case, you need a 12 inch book to convince a Judge.

from my understanding, aside from religious annulment, they're rarely granted

Bingo. Divorces are far easier to obtain and achieve the same end -- you are no longer married to the person, and you may move on with your life. As others have said, an annulment has been shown not to be a bar to removal of conditions.

from my understanding, aside from religious annulment, they're rarely granted

Bigamy, incest and incapacity (age and mental state) are other ones.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline

Hey sorry you had to go thru that, dont let bitterness or anger overcome you

report it & hand the proof in then move on, give him rope to hang himself if

he scammed you he'll keep doing it run afoul of the law & get GC revoked. Maybe

you should also stop discussing the situation with his family too...Mr right will

come along.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Going to be honest with you.  You can report it to the investigative unit, but they may only tell you, they just dont have the time to investigate every report they received.  I had called regarding my husband. i cancelled the greencard interview and had a restraining order against him.  I told them he was going to run off but they did nothing.  Sometime later they send a letter telling him he had to deport and also there is a warrant for his arrest for no show in court.  This man has lived in another state since 2004. Immigration still never did anything. I wish you luck but dont hold your breath

Renee

You were used by the whole scum family to get one of them to the US so he can petition for the rest or work and send money back so they can sit on their asses and do nothing.

Forget them, divorce, and move on.  Annulment is much harder (and more expensive) to get.  I hope you didn't put him on any financial accounts, insurance, etc.  Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Update. The lying scum paid for the greencard and I guess he thought it would be sent where he's at (didn't happen). He calls me from a blocked number after I told him I don't answer those he unblocked it (tried to tell me he has no phone but he's on whatspp and IMO all night long, he blocked me, but I've got other phones I can check with). He now knows and all of a sudden he wants to work things out and come home. Had the nerve to ask me for money, when I said no, then a plane ticket (I'm not doing that). His recent actions solidify the fact that he's after a greencard only.  I reported everything to USCIS but they don't seem to care. The agent I met with in person did tell me that he's flagged in the system so he will have trouble trying to file the I751 alone (it's not due until 2018) since he's flagged for possible fraud. The agent also said they are going to question how he lived with his spouse for less than 4 months and he has nothing showing a bona fide marriage since he got here. He even tried to say he was abused by me (found out that lie won't work since no reports). He had the nerve to tell me I need to make things right (he lied from the start and I'm wrong) and pay for him to return, I didn't get him where he's at so hell no I am not. Let whomever he's with take care of him and his mother (I'm sure he's wearing out his welcome since no income and always need something and his mother always need money since she doesn't work). Even the most genuine person gets tired of taking care of an adult. he said God above sees all and boy I know that's true because he's sure watching him. I was good to him and he did this to me so Karma will handle him. Oh and had the nerve to get mad because I was at lunch with a man when he called, lol. Now I'm just trying to get the money together for the lawyer to get the divorce done so I can be done with the lying scum.

Edited by Meant2B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.