Jump to content
rainking

Petitioning my mom. She requires sputum exam. Have questions.

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone. I'm in the process of petitioning my mom (IR-5) and she went in to do her medical exam at St Luke and now requires additional sputum testing done. From my research here, that will take two months for the culture to come back if the sputum comes back negative and up to 9 months if the rapid is positive. My questions are, she is scheduled for her interview on 1/10/2017. Do I need to reschedule that? If so, how? How much does the sputum exam cost? They didn't tell her and she didn't ask. Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone. I'm in the process of petitioning my mom (IR-5) and she went in to do her medical exam at St Luke and now requires additional sputum testing done. From my research here, that will take two months for the culture to come back if the sputum comes back negative and up to 9 months if the rapid is positive. My questions are, she is scheduled for her interview on 1/10/2017. Do I need to reschedule that? If so, how? How much does the sputum exam cost? They didn't tell her and she didn't ask. Thanks for your help.

Yes you will need to reschedule the interview, for now just cancel, then wait until you know the results before scheduling again... just in case.

SPUTUM testing is included in the cost of the medical, no additional charge, as it the medication if needed.

Here is info for contacting the embassy to reschedule... cancelling for the moment. ;)

Embassy Manila’s Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines are (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502. The call center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Visa interview appointments can also be scheduled online here.

Edited by Philippines^Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you will need to reschedule the interview, for now just cancel, then wait until you know the results before scheduling again... just in case.

SPUTUM testing is included in the cost of the medical, no additional charge, as it the medication if needed.

Here is info for contacting the embassy to reschedule... cancelling for the moment. ;)

Embassy Manila’s Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines are (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502. The call center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Visa interview appointments can also be scheduled online here.

Thank you for the information! I appreciate it!

So the sputum testing is included. What if she test positive on the rapid and needs the 6 month prescription. Is that also included? I think you answered that question already but I'm not sure if I'm following your answer correctly so just looking for clarification.

I'll make sure I call and cancel her interview. Thanks again!

Edited by rainking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the information! I appreciate it!

So the sputum testing is included. What if she test positive on the rapid and needs the 6 month prescription. Is that also included? I think you answered that question already but I'm not sure if I'm following your answer correctly so just looking for clarification.

I'll make sure I call and cancel her interview. Thanks again!

Yes the medication is included also.


Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! Thank you for the confirmation. Hoping the culture is negative so it's only a 2 month delay vs 9 months. But more importantly, I hope my mom is healthy.

I hope so as well :thumbs:


Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She did her 3 day sputum test and came back a week later for her rapid. Rapid is negative but will have to go back March 2nd (2 months later) for the culture and vaccinations. Do I have to reschedule her interview after that? Anything else I need to do or be aware of? What's this 2go thing I keep seeing? Do I need to sign her up for that? Is that for when her interview gets approve, they will mail her passport back to her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rainking said:

She did her 3 day sputum test and came back a week later for her rapid. Rapid is negative but will have to go back March 2nd (2 months later) for the culture and vaccinations. Do I have to reschedule her interview after that? Anything else I need to do or be aware of? What's this 2go thing I keep seeing? Do I need to sign her up for that? Is that for when her interview gets approve, they will mail her passport back to her?

 

Yes you need to cancel her current interview, then once everything is clear with SLEC and the SPUTUM you scheduled a new interview for your mom. iNFO BELOW.

 

And yes you should make sure to have her delivery address for the visa confirmed, but that is is done here:  

 

To facilitate a timely processing of immigrant visa applications, all applicants are reminded to register their delivery address online. Failure to designate a delivery address prior to your appointment date will result in delayed delivery of your passport and visa.

To register online, click on the “Select Document Delivery Address” link under the Immigrant Visas section of our website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/). Once there, click on the appropriate link to register a delivery address for the first time, or to change an existing delivery address.

If you have any question(s) on how to register a delivery address, please contact Manila’s Visa Information and Appointment Service Center at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

 

Here is contact info for the embassy.

 

Contacting the Embassy (Manila)

 

Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

 

 

The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

 

 

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

 

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

 

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

 

Visa interview appointments can also be scheduled online here.

 

 

**Your mom may have to attend CFO also (depends on age), at the least she will have to be registerd to get the sticker in her passport.

 

 

Pre Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)

Philippine law requires all departing Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad to attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO). Only emigrants aged 12 years and younger are exempted from attending the PDOS. Although this is not a U.S. Government requirement, we do make this information available to all fiancé(e) and immigrant visa applicants. An information sheet regarding the CFO/PDOS seminar is attached to the visa packet to ensure that applicants are aware of this requirement.

For additional information (registration and counseling requirements, PDOS schedule, and schedule of guidance and counseling sessions), the applicant may visit CFO’s website at http://www.cfo.gov.ph.

 


Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2017 at 8:06 PM, Sagot said:

 

Yes you need to cancel her current interview, then once everything is clear with SLEC and the SPUTUM you scheduled a new interview for your mom. iNFO BELOW.

 

And yes you should make sure to have her delivery address for the visa confirmed, but that is is done here:  

 

To facilitate a timely processing of immigrant visa applications, all applicants are reminded to register their delivery address online. Failure to designate a delivery address prior to your appointment date will result in delayed delivery of your passport and visa.

To register online, click on the “Select Document Delivery Address” link under the Immigrant Visas section of our website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/). Once there, click on the appropriate link to register a delivery address for the first time, or to change an existing delivery address.

If you have any question(s) on how to register a delivery address, please contact Manila’s Visa Information and Appointment Service Center at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

 

Here is contact info for the embassy.

 

Contacting the Embassy (Manila)

 

Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

 

 

The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

 

 

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

 

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

 

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

 

Visa interview appointments can also be scheduled online here.

 

 

**Your mom may have to attend CFO also (depends on age), at the least she will have to be registerd to get the sticker in her passport.

 

 

Pre Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)

Philippine law requires all departing Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad to attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO). Only emigrants aged 12 years and younger are exempted from attending the PDOS. Although this is not a U.S. Government requirement, we do make this information available to all fiancé(e) and immigrant visa applicants. An information sheet regarding the CFO/PDOS seminar is attached to the visa packet to ensure that applicants are aware of this requirement.

For additional information (registration and counseling requirements, PDOS schedule, and schedule of guidance and counseling sessions), the applicant may visit CFO’s website at http://www.cfo.gov.ph.

 

Thanks for your help thus far. Another question: her culture was negative and she goes in March 7th for her vaccinations. Can I reschedule her interview now for a date after March 7th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rainking said:

Thanks for your help thus far. Another question: her culture was negative and she goes in March 7th for her vaccinations. Can I reschedule her interview now for a date after March 7th?

Absolutely!!! :thumbs:  

 

Allow about a week after the vaccinations as your mom will not carry her medical file over, with SPUTUM St. Luke's sends it over.  

 

Glad all went well!!


Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sagot said:

Absolutely!!! :thumbs:  

 

Allow about a week after the vaccinations as your mom will not carry her medical file over, with SPUTUM St. Luke's sends it over.  

 

Glad all went well!!

Thanks @Sagot! You're a very valuable resource to this forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×