jonnydi

NOA 2 to receiving case number (London)

47 posts in this topic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Medical is done! It was quite quick, my husband said he was in at 9 and out by 10:45. Everything went smooth and the people said the embassy should have our stuff by Wednesday!

So every since we received our case number we have been checking online to schedule our interview at the embassy. Originally we secured an interview for Feb 27, but it is SO EASY to reschedule your interview. We both (him in Northern Ireland and me in America) would check online a few times a day for openings and they happened quite often. Soon we had an interview for Feb 14, and then Feb 6, and now Feb 2. So we went from Feb 27th to Feb 2nd in the span of 3 days. And we are still going to try and get a date a little earlier (Jan 31st). So, can't stress enough how important it is to constantly check for a sooner date! Especially if you want to move to the USA asap. 

An appointment just opened for Jan 31st! Literally just now! Aaahhh!!! 

Cam, I assume you tried contacting them? When we emailed them we sent emails regularly until we got our case number. At least know that once you get it you can quicken the last bit of the process. Have everything ready to go for the interviews and all. 

5 hours ago, Cam73 said:

How are those crossed fingers working out for you Steve?

Absolutely nothing and no response from embassy to my emails asking them. My job waiting out there is getting a bit annoyed with the unknown of it all.

3 hours ago, Bello said:

An appointment just opened for Jan 31st! Literally just now! Aaahhh!!! 

Cam, I assume you tried contacting them? When we emailed them we sent emails regularly until we got our case number. At least know that once you get it you can quicken the last bit of the process. Have everything ready to go for the interviews and all. 

Wow January 31st.  I'm very jealous. 

Still nothing Cam?? I followed up on my email again as I haven't heard anything back from them for my question, or any confirmation of changing my address. I don't fancy my chances of relying on Royal Mail redirect for my case nnumber.

If my theory of guessing case numbers is right they have assigned 16 numbers in the past 2 days, far more than they were assigning before that. Perhaps a big catch up?

No nothing here. I can say that my Royal Mail redirect (doesn't affect this process) has been seamless, in case that gives you some comfort.

I'm a big fan of positive theories, so let's say you're right and we'll be getting good news soon.

Wow who'd of thought we would still be waiting for the case number at this point, especially after looking at every other timeline that indicated 2 weeks max :(

Persistence has paid off...I've been guessing case numbers everyday and managed to figure out that I had been assigned one this morning. Medical booked for Tuesday and interview booked for Feb 21st!

Did you get yours Cam? If not I'd definitely recommend going through the past few days of case numbers to see if any work for you.

@stevecow did you guess by just trying to fill DS-260 and hoping no one has the same date of birth ?? Anyway thanks a lot for the timeline.

Interview completed! My husband's name wasn't on the list but he has his proof of appointment so they took care of him (remember to print out confirmation of appointment/carrier). Submitted I-864 (they mentioned something about W2 but we had pay stubs back to September as well as tax transcripts so it was ok). They appreciated the extra copies of papers we had, saved them time and was able to move the interview along faster. Paid fee. And then asked a couple questions (how we met, what my parents do, and who is supporting us). No "proof" needed. And then said that he was approved! And that was it! 1.5 hours max. They commented saying that our process was the quickest they've seen since our NOA2 was mid December. Expecting our passport back this weekend and hoping to fly this Sunday. Such a relief. So much weight lifted off our shoulders. Reunited soon enough!

Delighted to hear it. Will you let us all know when the passport comes back so we can get an idea of courier times? Although everything you guys touch seems to go quicker than for anyone else! ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.