abbyc0r0na

deported for life

40 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone who helped, I definitely will follow up with all the advice, I appreciate your time & help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I'm not asking you to feel sorry, people make mistakes & family gets hurt in the process, don't sit & judge as if you are perfect

To enter you will need to be petitioned, do you have a spouse who is a US Citizen?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

you need a lawyer if your significant other is a USC and you are married or in route to be married this can possibly help when applying for waiver.

Edited by Catuela

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not asking you to feel sorry, people make mistakes & family gets hurt in the process, don't sit & judge as if you are perfect

you might find more sympathetic attitudes over at a site called immigrate2us it's a little harder to navigate but lots of similar situations

I've seen a few cases like this on immigrate2us. There was a small percentage that was able to get approved waivers and eventual legal status. But there were also a lot that still could ne immigrate.

But the common denominator in all cases was that it took a very long time and a lot of money. Some cases took almost 2 decades.

Your child may very well be a teen by the time this is reaolved.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Doubt "forgiveness" or a "pardon" will be given after being deported, then illegally re-entering and then committing a felony and getting deported a second time... Remember who is going to be the President soon? People hope that kids being involved would maybe "lessen" the blow or punishments; but if it did, then everyone would just be having kids for no reason but to use as pawns.... :pop:

No having kids won't help. My sis in laws husband was deported after doing time in jail this was 5 years ago I think. His kids can go visit him so no proof of hardship can be used. Thankfully for him he had a 6 year ban and hasn't re-entered or committed any crimes

He also was a lpr

Edited by JenniferNangel

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As I stated earlier, the reentering makes it a mandatory 10 year bar before a waiver could even be considered. So don't get your hopes up that you will have a hardship case anytime soon. Once the 10 years are up then you could apply for the waiver IF you are married at that time. You can start preparing now but there no way to remove the 10 years for re entry.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

The child can sponsor a parent at 21, but can not file a waiver.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I am the mother of the child, but not married we can't get married

If you are not married to a USC, then you have no path back to the US.

A 4 years old US citizen child does not help you.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Already deported for re-entering illegally

1st deportation human trafficking punishment 10yrs, during punishment I re-entered. Got caught driving drunk & deported for life.

Human trafficing, ban, illegal re-entry before the ban expired and DUI while being illegal in the US, then lifetime ban? You may try a very good lawyer if you still want to try but I think there're no chances in your case even with a child in the US. Too many of very serious law violations.

- Victor from Russia

Our timlines K1 visa - Citizenship (06.28.2011 - 08.01.2016)

K1 Visa Timeline (06.28.2011 - 04.07.2012)

• 06-28-2011: I-129F sent to Dallas
  • 07-05-2011: NOA1 (CSC)
  • 01-05-2012: NOA2 (184 days since NOA1)
  • 01-13-2012: NVC passed
  • 01-19-2012: Embassy received our case
  • 02-14-2012: Interview PASSED! :D K-1 Visa Approved! :D
  • 03-08-2012: POE
  • 04-07-2012: Wedding!

AOS/EAD Timeline (04.26.2012 - 12.13.2012)

• 04-26-2012: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox
  • 05-02-2012: NOA1 (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 05-23-2012: Biometrics taken
  • 07-02-2012: Employment Authorization Issued (07-09-2012 - received in the mail)
  • 12-03-2012: Made Service Request for I-485, because case is beyond processing time
  • 12-07-2012: I-485 APPROVED! 219 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 12-13-2012: GreenCard in the mailbox, done with AOS!

Lifting of conditions Timeline (09.04.2014 - 01.14.2015)

• 09-04-2014: I-751 sent to CSC
  • 09-08-2014: NOA1
  • 11-10-2014: Biometrics taken
  • 01-07-2015: Approved! Only 122 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 01-14-2015: GreenCard in the mailbox

Citizenship Timeline (09.03.2015 - 01.08.2016)

- 09-03-2015: N-400 sent to Phoenix

- 09-10-2015: NOA1

- 10-08-2015: Biometrics taken

- 10-28-2015: Case is in line for an interview

- 11-02-2015: Letter with Naturalization Interview Appointment

- 12-07-2015: Interview passed

- 01-08-2016: Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen now!

tTM3p3.png

Timeline

Nobody to petition her for a very long time by the sound of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.