kyleandrealyn

DS-3025 has nothing checked in the summary

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are trying to determine if we need to do the I-693. We have our DS-3025 sheet and it has 4 vaccines given and dated. However, in the summary it has neither the complete box checked or nothing in the US vaccination requirements not complete.

Do we need to have the I-693 completed by a certified surgeon?

Timeline

Have her contact the doctor/ place she did her medical and explain that her form is not marked and if they can send her a copy filled properly.

It was completed at the St. Lukes hospital in Manila.

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

It says:

"2. The new form has a summary section. It may be marked:

"US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (Requesting a Blanket Waiver)"

But instructions I have seen says it is only marked for immigrant visas. I know In London they leave section 2 unmarked at K1 medicals."

The in red part tells me the box is not supposed to be checked. The K1 visa is a NON immigrant visa. She does have all the vaccinations listed that is needed. I DONT believe she is required to have the I693 exam after I have read this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

It says:

"2. The new form has a summary section. It may be marked:

But instructions I have seen says it is only marked for immigrant visas. I know In London they leave section 2 unmarked at K1 medicals."

The in red part tells me the box is not supposed to be checked. The K1 visa is a NON immigrant visa. She does have all the vaccinations listed that is needed. I DONT believe she is required to have the I693 exam after I have read this.

If her DS-3025 is not marked complete then it can not be used for the AOS after she gets here and therefore needs the I-693.

Timeline

If her DS-3025 is not marked complete then it can not be used for the AOS after she gets here and therefore needs the I-693.

Thanks for the input.............But that isn't what this write up on this site says. Why wouldn't the doctor mark it as complete.? She got all 4 vaccinations required. According to why this was not checked was because it was NOT supposed to be. It is only checked for immigrant visas. K1 is NON immigrant visa.

Do I need a medical exam?

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

Source: I-693 instructions page 6 &7, Part 3 FAQ, #3

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination, and:

(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or

(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 7. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 4., and 7. of Form I-693.

Do you need an I-693 immunization sheet? Is my DS-3025 filled out properly?

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

• MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver)
  • Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One date must be no longer than 10 years ago)
  • Varicella (Either a check by "Vaccine" with a date, OR a check by "Varicella History" if you had chickenpox. History gets you a waiver)
  • Influenza (during flu season)** see note below because you may be okay without it. If it is not flu season, the waiver in the last column is Code F.
  • Everything else marked "not age appropriate" Code A, insufficient time interval B, not flu season F, contraindicated C...things that allow a waiver.

NOTE: If you have shots missing and no waiver for them, stop here and see a Civil Surgeon. "Most of the shots" isn't complete. A note from your home country doctor won't count. All shots must be recorded on the DS-3025 or waived. You will have to take your doctor note to a Civil Surgeon and get him to record it on an official form.

2. The new form has a summary section. It may be marked:

But instructions I have seen says it is only marked for immigrant visas. I know In London they leave section 2 unmarked at K1 medicals.

3. Signed and dated by the doctor

The unknown with this new form is--will every adjudicator across the US know how to interpret the summary section? Their policy manual says:

"The officer should be aware that civil surgeons may improperly mark the boxes because they may misunderstand the meaning of these boxes. Therefore, the officer should determine, from the vaccination assessment completed by the civil surgeon, whether the applicant received all vaccines, which blanket waivers should be granted, and whether the applicant requires any ​other waivers. The officer should exercise discretion in reviewing the vaccination chart and when evaluating the results boxes at the bottom of the vaccination assessment chart. ​ ​If the civil surgeon did not check any result boxes, the officer should only return the form for corrective action if he or she is unable to ascertain whether the applicant is admissible. "

Edited by kyleandrealyn

Timeline

That isn't what this write up on this site says. Why wouldn't the doctor mark it as complete.? She got all 4 vaccinations required. According to why this was not checked was becuase it was NOT supposed to be. It is only checks for immigrant visas. K1 is NON immigrant visa.

Do I need a medical exam?

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

Source: I-693 instructions page 6 &7, Part 3 FAQ, #3

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination, and:

(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or

(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 7. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 4., and 7. of Form I-693.

Do you need an I-693 immunization sheet? Is my DS-3025 filled out properly?

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

• MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver)
  • Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One date must be no longer than 10 years ago)
  • Varicella (Either a check by "Vaccine" with a date, OR a check by "Varicella History" if you had chickenpox. History gets you a waiver)
  • Influenza (during flu season)** see note below because you may be okay without it. If it is not flu season, the waiver in the last column is Code F.
  • Everything else marked "not age appropriate" Code A, insufficient time interval B, not flu season F, contraindicated C...things that allow a waiver.

NOTE: If you have shots missing and no waiver for them, stop here and see a Civil Surgeon. "Most of the shots" isn't complete. A note from your home country doctor won't count. All shots must be recorded on the DS-3025 or waived. You will have to take your doctor note to a Civil Surgeon and get him to record it on an official form.

2. The new form has a summary section. It may be marked:

But instructions I have seen says it is only marked for immigrant visas. I know In London they leave section 2 unmarked at K1 medicals.

3. Signed and dated by the doctor

The unknown with this new form is--will every adjudicator across the US know how to interpret the summary section? Their policy manual says:

"The officer should be aware that civil surgeons may improperly mark the boxes because they may misunderstand the meaning of these boxes. Therefore, the officer should determine, from the vaccination assessment completed by the civil surgeon, whether the applicant received all vaccines, which blanket waivers should be granted, and whether the applicant requires any ​other waivers. The officer should exercise discretion in reviewing the vaccination chart and when evaluating the results boxes at the bottom of the vaccination assessment chart. ​ ​If the civil surgeon did not check any result boxes, the officer should only return the form for corrective action if he or she is unable to ascertain whether the applicant is admissible. "

The highlighted explanes. For the K-1 it doesn't matter if it's complete or not. It's for the AOS when she gets here and have to file that.

Timeline

The highlighted explanes. For the K-1 it doesn't matter if it's complete or not. It's for the AOS when she gets here and have to file that.

Yeah this write up is talking about if the I-693 is needed or not. Im going to go with what this write up here says. Im sending the DS-3025 the way it is. Plus my wife is pregnant and Im not going to let them give her any more shots especially when she has gotten everything she needed from the start. Surely someone with a brain can see she has gotten what she needs from our DS-3025. All 4 shots are clearly stated with a date and a doc signed off.

Thanks for you feed back Georgia16. I appreciate it.

Timeline

Yeah this write up is talking about if the I-693 is needed or not. Im going to go with what this write up here says. Im sending the DS-3025 the way it is. Plus my wife is pregnant and Im not going to let them give her any more shots especially when she has gotten everything she needed from the start. Surely someone with a brain can see she has gotten what she needs from our DS-3025. All 4 shots are clearly stated with a date and a doc signed off.

Thanks for you feed back Georgia16. I appreciate it.

They wont give her the shots again they Will see on the paper she got it and then write it on the other form.

If you send it now then expect a RFE where they will ask her to see a uscis doctor to get the right form

Timeline

They wont give her the shots again they Will see on the paper she got it and then write it on the other form.

If you send it now then expect a RFE where they will ask her to see a uscis doctor to get the right form

Ok i will take your advice. Im simply getting screwed out of some money over this it seems. The doctor should had done their job and checked it because she has gotten all her shots.

Timeline

Ok i will take your advice. Im simply getting screwed out of some money over this it seems. The doctor should had done their job and checked it because she has gotten all her shots.

You take the advise further up and try and write them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.