Jacque67

Russia "tried to help" Donald Trump win election, CIA concludes

125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Most in Texas consider Houston to be the armpit of Texas and has the worst traffic. I am not a big fan of Houston or Austin. I live in a Plano/Frisco area North D/FW metroplex.

I have a few friends who are in the Oil/Gas business in Texas, big surprise. Most of them are all Republicans and Conservative.

If you are going to try to adapt to Texas then you need to be more conservative, Get you a couple guns to carry, enjoy eating BBQ and Mexican food.

Please don't California my Texas with your liberal view.

That is Mexican food made by legals.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

And yet, is there anything that can be said about how things went down that will change the new facts: Trump won and possesses god-like stamina to transform America? How things get done are not important, we do not care how our vitality as a nation is restored.

Again I just think you should distinguish between how things actually went down, and just the blanket statement "the how doesn't matter". That is a slippery slope. Yes I'm not saying there was anything wrong with how Trump won, that I know of yet. He won completely legally. Yes I was surprised, but that doesn't mean the "how" was bad.

However, the more we say "the how doesn't matter" the more we will allow objectionable things in the future. "How" is important to keep America at the pinnacle of the 'Free world'. While yes during this election people's votes were supressed en masse, if the "how" doesn't matter would you support Trump enlisting "brown shirts" to intimidate and pressure people in 4 years so that he wins reelection? The "how" can matter, I think we should keep that in mind for the future (not just for Trump, the future in general). I want America to be great as well. However, I also want it to remain at the pinnacle of Freedom and Democracy.

Most in Texas consider Houston to be the armpit of Texas and has the worst traffic. I am not a big fan of Houston or Austin. I live in a Plano/Frisco area North D/FW metroplex.

I have a few friends who are in the Oil/Gas business in Texas, big surprise. Most of them are all Republicans and Conservative.

If you are going to try to adapt to Texas then you need to be more conservative, Get you a couple guns to carry, enjoy eating BBQ and Mexican food.

Please don't California my Texas with your liberal view.

Ya the traffic is bad. I live in the Heights and at the time I go to work it is minimal so it's not bad for me (takes me 20-25 minutes). A lot of the docs live out in Sugarland and places and that is far.

I don't see how "BBQ and Mexican Food" is conservative, but yes I am adapting to that. Guns will never happen for me. I'm fine with other people choosing to carry, I just never will. Not now, and especially not when I have children. I support the AAP's stance on that matter.

As I said so far, at least in the "circles" i'm interacting people are mostly at the very least moderate. More religiously conservative yes, but at least in the hospital most people were quite shocked about Trump's win (and not happy). However I also realize medicine tends to be more left-leaning in large academic centers. I'm sure most of the people outside this building is more conservative, but like it or not I just don't interact with many people outside my work.

Now when my wife gets here and gets a job we'll see. It's funny because in England Oil and Gas isn't automatically a "conservative" job, but then again at least with regards to social issues England in general (both conservative and liberal) are more towards the left than we are. Oil and Gas is such an international field you get a mix of people.

I promise I won't "Californianize" Texas. I mean yes I'm happy places like Whole Foods and Central Market are around, and there are good restaurants in Houston, but otherwise for me personally I don't need much.

Classic "Nature Boy". You can't actually think of an response, so you resort to acting like a 10 year old. Move along little boy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Again I just think you should distinguish between how things actually went down, and just the blanket statement "the how doesn't matter". That is a slippery slope. Yes I'm not saying there was anything wrong with how Trump won, that I know of yet. He won completely legally. Yes I was surprised, but that doesn't mean the "how" was bad.

However, the more we say "the how doesn't matter" the more we will allow objectionable things in the future. "How" is important to keep America at the pinnacle of the 'Free world'. While yes during this election people's votes were supressed en masse, if the "how" doesn't matter would you support Trump enlisting "brown shirts" to intimidate and pressure people in 4 years so that he wins reelection? The "how" can matter, I think we should keep that in mind for the future (not just for Trump, the future in general). I want America to be great as well. However, I also want it to remain at the pinnacle of Freedom and Democracy.

For brief periods the Athenians set aside democracy and adopted a single ruler for the good of the nation, we are entering such a period.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

For Sure

We have TexMex here which is much better than the CalMex ####### they have out West

THere are some pretty good fish taco places in California I have to admit (San Diego). The only Tex-Mex I really know are fajitas and yes they are excellent here in Texas.

Filed: Timeline

I don't see how "BBQ and Mexican Food" is conservative, but yes I am adapting to that. Guns will never happen for me. I'm fine with other people choosing to carry, I just never will. Not now, and especially not when I have children. I support the AAP's stance on that matter.

Real Texans grew up hunting and fishing, We like to shoot deer, duck, doves, quail and fishing a national pastime here.

We don't use terms like adapting to guns, they are just a tool like a hammer or knife.

If you want to come to Texas then you need to adjust to us, not the other way around.

For brief periods the Athenians set aside democracy and adopted a single ruler for the good of the nation, we are entering such a period.

Again, regardless of Trump's policies and whether people agree with them, that is a dangerous game.

Rome also had a method for "temporarily" adopting a single ruler for the "good of the nation" and then it eventually ended up becoming permanent. Or maybe an example more people "understand" - The galactic republic (Star Wars) adopted a "single ruler" for the "good of the republic" and ended up with the Empire ;).

Real Texans grew up hunting and fishing, We like to shoot deer, duck, doves, quail and fishing a national pastime here.

We don't use terms like adapting to guns, they are just a tool like a hammer or knife.

If you want to come to Texas then you need to adjust to us, not the other way around.

Jesus christ you are defensive. Where did I say that I was making anyone adapt to me? I said I'm fine if you want to carry, I just have no desire to own a gun. It's fine if you "grew up" that way, but I didn't and I won't raise my children that way. That doesn't mean I'm going to force anything on you. Stop forcing it upon me. So far Houston has been a welcoming city and I haven't felt the need to change at all. I guess maybe I'm not interacting with "Real Texans".