30 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear that, no one should leave their dogs behind once you have them (bought them, adopted them).

Find a lovely new home for the dogs? Make sure the new owner is willing to take responsibility for the dogs instead of abandoning them in the streets or put to death.

Otherwise, try to reason with your spouse that YOU need the dogs to be with you here in US.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That is tough, personally for me my dog is a deal breaker.

Perhaps a family member would be willing to take them?

Or if you could better understand your husband's objections maybe you could reason with him? If he is concerned about how to get them here do the research yourself and present him with the options for example.

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

They are two small in size indoor dogs and they can't be out in the yard. He said no dogs inside aND promised me to get a big outdoor dog to be in the yard. Those Littles dogs are like my own children they are too attached to me always with me wherever I go . My sister has 4 cats and can't shoulder more responsibility towards 2 dogs and still she would leave them in the yard if she took them. I even posted in dogs for adoption Web sites in America telling them I will pay all the fees and vaccination till they reach their destination in America to be able to visit them.

Smaller dogs are easy to take care. You can take your dogs for walk daily for them to do their business outside.

If he gets a big outdoor dog, does the dog only stay outside and not indoor at all?

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to hear this. This is something where couple compromise is needed. However, I am surprised that this was not brought up before you are married. Was his expectation always this way? did you get the dogs while you were a fiance or since the marriage? I made sure my wife was OK with the inside 3 cats, dog and guinea pig before we got married. The dog passed away before she immigrated. I am going to guess he does not want the hair, smell, letting in and out for bathrrom and possible messes. Maybe he did not grow up with dogs. Unfortunately, I don't see a good answer for this. Even if you found someone to adopt your dogs in the U.S., they are not going to want you dropping by often to see them. It's unreasonable. Good Luck. I don't envy you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is unfortunate. Not only will you possbily be dealing with homesickness, now you will be missing your pets also. I assume he knew about these animals throughtout the relationship. I think asking you to leave them behind is a bit unfair, unless he has an allergy or something. My husband knew we had an indoor dog. He was not fond of the idea, but they are good friends now. Napoleon keeps my husband company during the day. Maybe something can be worked out.

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

Sorry to hear this. This is something where couple compromise is needed. However, I am surprised that this was not brought up before you are married. Was his expectation always this way? did you get the dogs while you were a fiance or since the marriage? I made sure my wife was OK with the inside 3 cats, dog and guinea pig before we got married. The dog passed away before she immigrated. I am going to guess he does not want the hair, smell, letting in and out for bathrrom and possible messes. Maybe he did not grow up with dogs. Unfortunately, I don't see a good answer for this. Even if you found someone to adopt your dogs in the U.S., they are not going to want you dropping by often to see them. It's unreasonable. Good Luck. I don't envy you.

Actually we didn't have a pet when we got married but later on I got female lovely dog and told about her he said he didn't mind having a dog here in my homeland we have 2 bathrooms so he didn't feel any change in his daily routine but he said when we relocate he would get a big dog to in the yard when she was killed in a car accident he became very sad and the house was unbearable so I got another one but not as cute as my lovely Jessy till we got used to him and became my favourite kid then the guy that sold us Jessy my first dog told me that he had puppies for sale her sisters third generation so I chose the one that look exactly like my deceased Jessy and I told my husband that I had to get a second dog because she looked exactly like her plus she is her sister he told me that I became mad of dogs he didn't see them as he didn't come because he started the visa process. He justified not bringing them to US that I need to get used to culture differences first and he should have a surgey in March and my time should be dedicated to him to take care of him.

Timeline

This is unfortunate. Not only will you possbily be dealing with homesickness, now you will be missing your pets also. I assume he knew about these animals throughtout the relationship. I think asking you to leave them behind is a bit unfair, unless he has an allergy or something. My husband knew we had an indoor dog. He was not fond of the idea, but they are good friends now. Napoleon keeps my husband company during the day. Maybe something can be worked out.

He has only one bathroom that's why he didn't want them there he told me to leave them with my sister but she let me down because she can not take care of her cats and my dogs

OK, I see some relationship issues that need to be worked out that have nothing to do with the dogs. The dogs are only a focus point.

I also more foreseeable issues when OP arrives in US. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband doesn't want me to bring my two little lovely dogs with me from Africa. I don't know what you do

Love me , Love my dog is what I told my husband, Now our dog is a Daddy's girl, and we got another dog to add to the family. Bought a Labrador as a Ramadan present for my husband last year, he was so happy.

I'm sorry you have to make a decision, a dog is not a pet, but part of the family and our hearts.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I also more foreseeable issues when OP arrives in US. :whistle:

This comment was not fair. I see the OP is from Egypt so I am assuming they are Muslim and if you knew anything about Islam you would know that it is written that angels do not enter the homes where people have dogs. Should her dogs have been discussed before now? Yes, but it isn't as cut and dry and people may think it is and it's unfair to say they will have marriage problems in the future because of this one issue, that I'll point out again, is not because he wants to be a jerk, it is literally against the religion of Islam.

OP: My husband is Jordanian and I had a dog when we married(we married in Jordan) who was 12 years old at the time. He knew my children were very attached to her and never asked me to get rid of her, if he had I wouldn't have anyway, Lilly was a part of my family and it would have been a deal breaker for me if he had asked me to find her a new home. His family was totally fine with it as well, and although his dad passed away 2 years ago(he was the one I was most worried about, I loved him very much and his opinion mattered a lot to me), even he warmed up to her. When my husband first arrived he was scared of her(she was a corgi and has since passed) but after a few days he realized she was totally harmless and he grew to love her as much as we did, in fact he was always the first to wake up in the mornings and he would feed her and take her for her morning walk. I would hear him talking in Arabic to her when he thought no one was listening, he really loved her. About 6 months after he arrived Lilly was diagnosed with cancer and passed away, he was as heartbroken as we were. I swore I would never get another dog because the heartbreak of watching her suffer and then losing her was devastating. After a few months I realized that our house was not the same without a dog and I told my husband I was thinking about getting another dog, he was not for it, but I went ahead and rescued another adult corgi and the day our new dog arrived my husband just kind of rolled his eyes and said "I knew you wouldn't listen" he wasn't angry he was amused. Our new dog's name is name is Petey and we've had him for 3 years now, his owner was dying from bone cancer and could no longer care for him, and as heartbreaking as it was for her to give him up she wanted to make sure he would be well taken care of before she passed and thankfully chose us chose us. My husband is absolutely in LOVE with Petey and they are the very best of friends. My husband's family has visited twice in the fours years since my husband arrived 4 years ago and they always bring gifts for her :) , it;s quite sweet. I understand the reason your husband doesn't want dogs but perhaps if your husband sees a story like ours he will consider changing his mind and I hope he does. Please keep us updated and good luck!

This comment was not fair. I see the OP is from Egypt so I am assuming they are Muslim and if you knew anything about Islam you would know that it is written that angels do not enter the homes where people have dogs. Should her dogs have been discussed before now? Yes, but it isn't as cut and dry and people may think it is and it's unfair to say they will have marriage problems in the future because of this one issue, that I'll point out again, is not because he wants to be a jerk, it is literally against the religion of Islam.

OP: My husband is Jordanian and I had a dog when we married(we married in Jordan) who was 12 years old at the time. He knew my children were very attached to her and never asked me to get rid of her, if he had I wouldn't have anyway, Lilly was a part of my family and it would have been a deal breaker for me if he had asked me to find her a new home. His family was totally fine with it as well, and although his dad passed away 2 years ago(he was the one I was most worried about, I loved him very much and his opinion mattered a lot to me), even he warmed up to her. When my husband first arrived he was scared of her(she was a corgi and has since passed) but after a few days he realized she was totally harmless and he grew to love her as much as we did, in fact he was always the first to wake up in the mornings and he would feed her and take her for her morning walk. I would hear him talking in Arabic to her when he thought no one was listening, he really loved her. About 6 months after he arrived Lilly was diagnosed with cancer and passed away, he was as heartbroken as we were. I swore I would never get another dog because the heartbreak of watching her suffer and then losing her was devastating. After a few months I realized that our house was not the same without a dog and I told my husband I was thinking about getting another dog, he was not for it, but I went ahead and rescued another adult corgi and the day our new dog arrived my husband just kind of rolled his eyes and said "I knew you wouldn't listen" he wasn't angry he was amused. Our new dog's name is name is Petey and we've had him for 3 years now, his owner was dying from bone cancer and could no longer care for him, and as heartbreaking as it was for her to give him up she wanted to make sure he would be well taken care of before she passed and thankfully chose us chose us. My husband is absolutely in LOVE with Petey and they are the very best of friends. My husband's family has visited twice in the fours years since my husband arrived 4 years ago and they always bring gifts for her :) , it;s quite sweet. I understand the reason your husband doesn't want dogs but perhaps if your husband sees a story like ours he will consider changing his mind and I hope he does. Please keep us updated and good luck!

Go read up OP's past threads of how their visa problems have been dragging on for 2 years, you will probably understand why I stated that. I did see many red flags.

Yes, I know that Islam considers dog haram.

But that does not mean that all Muslim people are that close-minded when come to getting dogs as pet

And it certainly not an issue for OP since she is muslim and has her dogs for sometimes already.

Another poster stated that they got another Labrador as a Ramadan present.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.