lutz

CR1 Visa Denied Now Marriage is over 2 years old

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband and I married in early May 2014. His CR1 visa was denied in September, 2015. We have now been married for over 2.5 years. Will this have a bearing on his CR1? Does it automatically change to IR1 if we are married over 2 years?

We are still waiting on the NOIR or some word from USCIS. The file was returned to USCIS on March 4, 2016, but nothing has been updated on the website. I've contacted an ombudsman, but they only say to wait.

Any answers are appreciated.

Thanks.

My husband and I married in early May 2014. His CR1 visa was denied in September, 2015. We have now been married for over 2.5 years. Will this have a bearing on his CR1? Does it automatically change to IR1 if we are married over 2 years?

We are still waiting on the NOIR or some word from USCIS. The file was returned to USCIS on March 4, 2016, but nothing has been updated on the website. I've contacted an ombudsman, but they only say to wait.

Any answers are appreciated.

Thanks.

Why was he denied the CR1 Visa?

Timeline

The interviewing officer would not tell him. she just gave him a 221G and a blank checklist, and said that I would have to fight it. When he pressed her as to why she denied, she told him to leave. This is in Accra, Ghana.

The interviewing officer would not tell him. she just gave him a 221G and a blank checklist, and said that I would have to fight it. When he pressed her as to why she denied, she told him to leave. This is in Accra, Ghana.

I am really sorry to be hearing this. I thought they would tell you right then and there why you would be denied. So are you waiting to find out what is going on?

Timeline

I am really sorry to be hearing this. I thought they would tell you right then and there why you would be denied. So are you waiting to find out what is going on?

Thank you. Yes, we are still waiting to hear anything from USCIS. Either an NOIR or a re-affirmation. We are now in the 15th month since he was denied. The sites say one year to get a response, but it's over one year.

Thank you. Yes, we are still waiting to hear anything from USCIS. Either an NOIR or a re-affirmation. We are now in the 15th month since he was denied. The sites say one year to get a response, but it's over one year.

I always here that Ghana is a tough Embassy to deal with. Sending prayers your way for an outcome soon. Was his medical clear, does he have a clear police record any prior marriages. Was all documents submitted that they requested?

Timeline

I always here that Ghana is a tough Embassy to deal with. Sending prayers your way for an outcome soon. Was his medical clear, does he have a clear police record any prior marriages. Was all documents submitted that they requested?

Thank you for you kind words. Yes, everything was clear, police and as far as we know, medical. We have an age difference, but we submitted so much paperwork to prove the validity of our marriage. I lived there with him for almost a year and of course, we have daily contact.

In any case, I would like to know about the CR1 changing to IR1. Do you know anything about that?

Thank you for you kind words. Yes, everything was clear, police and as far as we know, medical. We have an age difference, but we submitted so much paperwork to prove the validity of our marriage. I lived there with him for almost a year and of course, we have daily contact.

In any case, I would like to know about the CR1 changing to IR1. Do you know anything about that?

He is automatically considered and IR1 at 2 years.

Timeline

You don't have to do anything...his visa will be IR1 when it is issued .

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

it took 18 months for them to respond back to us with a noir after it was recieved back at uscis. we have now submitted our evidence and are waiting their final review. they did the same thing to us with the 221g it was blank. when i went there last year i asked why it was denied and we were given a 221g. the consular officer told me that he didn't think we had a valid marriage. hoping you hear something soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

sorry to hear this,i hope you have put together all the documents and evidence to prove you have a bona fide relation,praying he gets his visa this time.I think the embassy there is strict because of high levels of scammers.was his interview at US embassy in Cantonments, Accra? l saw in the news that there was a fake US embassy that was shut down that has been in operation for a decade in Ghana.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/04/africa/fake-american-embassy-ghana/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sorry to hear this,i hope you have put together all the documents and evidence to prove you have a bona fide relation,praying he gets his visa this time.I think the embassy there is strict because of high levels of scammers.was his interview at US embassy in Cantonments, Accra? l saw in the news that there was a fake US embassy that was shut down that has been in operation for a decade in Ghana.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/04/africa/fake-american-embassy-ghana/

:o

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Timeline

Thank you all for your kind words. The website was just updated and my husband was reapproved, which is a big relief. Now I don't know what steps to take. I made a new posting. The update was just yesterday, and it says to contact the Department of State.

The DOS will request whatever it needs (if anything) and reschedule an interview for him. He will need a new medical and you should make sure he has an updated I-864 with documents, and also a new police certificate if the old one is expired.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.