Charfranie

B1/B2-APPLYING FROM CANADA

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello there!

The last time I posted here was in July I think... :) My son and I are supposed to apply for our US Visit visa but decided to renew my passport first and yeah it took months.

On Friday, Dec. 9, we are going to Calgary office to apply and hopefully be approved.

Wish us luck my friends! :) I will keep you posted!

We are Filipino- Permanent residents of Canada :)

Usually B1/B2 is a pure fluke for nationals of high fraud country but in your guys's case,it is my assumption that you guys will get it.good luck to you.

Timeline

So last Friday, Dec. 9, my son and I had an interview at the Calgary office. We arrived at 8 am though our appointment was at 8:40 am. So we went straight to the security, and they inspected our jackets, removed belt and watches. Just like at the airport.

Then we were asked to fall in line and the security guard said that we cannot make any contact with anyone outside. We went straight to the elevator and went to the 10th floor.

When we arrived, we were asked to fall in line again. On the 1st window, the lady asked for our passports and the 2x2 pictures and our PR card. it took us 15 minutes because the lady needs to change my information because I used my old passport with my maiden name when I filled up the ds160 form. I have a new passport with my Married name now.

Then at window 4, fingerprinting, it took us at least 15 minutes again because the lady can't get my fingerprints because my hands are wet hahahahha!!!! My son was so embarrassed already :devil: hahah!

Then the actual interview was in a different window as well.

The lady asked me: How long have you been here in Canada, I said 7 years. Is this your first time to apply for a US Visa, I said yes, she told me , You've been here for 7 years and you just applied now? I said yes. Maybe she was a little bit surprised because some Filipinos apply right away even if they only hold a working visa... lol!

Then she asked how long we are staying in the US, I said just 2 weeks.. She also asked where we are going... I said Las Vegas and Disneyland. :)

And finally she said, Everything's ok, both your visas are approved... :)

Our passport will be shipped after a week.

woot woot!!!!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Good for you!

[And it is not "fluke-ish", anymore than, say, doing well on the SAT is fluke-ish.

Understand what is required, do enough homework to know where you stand and to make your case persuasively and, of course, honestly.

It is more like getting into a really good university.

It is just NOT like buying something, like a plane ticket - You pay your money, and you get something.

In this case, you pay your money, and what you get is assessed and judged.

What you say, think, and do before, during, and after the process, matter. As it does in many things in life.

That's how I view it, anyway.]

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by DaveSana

So last Friday, Dec. 9, my son and I had an interview at the Calgary office. We arrived at 8 am though our appointment was at 8:40 am. So we went straight to the security, and they inspected our jackets, removed belt and watches. Just like at the airport.

Then we were asked to fall in line and the security guard said that we cannot make any contact with anyone outside. We went straight to the elevator and went to the 10th floor.

When we arrived, we were asked to fall in line again. On the 1st window, the lady asked for our passports and the 2x2 pictures and our PR card. it took us 15 minutes because the lady needs to change my information because I used my old passport with my maiden name when I filled up the ds160 form. I have a new passport with my Married name now.

Then at window 4, fingerprinting, it took us at least 15 minutes again because the lady can't get my fingerprints because my hands are wet hahahahha!!!! My son was so embarrassed already :devil: hahah!

Then the actual interview was in a different window as well.

The lady asked me: How long have you been here in Canada, I said 7 years. Is this your first time to apply for a US Visa, I said yes, she told me , You've been here for 7 years and you just applied now? I said yes. Maybe she was a little bit surprised because some Filipinos apply right away even if they only hold a working visa... lol!

Then she asked how long we are staying in the US, I said just 2 weeks.. She also asked where we are going... I said Las Vegas and Disneyland. :)

And finally she said, Everything's ok, both your visas are approved... :)

Our passport will be shipped after a week.

woot woot!!!!! :)

Welcome to America !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Charfranie, just out of curiosity why did you tell the Consular officer you were going to Las Vegas and Disneyworld if you wre actually going to a Warriors basketball game? That seems like misrepresentation to me unless your plans changed. You likely would have been approved either way. Just curious. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, ThreeCrabs said:

Charfranie, just out of curiosity why did you tell the Consular officer you were going to Las Vegas and Disneyworld if you wre actually going to a Warriors basketball game? That seems like misrepresentation to me unless your plans changed. You likely would have been approved either way. Just curious. 

Our original plan WAS to really go to Las Vegas and Disneyland.. but our plans changed. We chose to stay with our relatives instead of staying in a hotel elsewhere! 

I

Edited by Charfranie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.