221 g new delhi (merged)

36 posts in this topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi sometimes when the system updates the date changes but the status updat does not. . That is a flaw in the system and they will be doing another one tonight I believe to fix that. Same thing happened to me. Happens with most systems like this.

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi sometimes when the system updates the date changes but the status updat does not. . That is a flaw in the system and they will be doing another one tonight I believe to fix that. Same thing happened to me. Happens with most systems like this.

Sure..it could be

My Time line is Updated! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread Update merged with existing thread. Please keep all related threads together. ~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Turned in my passport as per embassy instructions. Hope for the best now..

On Wednesday, December 07, 2016 at 9:18 PM, LionessDeon said:

Ur welcome. Hopefully, you will hear something soon. Good 

Edited by abhatia315
Mistake

My Time line is Updated! 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am happy you got yours sorted. Have a safe trip!

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 11/24/2016 at 0:31 PM, abhatia315 said:

I never got any feeling that he was going to give me 221g. He was very nice. Whatever document he asked i was able to provide him. I think the major hit was my simple assualt case when i was in US with wife while i was visitnh her. I have a feeling he wanted to run a background check because he took my fingerprints during interview. All of the sudden he said i will return your passport to you but once you will get an email from embassy i need to turn in my new passport and old passport ( it has my b1b2 visa) altogether. I asked him if he resfused me he said decision cant be made this time as it needa further processing.

If in your letter of 221G it was mentioned rejected or denial?

The Consular said same thing to me but in my letter it was mentioned that visa is rejected and AP will be there.

Timeline

I never got any feeling that he was going to give me 221g. He was very nice. Whatever document he asked i was able to provide him. I think the major hit was my simple assualt case when i was in US with wife while i was visitnh her. I have a feeling he wanted to run a background check because he took my fingerprints during interview. All of the sudden he said i will return your passport to you but once you will get an email from embassy i need to turn in my new passport and old passport ( it has my b1b2 visa) altogether. I asked him if he resfused me he said decision cant be made this time as it needa further processing.

The Consular said same thing to me but in my letter it was mentioned that visa is rejected and AP will be there.

Timeline

Timeline

Timeline

Timeline
On 11/24/2016 at 9:12 AM, abhatia315 said:

I went for interview cr1 yesterday. Everything went fine and i answered all questions. He went through pictures if us, family. He wa stuck at my simple assualt case and i gave him my Disposition. He also asked for lease and i gave him. He also went through pur taxes and i saw him writing meet requirement on top of that.at the end, he issued me 221 (g) stating that my case need more processing. Then he asked me after i get an email from embassy i need to turn in my old passpot and new passport to the embassy. I dont know if i am refused ot what? It shows adminsitrative processing.

Edited by Neevs&daylen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.