nileva

AOS checklist - I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864. Anything missing?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey guys,

I’m getting ready to send in my AOS packet. It’s been taking forever without professional help but I think I got it all. Can anyone look over my check list/cover letter and see if I missed anything?

I came to the US on an F1 Visa, met my now hubby 5 years ago, did OPT, am currently “out of status” but married to US citizen. My father in law is my joint sponsor since my husband only has a part time job right now. Everything is neatly organized in a folder with each packet labeled and paper clipped individually. Hoping to send it in this week! Thankful for any feedback!

I-130 PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE:

1. MONEY ORDER of $420.00

2. Form G-1145

3. FORM I-130

4. Two pictures each of PETITIONER* and BENEFICIARY**

5. FORM G-325a from PETITIONER

6. FORM G325a from BENEFICIARY

7. Copy of petitioners US Passport

8. COPY of petitioners US birth CERTIFICATE

9. Copy of Beneficiary’s current passport with entry stamps, US visa and expired passport

10. COPY of Beneficiary’s translated BIRTH CERTIFICATE

11. Copy of I-20 from Beneficiary

12. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (Original)

13. Documents showing BONA FIDE MARRIAGE

13a. Pictures documenting relationship

13b. Copy of current joint lease

13c. Copy of current joint electric account

13d. Copy of previous joint lease

13e. Copy of itinerary showing joint travel

I-485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENT OR ADJUST OF STATUS:

1. MONEY ORDERS OF $1070 FOR I-485 AND Biometrics FEE

2. Form G-1145

3. Form I-485

4. TWO PICTURES OF APPLICANT***

5. Copy of applicant’s current passport with entry stamps, US visa and expired passport

6. COPY of Applicants translated BIRTH CERTIFICATE

7. COPY of APPLICANT’s I-94

8. COPY of APPLICANT’s I-20

9. Form G-325a from Applicant

10. Copy of marriage certificate

11. Criminal record from ***Superior Court (original)

12. Certificate of Detention from ***police department (original)

13. MEDICAL EXAMINATION (sealed, yellow envelope with form I-693 and all necessary documents).

I-765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION:

1. Form I-765.

2. Two pictures of the Applicant***

3. Copy of Applicant’s I-94

4. COPY of applicant's I-20 of

5. Copy of Applicant’s Passport - Biographical page

6. Copy of applicant's previous EAD card/employment authorization document(Front and back)

7. Copy of applicant’s SSN card(front and back)

I-864 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT: PETITIONER AND JOINT SPONSOR:

1. Form I-864 of PETITIONER*

3. Copy of PETITIONER’S US Birth Certificate

4. Copy of PETITIONER’S US Passport - Biographical page

5. Copy of PETITIONER’S Tax Return Transcript - Tax Year 2015

6. Form I-864 of JOINT SPONSOR**;

7. Copy of Joint Sponsor’s US passport - Biographical page

8. Copy of Joint Sponsor’s Tax Return Transcript - Tax Year 2015

9. Copy of Joint Sponsor’s Form 1040 - Tax Year 2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Some suggestions:

1) Remove the folder, or the CO will have to do it (does not make them happy).

2) Why aren't you applying for a travel permit? It would be free with the AOS.

3) Any proof of current income to send with the I864s? Employment letters and paystubs?

4) I don't think sending a copy of the SSN is necessary, but someone might correct me. Filling in the number should be fine.

5) None of you have been previously married?

6) You've double-checked that all boxes are ticked, and everything is signed where it should be?

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

no need of the SS card

plus you haven't attached any financial documents to prove what is on the tax transcripts

such as W2s, paystubs, letter from employer

no need for petitioner's birth certificate or passport for his i864, your husband is sending those with the i130, proof that he is a US Citizen, but yes for the joint sponsor

you do need to add the financial support for the affidavits of supports

also, if they are already sending the tax transcripts, no need of sending the 1040, it's one or the other

Edited by aleful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I second A'n'L - apply for the travel document (1-131) - you don't need set plans in order to get it - but it's better to have rather than not in case something comes up and you will need to leave the country while you application is pending.

And yes - you need paystubs/letter of employment to back up the financial affidavits.

Also - do NOT send the original marriage certificate with the I-130. Send a copy like you are doing for the I-485 - you'll need the original at the time of the interview and they don't require the original before then, so might as well save yourself a bit of money so you don't have to request more original/certified copies.

Be sure to keep a copy of the entire signed packet you send (except the medical exam obviously).

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Great, thanks so much for the input guys!

So my joint sponsor is self employed, would a business license or bank statement be ok in case of no W2's? And I have to have a copy of his birth certificate for sure? Only passport is not ok?

And are you sure there is no fee for I-131 if I send it with the packet? If not then I'll send it in since I have the form already. Any documents I need for that?

Also, is black and white copies ok or do they need to be in color? Passports, Visa, Birth certificate etc.

Thanks again! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Both the EAD/AP are free with the filing - no additional fee needed. You will need another copy of your passport biographic page (just to be safe) and two more photos for the AP document but that's it.

I think others who have had self-employed sponsors have just sent tax transcripts, proof of citizenship (ie birth certificate) and if you want, a letter from the sponsor detailing the self-employment (including how long they have been self-employed).

Black and white copies are fine - that's what we sent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.