sebastianshaw

AOS December 2016 Filers (merged)

2,199 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/2/2018 at 8:47 AM, e_xterrixx said:

Any tip on how to approach them at the InfoPass, to get better answers/responses?

hey any update on your side ?

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, sebastianshaw said:

hey any update on your side ?

Hi there! Yes. I went to the infopass appointment and the officer told me they were waiting to schedule our case for a second interview. Its been a week now and nothing yet from them. Keeping fingers crossed that the interview letter will come sooner than later. Soo over this!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, e_xterrixx said:

Hi there! Yes. I went to the infopass appointment and the officer told me they were waiting to schedule our case for a second interview. Its been a week now and nothing yet from them. Keeping fingers crossed that the interview letter will come sooner than later. Soo over this!

oh wow. Sorry to hear that they are still in the process. I thought your interview went well (although you never know with USCIS), maybe they saw a red flag after the interview and just want to be sure and need a clarification. Your frustration is totally justified. 

Wishing you all the best. Do keep us updated. 

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/22/2018 at 12:30 PM, e_xterrixx said:

Did you ever get a response on your second interview. I called today because the 120 days has passed. They said my case is still under review. They said a officer looked at my case in December 4 times, one time in January and one time in March. I’m really tired of this 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Bronxnyc said:

Did you ever get a response on your second interview. I called today because the 120 days has passed. They said my case is still under review. They said a officer looked at my case in December 4 times, one time in January and one time in March. I’m really tired of this 

Nope! Not yet. I put in a service request for the renewal EAD yesterday. Hoping for something positive soon.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, e_xterrixx said:

Nope! Not yet. I put in a service request for the renewal EAD yesterday. Hoping for something positive soon.

Ok 😞😞😞😞😞. I renewed my EAD in January and applied for the travel document as well. Still haven’t received a response as yet with regards to that 

HI,

We sent my husbands AOS packet in early December, until now he has received is EAD Combo card.  We also received back in September a letter from the local field office asking for evidence of our relationship and shots records. We sent everything in. Now they want a new medical exam before they can make a decision. Does this mean we might get a interview waiver ?

My second question is that we sent in paperwork to renew is EAD and it was sent back due to us not including fees. I thought that if you have an AOS pending there is no charge to renew the EAD.  Is that right and if it is do I just send the paperwork back to them ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tbrenes22 said:

HI,

We sent my husbands AOS packet in early December, until now he has received is EAD Combo card.  We also received back in September a letter from the local field office asking for evidence of our relationship and shots records. We sent everything in. Now they want a new medical exam before they can make a decision. Does this mean we might get a interview waiver ?

My second question is that we sent in paperwork to renew is EAD and it was sent back due to us not including fees. I thought that if you have an AOS pending there is no charge to renew the EAD.  Is that right and if it is do I just send the paperwork back to them ?

I can only answer to your second question cause I’m a bit confused with your first. However I sent in my renewal for my EAD because it was about to expire and they accepted mine and I didn’t need to pay because my AOS was is still pending even though I did my interview already but I haven’t gotten a response as yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tbrenes22 said:

HI,

Possibly interview waiver yes, or they would've asked you to bring the medical to the interview. 

For the EAD renewal, you need to also send proof that you have a pending i-485, that would be a copy of the i-485 NOA1 that you received a few weeks after sending in the AOS package. If you don't send proof of pending i-485 they won't know that you should get the renewal for free.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello! After one year and 4 months I filed for AOS, finally they sent me the interview letter 🙂🤗😊😀😃☺ It's on May 31

Any tips and advances to be prepared for the interview?

Thanks ☺

My AOS journey

12/22/2016: AOS and I-130 sent

01/10/2017: Checks cashed

01/11/2017: Acceptance confirmation thru e-mails and texts  

01/17/2017: Noa in the mail

01/24/2017: Biometrics appointment letter for 02/02/2017 

02/02/2017: Biometrics taken (I've removed my piercing :(  )

01/30/2017: Got a letter saying I forgot the medical form I-693

Timeline

I finally got notification this morning that my EAD card is approved. At the same time, my I-131 (filed on March 26) was also approved so I guess USCIS didn't see a reason to delay the I-131 since the EAD was given a "go-ahead" right?? I doubt they would listened to me if I called and asked them to expedite the I131 since I had I765 pending over 150 days!

Question: Does anyone know how the new secure mail delivery process works or should we just be placing "hold at post office"? Does that even work?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

**Whoops, I thought this was in a different forum and I'm not sure how to delete

Edited by spiramirabilis
Mistaken post

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LTrucker said:

Hi everyone,

It's probably time for some of us to apply for ROC. I wanted to ask if this is a good spot to discuss those timelines or if we should start a new topic for discussion.

Thanks!

-LT

If you look in the ROC subforum you will find a thread for each month, just like in the AOS subforum. 

Yes, many of us have filed or will file soon. I filed in April myself. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.