Kofi1

I NEED HELP ON MY NOIR

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I was saying in case I don't tell them their are not my biological children but tell them there was an oversight on the issue of the date of birth and used the USCIS original documents we filled at first which correctly gives their correct date of birth.

And there with reference with the NVC on the date issue we didn't send them an email, we called them.

No, because you wrongly gave the impression that the children are your biological kids.

You will run into lots of trouble down the road. The embassy will likely do a DNA test next time around and will deny you

again. The NOIR is your second and last chance to fix it once and for all.

Then there are forms to fill for removal of conditions once you make it here.

You can not misrepresent yourself with this just because you want to have an easier fix.

They do not care about your cultural customs, they expect you to fully understand the instructions on the forms you fill out

for this country.

If you do you keep it up you will set yourself up for denial and a lifelong ban for misrepresentation.

Make wise choices today so you won't cry tomorrow or take a short cut that will turn into a major road block later,

more like a concrete wall on which you will beat your head. Gamble with this and you will lose.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm sorry but I suspect the kids are yours and you had them with two different women close in time. Everyone is telling you the problems you will run into if you claim they are yours when they aren't yet you keep thinking otherwise. Be truthful in this journey because the embassy and USCIS see everything. They've been doing this job for decades. Your story doesn't add up to me(another Ghanaian). Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I like to give people the benefit of doubt.

How do you know that he did it this with malicious intent?

What if he is has been playing the role of "legal guardian" all this while? You don't have to be the biological parent to someone in other to get immigration benefit for the child(ren).

He just have to adopt those children legally and he will be good to go.

I won't accuse a man of a crime without proof. You shouldn't.

Now, i don't know about the rest of his case but based on this part alone, i would like to believe he didn't know.

You have to stop portraying adoption for immigration purposes as this easy. If anyone could adopt a relative and bring them to the US we would have all done that. First, a child adopted from a non-Convention country must qualify as an orphan under U.S. immigration law and the adopting parent(s) generally must follow the orphan process. Are the children orphans? After this, granted he has become a permanent resident, he has to live with them in Ghana for two years and have custody over them (officially) for two years before any petition can be filed.

****Overseas Investigation

As part of the processing of your case, USCIS (or, in some cases, the Department of State) will conduct an investigation overseas to verify that the child is an orphan. The purpose of the investigation is to:

• Confirm that the child is an orphan as defined in the U.S. immigration law
  • Verify that you have obtained a valid adoption or grant of custody
  • The child does not have an illness or disability that is not described in the orphan petition
  • Determine whether the child has any special needs that were not fully addressed in your home study
  • Determine whether there are any facts showing that the child does not qualify for immigration as your adopted child

This doesn’t sound like “Just adopt and good to go” thing. Especially that he has giving the impression of getting them to come to USA by listing their names on the petitions, there is going to be an extremely crucial scrutiny.

you wrongly gave the impression that the children are your biological children, right now your best bet is to be honest and explain the situation or address the situation, the children are going to have to be taking of the application if that is even possible, mind you. let your wife/husband get in touch with Lizz cannon, she is a lawyer , explaining the complexity of the problem, free consultation, than take it from there. this not going to be an easy fixed. all the best to the family.

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You have to stop portraying adoption for immigration purposes as this easy. If anyone could adopt a relative and bring them to the US we would have all done that. First, a child adopted from a non-Convention country must qualify as an orphan under U.S. immigration law and the adopting parent(s) generally must follow the orphan process. Are the children orphans? After this, granted he has become a permanent resident, he has to live with them in Ghana for two years and have custody over them (officially) for two years before any petition can be filed.

What about if they are my biological children what can I say and do differently with reference they are making. Their birth age are 2012 and 2013 not 2014 as they said.

As part of the processing of your case, USCIS (or, in some cases, the Department of State) will conduct an investigation overseas to verify that the child is an orphan. The purpose of the investigation is to:

• The child does not have an illness or disability that is not described in the orphan petition
  • Determine whether the child has any special needs that were not fully addressed in your home study
  • Determine whether there are any facts showing that the child does not qualify for immigration as your adopted child

This doesnt sound like Just adopt and good to go thing. Especially that he has giving the impression of getting them to come to USA by listing their names on the petitions, there is going to be an extremely crucial scrutiny.

What about if they are my biological children what can I say and do differently with reference they are making. Their birth age are 2012 and 2013 not 2014 as they said.

This doesnt sound like Just adopt and good to go thing. Especially that he has giving the impression of getting them to come to USA by listing their names on the petitions, there is going to be an extremely crucial scrutiny.

Timeline

I'm sorry but I suspect the kids are yours and you had them with two different women close in time. Everyone is telling you the problems you will run into if you claim they are yours when they aren't yet you keep thinking otherwise. Be truthful in this journey because the embassy and USCIS see everything. They've been doing this job for decades. Your story doesn't add up to me(another Ghanaian). Good luck.[/

OK TH KIDS ARE MY OWN BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN BUT WAS GIVING NOT IN RELATIONSHIP...JUST A ONE NIGHT FUN AND THE WHOLE NIGHTMARE CAME...WHAT ARE MY CHANCES BUT THE DATE IS 12 AND 2913. THE 2014 STUFF IS AN OVERSIGHT AND WE CAN PROVE THAT QND WE CAN GO IN FOR A DNA..ITS OK WITH ME. ...WHAT ARE MY CHANCES IN THIS

Since the children are biologically yours then it paints the picture of you being a womanizer. Those letters from USCIS are officially worded but you have to read between the lines. They don't think the marriage is genuine and that you are a risk to the USC.

You will have to explain why you had two other women pregnant right before your wife.

But the most important question is does your wife know about these children? The biological version, not the "adoption" version?

If not, best to put the case on hold and have that talk.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

Since the children are biologically yours then it paints the picture of you being a womanizer. Those letters from USCIS are officially worded but you have to read between the lines. They don't think the marriage is genuine and that you are a risk to the USC.

You will have to explain why you had two other women pregnant right before your wife.

But the most important question is does your wife know about these children? The biological version, not the "adoption" version?

If not, best to put the case on hold and have that talk.

My Wife is aware of the kids and she filled for me and wrote their name on the forms as my biological children. She is 100 percent aware of the kids

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My Wife is aware of the kids and she filled for me and wrote their name on the forms as my biological children. She is 100 percent aware of the kids

I'm sorry but your case is full of lies. Do you think you're being fair to others who have genuine relationship and been truthful throughout The Who journey? People like you make it harder for people like me. You came up with an adoption lie and now you claim they're are yours. Do didn't have to lie. You have plenty chances to be truthful. I'm sorry I can't offer any advise. Good luck. Edited by Caykay1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Something sounds fishy here. I think you will have a very difficult time to get the Visa to come to the USA. So far, VJ respondents have found out from a few questions your lies. I am sure Embassy people know your culture better than we do...eg polygamy, stretching the truth to suit the occasion.

Good luck!!

Timeline

All this while I was here defending this BS...liar liar, pants on fire!!

" These children are my relatives kids I have adopted them not through any legal documentation or means and I told them their my own kids but we did not file for them only mentioned their names on the documents as my kids. and I have added my names to theirs."

So all of a sudden you slept with your "relative"?

did you tell the CO at the interview that those kids were yours? or your relatives kids but you have been caring for them?

That answer will determine whether you have a possible ban coming up.

See how a small VJers' grill caused your story to fall apart? I could imagine how quick a CO figured this out..smh.

It's time to get a lawyer, there's no quick fix. You've dug a hole..don't make it worse!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

You come here to seek advice with a deceitful post and think you will get an easy fix answer ?
I am appalled that you are trying to play VJ members as fools. Do you take me for a mumu ?
Your behavior is immature to just "have fun" with unprotected sex, you brought 2 kids into this world with 2 women, one

was not enough and call it a nightmare now ?

The CO will know you can't keep your pants zipped up and will continue

to go around making babies without any commitment to your current relationship.

You changed your user name from Kofi 1 from Ghana to Lord 1 from Nigeria.
You sound like a scammer and need to go. Ridiculous. Figure your own mess out.
I will report this thread and leave it up to the mods to deal with you.
Am done here.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

this thread is closed as those trying to help are being mislead throughout the thread
as the op consistently changes pertinent facts.
if the op chooses to try again with another thread, any changes to the story will

result in thread closure and sanctions against the op's account.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.