Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

To everyone still waiting, I just wanted to let you know that the wait will not be in vain. 

I received an RFE in June, that was due September 10th. I didn't hire a lawyer (couldn't afford one) I just took my time and sent evidence from the inception of my marriage. I responded by the 6th(like I said i took my time). :) 

After much heartache and stress on September 14th, my case was approved. 🎉 NEW CARD IN PRODUCTION notification was sent, and I can breathe a little now. 

So please stay calm and enjoy your life, your time will come. God bless...see you all in the Citizenship forum!!!!

On 9/15/2018 at 12:42 AM, NeyNey876 said:

To everyone still waiting, I just wanted to let you know that the wait will not be in vain. 

I received an RFE in June, that was due September 10th. I didn't hire a lawyer (couldn't afford one) I just took my time and sent evidence from the inception of my marriage. I responded by the 6th(like I said i took my time). :) 

After much heartache and stress on September 14th, my case was approved. 🎉 NEW CARD IN PRODUCTION notification was sent, and I can breathe a little now. 

So please stay calm and enjoy your life, your time will come. God bless...see you all in the Citizenship forum!!!!

Congrats!!!

On 9/14/2018 at 2:53 PM, CAdreamin said:

YAY!!

Great news. it has been nerve wrecking for the past (almost) 2 years. but I got an email today confirming I've been approved and a new card will be mailed to me soon.

After such a long wait, here I am. no interviews, but a RFE instead.
Hope everyone else gets their good news as well.

I got a few messages in my inbox, so i decided to give a summary of my case here so people in the future can see this update and have an idea of a Divorce Waiver process (my way of giving back after coming here to check and learn so many times).

Relationship: 

- Total of 3 years prior to K1 application

- Married for 1,5 years (separation happened around 1 year)

Documentation - I sent among the basic/mandatory package (pics, affidavit from friends, joint bank accounts and Joint tax returns):

- Life insurance as beneficiary a year before the marriage

- Benefits as dependent, M,D,V

- 401k as beneficiary (both parts in each other's)

- utility bills in just one name (phone on his, TV on my name) with same address

- NO copy of lease, car insurance, nor mortgage (we did not have that and landlord refused to add me on lease at the time)

RFE:

- Not enough proof of shared residency

- Not enough proof of financial commingle  

Response:

I had sent everything I had, so I decided to hire an attorney even though I could not afford one (got a loan). It was worth it because I would not have thought of certain docs (see below).

- Affidavit from neighbors attesting I lived in the apartment

- A copy of the lease without my name and an email from the time asking to add my name

- Credit card bills from before I had a SSN, which statements do not include my name but the card had my name with same number

- A letter from the attorney using legal terms to argue on the previously documentation being enough to prove their ask

- Reference to the bank statements showing salary's direct deposit, utility bills, and other shared financial responsibilities paid from the account

A week later after their acknowledgement of receiving my package, a confirmation  of Card sent for production.

If you are there desperate with a complicated situation, be patient, think smart, think more again, and be confident your bona fide marriage will be reflected on your approval.

PS: I had a supportive ex-spouse providing me some of the docs. He was not super helpful but we have to deal with our own pride and focus on the bigger goal. Our divorce was very complicated but again, we take it quietly to avoid further issues. It was worth it to be patient and at the end, I feel like I've grown a lot from this experience.

Good luck y'all.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, OhWait said:

Anyone still waiting here?

Yes I am. 21-Dec-2016 filer. Just contacted USCIS for out of processing time. They acknowledged it is out of processing time but they do not know when they will be adjudicating my application. It is same generic answer that they are giving to 60% out of processing time applicants.

On 9/14/2018 at 5:53 PM, CAdreamin said:

YAY!!

Great news. it has been nerve wrecking for the past (almost) 2 years. but I got an email today confirming I've been approved and a new card will be mailed to me soon.

After such a long wait, here I am. no interviews, but a RFE instead.
Hope everyone else gets their good news as well.

That is great news!!

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

On 9/15/2018 at 3:42 AM, NeyNey876 said:

Congrats on your GC approval! 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

20 minutes ago, Montu.developer said:

Yes I am. 21-Dec-2016 filer. Just contacted USCIS for out of processing time. They acknowledged it is out of processing time but they do not know when they will be adjudicating my application. It is same generic answer that they are giving to 60% out of processing time applicants.

Have you asked to speak to a Tier II officer who may be able to give you further details regarding your case?

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Amadia said:

Have you asked to speak to a Tier II officer who may be able to give you further details regarding your case?

Yes I spoke to tier 2 person. He created a case for me and that is where I get a response from Uscis in mail that they are aware about delay and can't give any timeline for adjudication. 

20 hours ago, Montu.developer said:

Yes I spoke to tier 2 person. He created a case for me and that is where I get a response from Uscis in mail that they are aware about delay and can't give any timeline for adjudication. 

Same here Montu. I called, spoke to Tier 2, they said same thing, case is pending security checks. Just sent an online case is out of processing, see what they say. 

Guess we keep on waiting and get more stamps. 😲

Timeline
2 hours ago, OhWait said:

Same here Montu. I called, spoke to Tier 2, they said same thing, case is pending security checks. Just sent an online case is out of processing, see what they say. 

Guess we keep on waiting and get more stamps. 😲

Earlier hey told me the same about security check is pending. But last time they did not say anything. I still need to confirm with them if security check is completed or not.

Hi Everyone,

I haven't seen any updated charts of our Dec.2016 filers for a while, but I think I should report here for my case status.

After 21 month waiting of I 751 ,at the end of Aug. I revived N 400 interview notice. I assume it's a combo interview. So I brought my husband with me to the interview on Oct. 3.

Thanks be to God, we had a nice officer, a young Caucasian guy. He went through I 751 with us first, after that I passed the civic test. The whole interview last about less than 40 mins. Then he printed a form says" Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval." He told us there will be no new green card to produce. I'll just have to turn in my 2 year green card at the Oath ceremony.

It's a long and exhausted waiting for almost 2 years, seemingly endless, Thank you all of YOU here on the VJ for sharing experiences, providing support. The support is imperative for me to come to the victory.

Best wish to everyone still waiting in our thread. 

• 3 weeks later...

After contacting my senator and congressman, one of them reached out to USCIS only to get this generic answer: 

“Good afternoon,

Thank you for sending our office your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, Silviu Daniel Fugaciu, in regards to his Form I-751, receipt EAC********. 

Thank you for submitting a copy of your constituent's signed Privacy Act release with your inquiry.

Your constituents form I-751 is pending background checks.  USCIS requires extensive background checks for every application or petition.  While background checks for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved background check issues that result in adjudication delays. 

We have checked into your constituent's case and have been assured that USCIS is aware of your inquiry, and is monitoring progress related to it.  Unfortunately, we cannot speculate as to when this review process will be completed.

We realize that your constituent may feel frustrated by delays related to his or her case.  USCIS must weigh individual inconvenience against the broader concerns of public safety and national security. 

We hope this information is helpful. 

Thank you,

Vermont Service Center

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services”

I guess it's back waiting. 😣

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello guys!! 

Havent come by in a few months. So....Heres the update

I had previously filed my N400 in December of 2017 and my I-751 was still pending. I received notification at the end of October that I had been scheduled for my Interview and a letter had been mailed out. November 3rd I received my notice in the mail that my interview was set for Nov 29th and it was my N400 Interview. 

Went in yesterday to interview was informed that my cases had been combined. Officer initially verified my I-751 info and approved it then moved on to the N400. We went over the application, took a photo and confirmed finger prints. My husband accompanied me and we had to provide his passport, my passport Green Card and Drivers License.

Asked if we had any additional proof, provided photos of our silly life. Had a pleasant conversation with the officer. Then she asked for my husband to wait in the lobby and proceeded with the civics test. Then the english portion upon completion she informed me I had passed and we went over the questionare of N400. At the end of the interview she informed me she would be recommending me for approval and that if she could get it approved today that my Oath Ceremony would be Dec 11th.  Congratulated me and we left.

While I was getting in my car I received notification of a change in my case status. I checked online and my status now states "Oath Ceremony Scheduled" a letter has been sent with the date time and location to my address.

It took less than 12 months from N400 application, I was a little scared to have it combined but now I am glad I did.

ROC Journey:
Package Sent:           November 26,2016

Received:              December 13, 2016
NOA1:                   December 21,2016
Biometrics Appointment: January 23,2017

ROC Approved: Combined with N400 as of March 2018

US Citizenship Journey:
Filed :           November 23, 2017
NOA1:           December 2017        
Biometrics Appointment: January 2018

Interview Letter: November 3, 2018

Interview: November 29,2018

Decision: Approved

Oath Ceremony Letter: November 29,2018 (mailed)

Oath Ceremony: December 11, 2018

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 6:18 AM, MRS.Davidson1219 said:

Hello guys!! 

Havent come by in a few months. So....Heres the update

I had previously filed my N400 in December of 2017 and my I-751 was still pending. I received notification at the end of October that I had been scheduled for my Interview and a letter had been mailed out. November 3rd I received my notice in the mail that my interview was set for Nov 29th and it was my N400 Interview. 

Went in yesterday to interview was informed that my cases had been combined. Officer initially verified my I-751 info and approved it then moved on to the N400. We went over the application, took a photo and confirmed finger prints. My husband accompanied me and we had to provide his passport, my passport Green Card and Drivers License.

Asked if we had any additional proof, provided photos of our silly life. Had a pleasant conversation with the officer. Then she asked for my husband to wait in the lobby and proceeded with the civics test. Then the english portion upon completion she informed me I had passed and we went over the questionare of N400. At the end of the interview she informed me she would be recommending me for approval and that if she could get it approved today that my Oath Ceremony would be Dec 11th.  Congratulated me and we left.

While I was getting in my car I received notification of a change in my case status. I checked online and my status now states "Oath Ceremony Scheduled" a letter has been sent with the date time and location to my address.

It took less than 12 months from N400 application, I was a little scared to have it combined but now I am glad I did.

Congrats!!!!!!!  That is amazing!!!  

Can I ask two questions?  What do you mean 'the questionnaire of the N400'?  What is that?  And what was the English test like?  Written?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.