1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

F2A moved from 15. April to 8. March. This means, 3 weeks as predicted. He said this will be like that for a couple of months. So I assume we will see in the next 3-5 months always the predicted 3 weeks movement before it slows down again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
Just now, Michael2017 said:

F2A moved from 15. April to 8. March. This means, 3 weeks as predicted. He said this will be like that for a couple of months. So I assume we will see in the next 3-5 months always the predicted 3 weeks movement before it slows down again.

Wow, so you think it will slow down even further after those 3-5 months?I'm praying that the next fiscal year (starting October 2017) the visa demand will be lower so we can make up for the loss in time. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, Oppenheimer said that it will slow even further in the second part of the fiscal year. I have made my projections so far, and I come up with 2 years and 3 months wait with PD October 2016.

Others had just 12 months in 2013 when the category was current, and recently it was rather 1.5 years. It is moving to 2.5 years wait currently. Historically this is still low. It used to be 3 years and more in this category... 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

D. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (potential monthly movement)

Worldwide dates:
   F1:  Up to several months
   F2A: Up to one month
   F2B: Up to five weeks
   F3:  Three or four weeks
   F4:  Two or three weeks

Daughter: PD: 08/16/2016 NOA1: 08/29/2016 NOA2: 02/11/2016 PHILIPPINES

Husband: PD : 08/16/2016 NOA1: 08/29/2016 NOA2: 12/10/2016 PHILIPPINES

My husband already received his case number but it doesnt have invoice id, should we call or wait?

hope column b move by the next visa update. waiting game is the hardest. B-)

Timeline
9 hours ago, Cj4vc said:

Daughter: PD: 08/16/2016 NOA1: 08/29/2016 NOA2: 02/11/2016 PHILIPPINES

Husband: PD : 08/16/2016 NOA1: 08/29/2016 NOA2: 12/10/2016 PHILIPPINES

My husband already received his case number but it doesnt have invoice id, should we call or wait?

hope column b move by the next visa update. waiting game is the hardest. B-)

There is no reason contacting NVC, you have to wait for "Dates For Filing (DFF)" to become "Current, and shortly before, NVC will send you a Welcome Letter with all the information you need to start visa processing. My PD is 4 months before yours (April 2016) and I did not get that Welcome Letter yet. Current DFF is November 2015 and all of us are waiting for the forward movement, as it has been stuck there for about 7 months. For more info go to:

On 1/11/2017 at 2:29 PM, Milly1980 said:

yes I am a LPR

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-february-2017.html

You are looking at "F2A" category and you are interested in 2 columns:

1/  A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED
     PREFERENCE CASES: March 2017

Family-
Sponsored 
All Chargeability 
Areas Except
Those Listed
CHINA-mainland 
born
INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES 
F2A 15APR15 15APR15 15APR15 01APR15 15APR15

2/  B.  DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED
     VISA APPLICATIONS: March 2017

Family-
Sponsored 
All Chargeability 
Areas Except
Those Listed
CHINA-
mainland 
born
INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES 
F2A 22NOV15 22NOV15 22NOV15  22NOV15  22NOV15

On 1/11/2017 at 2:29 PM, Milly1980 said:

My son is out of US in our home country,

Edited by AnnaMBoros

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/15/2017 at 6:57 PM, piff said:

Did anyone have a F2A AOS interview? 

Hi, I think most of the people in this forum are going through consular processing abroad and not adjustment of status. I might be wrong but that is my experience so far.

Timeline
5 hours ago, farialupin said:

my husband's PD is 5 April 2016....and received his case number too...should i contact NVC

After NVC receives your file, you should get a 1st letter with Case Number immediately. This is the format of a case number: BDP2013000666 (just an example).

My PD is April 4th and I did receive my 1st Case Number letter about 2 weeks after the file was received by NVC (I think August last year) so I would advise you to contact NVC and inquire.

However, the most important 2nd letter - the NVC Welcome Letter - is yet to be mailed to you. I'm waiting on mine also. That one will contain information necessary to start the NVC processing. 

Edited by AnnaMBoros

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
9 hours ago, AnnaMBoros said:

After NVC receives your file, you should get a 1st letter with Case Number immediately. This is the format of a case number: BDP2013000666 (just an example).

My PD is April 4th and I did receive my 1st Case Number letter about 2 weeks after the file was received by NVC (I think August last year) so I would advise you to contact NVC and inquire.

However, the most important 2nd letter - the NVC Welcome Letter - is yet to be mailed to you. I'm waiting on mine also. That one will contain information necessary to start the NVC processing. 

yes i got my case number and in visa bulletin it showed 22 november 2015... current month 

Timeline
Just now, farialupin said:

yes i got my case number and in visa bulletin it showed 22 november 2015... current month 

Good. Now you have to wait for NVC Welcome Letter so you can start start NVC filing process. So we have to wait for "column B" to move pass April 5th.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

MY P.D IS 4 MAY 2016 received invoice no and case no..but didn't receive welcome letter from NVC yet...I hope everything will be Ok In Shaa Allah..?

Timeline
Just now, Hassan Jadoon said:

MY P.D IS 4 MAY 2016 received invoice no and case no..but didn't receive welcome letter from NVC yet...I hope everything will be Ok In Shaa Allah..?

Good. Now you have to wait for NVC Welcome Letter so you can start start NVC filing process. So you have to wait for "column B" to move pass May 4th. And yes, everything will work out, its just life is giving all of us a great lesson in patience:) Praise the Lord Jesus!

Edited by AnnaMBoros

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, AnnaMBoros said:

Good. Now you have to wait for NVC Welcome Letter so you can start start NVC filing process. So you have to wait for "column B" to move pass May 4th. And yes, everything will work out, its just life is giving all of us a great lesson in patience:) Praise the Lord Jesus!

Thanku ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.