1,910 posts in this topic

[quote name=bittersweetmk" post="8423484"

Did you call your case number or did they send you an email? I really hope it will move in the coming months.

timestamp="1482899836]

First i called nvc, after a couple of weeks i received a letter with my case number and notifying that there's no visa available.

Edited by lapropia02

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/1/2016 at 6:44 AM, bittersweetmk said:

Hi everyone! I'm a 2016 filer for my spouse. I started this thread because I wanted to interact with my fellow 2016 filers (as well as others) who are also going through the petition process. This would be a great opportunity to share our insights, knowledge, and experiences. Honestly though, the waiting game is really hard. Maybe if we support each other, it would help ease it even a little. :)

So to start off:

PD: 7/20/2016

NOA1: 7/26/2016

NOA2: 11/29/2016

PD : MAY 9, 2016

NOA1: MAY 11, 2016

NOA2: September 12, 2016

F2A Philippines ?

Hi, I Have a pending F2A (Spouse) case at NVC and my Priority Date is (04 JAN 2016). on June,14,2016 NVC sent me an email saying (Currently, a visa number is unavailable and this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time). Its been a year but i did not get any mail for starting my process with NVC. Then I chacked CEAC with my case number and it says  Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete.

But I did not received any mail about that. I called NVC and thay said when my PD become current then I can start the processing. Can anyone tell me how long I have to wait for to submit my supporting document to NVC? Thank you

3 hours ago, masum said:

Hi, I Have a pending F2A (Spouse) case at NVC and my Priority Date is (04 JAN 2016). on June,14,2016 NVC sent me an email saying (Currently, a visa number is unavailable and this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time). Its been a year but i did not get any mail for starting my process with NVC. Then I chacked CEAC with my case number and it says  Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete.

But I did not received any mail about that. I called NVC and thay said when my PD become current then I can start the processing. Can anyone tell me how long I have to wait for to submit my supporting document to NVC? Thank you

Nvc is working on PD november 15 (second table),  so I think your pd is not current yet. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Hi, my name is Anna (PR) and I'm filing for my husband that is currently in Hungary. His PD is April 4th 2016. I'm anxiously checking the Visa Bulletin on a monthly basis to see, whether the "Dates For Filing (DFF)" has moved. I know that the most important movement is "Final Action Date (FAD)", but being able to move forward in the filing process after DFF is "current" means a lot mentally in this difficult waiting process. New Visa Bulletin for Feb should come in today, so let's see the movement.

Timeline

You have to check "Dates For Filing "in Visa Bulletin. Currently they are on November 22nd 2015 and they have been there for about 6 months. I'm expecting a forward movement soon. Check VB today (each 10th or so of each month) for a February updates.

Timeline
On 1/7/2017 at 6:20 AM, masum said:

You have to check "Dates For Filing" column in a monthly Visa Bulletin. Currently, the date is set for November 22nd 2015, however, it has been "sitting" there for about 6 months, so movement is expected soon. Check the VB on a  monthly basis, each 10th of the month or so. You will be able to file next time DFF moves, and as I mentioned, it should be this or next month.

Edited by AnnaMBoros

Timeline
11 minutes ago, lapropia02 said:

Visa bulletin is out.  No change for second table yet. ?

Yes, disappointing, but next time it moves I'm sure you will be ok to start the filing process. I just wanted you to know that there are 2 different dates you have to look at in Visa Bulletin: "Final Action Date "(FAD) and "Dates For Filing". This is a new system that started like 2 years ago or so. Before there was just FAD. So it works in favor for us petitioners, as it saves us cca 3 months of waiting.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Milly1980 said:

Hi Dear 2016 Filers,

I applied for my 16 y. o son

PD-April 4,2016

USCIS approved - August 11,2016

NVC Case number received - October 12, 2016

How do I know that the case become current?

CEAC system doent let me sign in to complete DS-260 and pay the IV fees

Hi Milli;

Is your son here in the US (you will be doing adjustment of status) or he is abroad (consular processing). Also, just to make sure - are you a  permanent resident or a US citizen?

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, AnnaMBoros said:

Hi Milli;

Is your son here in the US (you will be doing adjustment of status) or he is abroad (consular processing). Also, just to make sure - are you a  permanent resident or a US citizen?

My son is out of US in our home country,

yes I am a LPR

Filed: Timeline
On 12/28/2016 at 6:20 AM, lapropia02 said:

[quote name=bittersweetmk" post="8423484"

Did you call your case number or did they send you an email? I really hope it will move in the coming months.

timestamp="1482899836]

First i called nvc, after a couple of weeks i received a letter with my case number and notifying that there's no visa available.

I called to NVC then they send me an email with case number and IID

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.