1,501 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, metehiki said:

Hello everyone!

Can getting married within and file I-130 within 90 days after entering US cause a problem if we file I-485 and have a visa interview in America?
I am a GREEN CARD HOLDER, my wife is on F1 STUDENT VISA and we got married before 90 days after her entry. We did not file I-485 for AOS, but I-130 to start the process. We are still not sure to file I-485 here in US or in our home country. 

Your opinions, thoughts and comments would be so much appreciated!

Thanks,

H

Hello there,

Marriage within 90 days after your wife entrance isn’t  gonna cause you problems by itself , but be ready to answer questions when having interview - they’ll ask why not your home country where you could invite friends and relatives . What can cause issues Is filling AOS right away after entrance , since F1 visa supposed to be not having immigration intends. 

As of filling I-485 : it can only be done in the US , since the process called adjustment of status , she will be adjusting her status from student one to Permanent resident . Note , that as wife of green card holder she can’t do that right away , need to wait until her priority date (of I-130) becomes current , regardless if I-130 was approved or not (second chart of visa bulletin, F2A category , as of now it’s 01DEC17) . If it’s current for you now, you can apply for AOS , don’t let her  leave the country without advance parole (It takes about 3-4 month to receive after you apply . Also, in order to use AOS process for spouse of GC holder, your wife must be always maintaining legal status at least until she files I-485.

If she is not , then she will have to go through consular proceedings abroad in US consulate , and will be applying for immigration visa from there . In order to do so, I-130 must be approved and visa number is available ( first chart of visa bulletin for F2A). 

Hope all that make sense to you .

good luck

Edited by KatenkaMishka

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, khalid bahadri19 said:

All May 2017 PD! Did anybody receive approval. My PD is May 10 2017 for 130 F2A at CSC

Not yet 

mine is May 16 2017.

9 hours ago, Nena14 said:

I believe this month they are working still on april :( , my pd is april 25,2017 and have not received an haven't heard from CSC.

Yours will be soon because i saw people received it with PD April 20 a few days ago. Mine is PD may 10 2017. Please share with us once you get it. good luck 

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

My i130 PD is 10th April, 2017. I still haven't heard anything, while looks like people with PD later than mine have already heard back. Does anyone one know what might the reason be? I have not filed my AOS yet. I am on f1 opt visa. Any suggestions on what my next step should be?

Any help is highly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Edited by mk17

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Harjot said:

Can anyone guide 

how long is process until I recieve Interview Letter

PD - 11 april,2017

So you're F2A? In that case you have to go through NVC stage and then wait for your PD to be current before you'll get a letter. Mine is February and I'm hoping for an interview in May. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

I130- approved, F2A Permanent resident filing for my spouse 

Center : California Service Center

Received Approval Notice via Mail, No communication via email, status on web is also not updated yet.

Priority Date : May 16th 2017

Approval Notice Date : February 6th 2019

Allhumdulillah 
Best of luck to everyone, i wish everyone quick approvals

1 hour ago, WarisShahid said:

Hello Everyone, 

I130- approved, F2A Permanent resident filing for my spouse 

Center : California Service Center

Received Approval Notice via Mail, No communication via email, status on web is also not updated yet.

Priority Date : May 16th 2017

Approval Notice Date : February 6th 2019

Allhumdulillah 
Best of luck to everyone, i wish everyone quick approvals

Hey Waris,

Mine is F2A with PD May 10 2017 and still don't get an update. So we should really look for Mail now instead of online status or email. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.