AQUAENERO

K1 - Married less then a week abandoned marriage

54 posts in this topic

~~ POSTING FOR A FRIEND ~~

I have a friend who does not read or write English.

Her story is the following...

She came to Texas on 10/3/2016 she married her Fiancee on 10/8/2016 and she left for NYC on 10/11/2016

She states while in DR he always verbally abuse her but never hit her. He supported her and he paid all the fees for the k1.

She said the week she was with him he wouldn't let her sleep from all the adult time. And that he made her eat American food.

He threw her out on the street and she's with her cousin who bought her a plane ticket to NYC.

She hired a lawyer who Télls her she can adjust. I told her I can't see it happening especially since she didn't even call the police ever.

Does she have a chance....I would like to show her other opinions. I told her to return and try and work it out.

There's a 20 yr age difference as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits. from K1 P&P updates. - As similar topics are discussed here.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I told her :wow: but someone told her she's ok and she left. The husband supposly contact ICE he said and he hasn't bothered calling her just sent her a text ICE will find you soon as your visa expires.

She interviewed 9/28/16 I belive her visa expiered in February 2017.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I told her :wow: but someone told her she's ok and she left. The husband supposly contact ICE he said and he hasn't bothered calling her just sent her a text ICE will find you soon as your visa expires.

She interviewed 9/28/16 I belive her visa expiered in February 2017.

ICE is not going to come after her. But she really has no way of staying legally in the Country after her 90 days are up.

She just said she can file abuse since he had dui and they were waived for him to bring her???

Not sure what this means. He got RFE to waive them ??

Timeline

She just said she can file abuse since he had dui and they were waived for him to bring her???

Not sure what this means. He got RFE to waive them ??

What?? She can't do that she has really no clue what she is doing!

Honestly she's a friend but I laughed at the he made me eat American food....I didn't realize that was abuse.

She's not listening to anyone but this lawyer who's gonna help her I told her....

And her cousin

Timeline

Honestly she's a friend but I laughed at the he made me eat American food....I didn't realize that was abuse.

She's not listening to anyone but this lawyer who's gonna help her I told her....

And her cousin

How is she paying this lawyer (who by the way just is taking the money!!)

Well nothing you can do.

Guess she will learn it the hard way!

She took money when she left his house.

She says he had given her money to buy clothes and she also says her cousin lent her some.

I just want to know besides AOS there's no pardon for her right?

Timeline

She took money when she left his house.

She says he had given her money to buy clothes and she also says her cousin lent her some.

I just want to know besides AOS there's no pardon for her right?

A pardon for what? ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.