nawal321

Please advise furom seniors

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Many of you aware my case that my husband did the interview last year Nov 15. After a year of AP ceac went refused. Involved my congressman to find us what's going on since they didn't tell us anything. Just this week embassy called my husband asked him to bring Exit/entrance to USA documents with his passport. And to proof whether he asked asylum or not while he stayed USA which he never did . We are not sure what to do and how to find exit/entrance documents? coz they don't stamp his passport entries from the border, they just scan it. He visited us several times. Please advise us. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Is it possible to get his I-94?

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Timeline

If USCIS insisted he applied for Asylum &

you have no proof otherwise then speak

to an atty...is he Canadian? Not many

Canadians would be asking for asylum,

the entries you recover please disclose

also , they will ask for things they already

have

Waiting that long prove there is a prob, find an atty

Timeline

Jawaree,

When I looked at DHS i-94 wepsite and put his passport number, there are missing and incorrect entries/exits which weird. They called him for an interview with passport and exi/entries. But he never overstayed usa.

Jawaree,

When I looked at DHS i-94 wepsite and put his passport number, there are missing and incorrect entries/exits which weird. They called him for an interview with passport and exi/entries. But he never overstayed usa.

I've had the same problem with a missing departure on my I-94 from several years ago. I had a lot of trouble trying to find something that proved that I had returned to my home country because I didn't keep the boarding pass from 4 years ago. I submitted my bank account statements that showed that I got cash from my local bank in my home country and that I paid at a local gas station. That kind of stuff. I submitted all these documents to a certain address so they would fix my I-94. At the same time I was waiting for a reply from CBP regarding this issue and after a month they answered me saying that they have other sources that they can tell that I left and not to worry about it. My I-94 never got fixed until this day although I submitted documents and asked them to correct it. No one ever cared.

my thoughts for you. Try to prove when he left and when he was in the States using bank statements or similar that show where he was withdrawing or using money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Is he by chance Somali? Has he ever traveled on the passport of another country that he did not provide?

Just pulling at straws here.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Nola

He Ethiopian by ethnicity he is somali. He traveled to africa but provided the passport before and he had to request it back from the embassy. Can you share with us your experience and suggestions. Thanks

Timeline

I've had the same problem with a missing departure on my I-94 from several years ago. I had a lot of trouble trying to find something that proved that I had returned to my home country because I didn't keep the boarding pass from 4 years ago. I submitted my bank account statements that showed that I got cash from my local bank in my home country and that I paid at a local gas station. That kind of stuff. I submitted all these documents to a certain address so they would fix my I-94. At the same time I was waiting for a reply from CBP regarding this issue and after a month they answered me saying that they have other sources that they can tell that I left and not to worry about it. My I-94 never got fixed until this day although I submitted documents and asked them to correct it. No one ever cared.

my thoughts for you. Try to prove when he left and when he was in the States using bank statements or similar that show where he was withdrawing or using money.

thanks Californiasunset. He can provide his bank statements from both countries but what the embassy is official exit/entries to and from usa. Thanks again

Timeline

Is he by chance Somali? Has he ever traveled on the passport of another country that he did not provide?

Nola he never used other passport than his Canadian passport. Thanks

thanks Californiasunset. He can provide his bank statements from both countries but what the embassy is official exit/entries to and from usa. Thanks again

So I guess he walked through the border and didn't come by plane?!

I'm afraid bank statements will be the most official document he will be able to provide if there is no I-94 or stamps for his entries and departures. I'm sure they are familiar with cases like yours though. It is knows that when crossing the border to Mexico or Canada you often don't get stamps or I-94 entries. I travelled from San Diego to Mexico this year in a car and didn't get an I-94 departure because of that, just a new arrival when I came back to the U.S. They are familiar with that.

Edited by Californiansunset

Timeline

So I guess he walked through the border and didn't come by plane?!

I'm afraid bank statements will be the most official document he will be able to provide if there is no I-94 or stamps for his entries and departures. I'm sure they are familiar with cases like yours though. It is knows that when crossing the border to Mexico or Canada you often don't get stamps or I-94 entries. I travelled from San Diego to Mexico this year in a car and didn't get an I-94 departure because of that, just a new arrival when I came back to the U.S. They are familiar with that.

yes he have been coming and going through US/Canada border by car and most of his I-94 exit/entries online are incorrect dates. I think the only option we have is to provide his bank statements from both countries. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.