MelinaMurren

Denied for not submitting a passport style photo even though we did

58 posts in this topic

All the same issues, yellow background, not 2x2.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Still too much whitespace The photo needs to be 2 inches square but the face from chin to top of head must take up more of the photo ( 1 to 1 3/8 inches ) your head isn't even half the photo size . Forget the background

Requirements for a Good Passport Photo
  • Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
  • Size of photo
    • 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
    • Size of head must be between 1 -1 3/8 inches (25 - 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
    • View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
  • Recent, taken in the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
  • Eye glasses may be worn, but there must not be any glare.
  • Background must be plain white or off-white
  • Head must be directly facing the camera with your full face in view
  • Taken with a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open
  • In color
  • Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
  • No hats or head coverings, unless you wear it daily for religious purposes. Your full face must be visible and your head covering cannot cast shadows on your face.
  • No headphones or wireless hands-free devices.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

There shouldn't be a shadow behind ya'll right? Were the pictures not taken with a flash or a direct light source?

His photo is 2.4 x 3.2 inches (width X length) and also has some tinting.

Where were these done at by any chance? I don't think I've seen passport photos that have that much shadowing on one side of the face.

This was the passport style photo my husband (then fiance) used for his I-129F. I took a picture of the picture, even with that, you can see no tinting or shadows and it's 2x2.

oXeCVrJ.jpg

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

The Us gov provides plenty of examples of suitable photos. https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photo-examples.html

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

It seems that petitions are being approved faster now, an appeal is over $600 and will take more time. Sorry that happened to you. On a side note with all the ear talk. I guess my ears are too small and flat to my face, they seem to also disappear in photos, I would never get it right if they were looking for ears. ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Why can't you just visit a Walgreens or Walmart and have them take your picture in 2x2 and white background? You have lost the fees you paid for the petition just to save $30.

Filed: Timeline

Why can't you just visit a Walgreens or Walmart and have them take your picture in 2x2 and white background? You have lost the fees you paid for the petition just to save $30.

+1

Just go to Walgreens and get proper pictures once and for all. All this debate about whether you submitted a proper photo or not is getting you nowhere. As far as refiling, I don't know if a waiver is required or not for refiling a K-1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I got the same situation as you but I got rejected because they said they do not have my Singapore's police record. What happened was during the interview, they said they have everything except the CT police record and I should be good to go. But after which, they claim to not have my Singapore's police record and rejected my application. What we did was to hire a lawyer and he went to this InfoPass - USCIS and made an appointment. There, he checked my physical documents and my record wasnt there. (it must have got lost). There wasn't enough evidence for an appeal. So we reapply instead. According to the lawyer, it was the fastest way to get the green card application going again. Then 3 months after the fingerprinting interview, I got the green card in the mail. Weird i know. But i suggest a lawyer at this state when your green card get rejected. Hope this helps

It's interesting because my fiance's picture wasn't 2x2 (it was the UK passport photo size, whatever that is) and we were approved without an RFE.

His was professionally done though, so for you it could just be a combination of the color/shadows/etc and the size.

Not sure why you wouldn't go get it done by a pro (Walgreens, Costco, etc) after the first RFE..

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.