DanaLuna158

Does the ring matter

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

One last question,if we can only start the application next year. Could we start while I'm in the Netherlands and then just have the interview in South Africa and complete everything from there or will we have to wait with everything until I'm back in South Africa?

Edited by DanaLuna158

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

One last question,if we can only start the application next year. Could we start while I'm in the Netherlands and then just have the interview in South Africa and complete everything from there or will we have to wait with everything until I'm back in South Africa?

That is possible. If you choose to do so, make sure you indicate on your I129F that you will interview in South Africa.

But, why wait? As long as you have met in person, there is no reason to delay the application.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

He is busy transitioning between jobs at the moment and not sure how long it will take for him to adjust, also unsure of what the financial requirements from his side will be so he just wants to make sure he is secure financially before we start

Timeline

He is busy transitioning between jobs at the moment and not sure how long it will take for him to adjust, also unsure of what the financial requirements from his side will be so he just wants to make sure he is secure financially before we start

You do not need to supply any financial documents until the interview though. If he still can't make the requirements, you could get a co-sponsor.

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Please read http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

:guides:

The forms and information you require is linked in those files or through a quick search of the forums.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Who would be able to apply as a co-sponsor and where can I find out what the financially requirements are?

All this information is so easily available on this site. Set aside some hours to read through the guides and everyone's experiences. There's also a search function that works well. Most if your questions have been answered numerous times before.

Anyone who is a USC or LPR residing in the US could theoretically be a co-sponsor. Often, it's a family member or close friend of the petitioner. They should make at least 100℅ of their states poverty level for their household size + you (you xN easily Google what that amount is). It's recommended that they make 125%, because that will be the requirement once you apply to adjust your status in the US. If thry do not have that amount in salary, savings and liquid assets could be used, but the amount is 3x higher.

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

When I was entering the embassy for interview the security guys asked me to take off all metal thing on me cell phones and bla bla I also took off my ring...but the security guy put the ring in my bag and returned my bag back...as interview started the CO asked me why I dont wear ring and I said I do but its in my bag and explain why i took it off...then I showed my ring and put it on my finger...I never thought that I was gonna be asked for that but in my case I was...its maybe up from case to case...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.