AfiaOpoku25

affidiavite of support docements

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Click Forms Download

You have all the forms there.. you can similarly go to USCIS search Forms and look for the I-864 or whichever one that applies to your case.

Double check the expiration date at the top right corner of the pages to make sure they are current.

NVC needs a photocopy of the Police Certificate for your IV package.

So get your mother to apply for one ASAP. it takes about 1 to 2 weeks to get it.

Use the Guides tab to help you understand the process and to see what you need to do at each step.

Good luck to you!

Thank you soo much for you reply dear... can i send the AOS package and the send the iv packet (birth cert,photocopy of passport and police report) later or it all has to be sent together?

Timeline

Not true.. She needs the police certificate for NVC. She needs to send a photocopy of the police clearance or certificate. And submit the original at the interview.

So from my understanding, the police report needs to be included in the iv packet?

Timeline

IcezMan_Icezlady I am trying to help her not to waste money and time. NVC will ask for the police certificate but you can wait till the interview day to present it. If she send the police certificate now it will be expired by the time of the interview. I have gone through this process with my Mom so I know what I am talking about.

Akua38 thanks for all the effort.. so will i need the police cert for the iv package here or it will be needed only in ghana?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Akua and iceman

i want to make sure when the police certificate is needed because the police certificate of the country where my beneficiary comes from have only a life of 3 mos. and between the time of getting it.. submitting to NVC and the interview, will surely have it expired by then. so how can i fulfill the nvc need for the police certificate and then have it still in effect at interview time, as statistics shows a time frame of 3 mos from nvc to inteview?

pls advice and thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Akua38 thanks for all the effort.. so will i need the police cert for the iv package here or it will be needed only in ghana?

The police certificate will be needed in Ghana on the day of the interview. Like I said earlier if you send it to NVC it will be expired by the time of the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You can send the AOS and IV together but make sure you arrange them in order and you can separate them with a label or paper clip.

With regards to the police certificate, as ffar as I am concerned.

NVC needs a photocopy. Sometimes it expires before the interview but people usually do another one.

Now, I don't know if NVC will be OK with you not sending it at all.

Instead of RFE, sometimes people get a checklist to provide missing documents.

Now, whether failure to send photocopy of police certificate to NVC will result in delay and checklist, I don't know.

Call NVC to confirm if you can skip sending the police certificate to them.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Finally got hold of someone at nvc :dancing: ...

Apparently, I will have to send the police report with my other documents to NVC before my case will be reviewed if not I will get a checklist which i don't want to lol.. anyways . will keep you guys updated...

She will also need it the original copy for her interview.

Thank You All.

You can send the AOS and IV together but make sure you arrange them in order and you can separate them with a label or paper clip.

With regards to the police certificate, as ffar as I am concerned.
NVC needs a photocopy. Sometimes it expires before the interview but people usually do another one.
Now, I don't know if NVC will be OK with you not sending it at all.
Instead of RFE, sometimes people get a checklist to provide missing documents.
Now, whether failure to send photocopy of police certificate to NVC will result in delay and checklist, I don't know.
Call NVC to confirm if you can skip sending the police certificate to them.

Apparently, I will have to send the police report with my other documents to NVC before my case will be reviewed if not I will get a checklist which i don't want to lol.. anyways . will keep you guys updated...

Thank You All.

Timeline

Thank You All.

Thank You All.

That's exactly my thought.

You can't get past NVC without police certificate.. Police Certificate is valid for 1 year according to state department website.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

So if it expires before the interview date, apply for a new for the interview.

I believe, the embassy will accept ones that are valid for 6 months. meaning, you will have to get another one if it is older than 6 months but NVC will take one that is less than 1 year old.

Don't submit original to NVC, just photocopies of everything requested.

Good luck!

The police certificate will be needed in Ghana on the day of the interview. Like I said earlier if you send it to NVC it will be expired by the time of the interview.

I hope you have read her post after speaking to NVC. She will need the police certificate for NVC no matter what.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

That's exactly my thought.

You can't get past NVC without police certificate.. Police Certificate is valid for 1 year according to state department website.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

So if it expires before the interview date, apply for a new for the interview.

I believe, the embassy will accept ones that are valid for 6 months. meaning, you will have to get another one if it is older than 6 months but NVC will take one that is less than 1 year old.

Don't submit original to NVC, just photocopies of everything requested.

Good luck!

I hope you have read her post after speaking to NVC. She will need the police certificate for NVC no matter what.

I read her post after she spoke to someone at the NVC. How many times people have gotten wrong information from NVC regarding US embassy in Ghana. I am okay with her wants to do two police certificate. Ask yourself this question if NVC is the one that needs the police certificate then why would US embassy in Ghana require a new one if it has expired. With the checklist you will get one no matter what. I am done commenting on this.

Timeline

I read her post after she spoke to someone at the NVC. How many times people have gotten wrong information from NVC regarding US embassy in Ghana. I am okay with her wants to do two police certificate. Ask yourself this question if NVC is the one that needs the police certificate then why would US embassy in Ghana require a new one if it has expired. With the checklist you will get one no matter what. I am done commenting on this.

Akua38,

I understand your point.

I didn't get a checklist. I submitted a photocopy of police certificate. Most people get checklist after submission regardless of what was sent.

however, you don't want to get a checklist for "MISSING DOCUMENT", that will delay the processing.

I understand yours was expired before the interview. I went through the same thing before i came here.

The lady has called NVC to confirm is she has to bring them the police certificate and you are still insisting on not sending it.

Did you send yours or not?

That's why I told her to confirm from NVC if they won't penalize her for not bringing it.

I am not even trying to be rude or anything.

You can't tell people to not submit something you submitted. If you didn't submit it and nothing happened to your case, then you can suggest that to her.

i hope you understand where i am coming from.

Have a great day!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline

Akua38,

I understand your point.

I didn't get a checklist. I submitted a photocopy of police certificate. Most people get checklist after submission regardless of what was sent.

however, you don't want to get a checklist for "MISSING DOCUMENT", that will delay the processing.

I understand yours was expired before the interview. I went through the same thing before i came here.

The lady has called NVC to confirm is she has to bring them the police certificate and you are still insisting on not sending it.

Did you send yours or not?

That's why I told her to confirm from NVC if they won't penalize her for not bringing it.

I am not even trying to be rude or anything.

You can't tell people to not submit something you submitted. If you didn't submit it and nothing happened to your case, then you can suggest that to her.

i hope you understand where i am coming from.

Have a great day!

IcezMan_Icezlady

If you would have understood my point from the beginning you will not be arguing with me and also being rude even though you said " I am not trying to be rude" Tell me where I insisted for her to still not send it after she called NVC. The following is what you were wrong about,

1.I did not say the police certificate is for me, if you go back and read it says for my mom.

2. I stated from the beginning that I sent the police certificate for my mom to NVC and by the time of her interview it has expired. When NVC send the checklist it didn't request a new police certificate but at the interview the CO request a new one before she approved my mom visa after four months.

The OP ask for help about her mom I-130 and I gave her my experience and opinion and you have a problem with it. The fact is I have gone through the process she is going through and YOU HAVE NOT. From now on if someone ask for help I will not waste my time to help them since you have all the ANSWERS and know it All.

Timeline

IcezMan_Icezlady

If you would have understood my point from the beginning you will not be arguing with me and also being rude even though you said " I am not trying to be rude" Tell me where I insisted for her to still not send it after she called NVC. The following is what you were wrong about,

1.I did not say the police certificate is for me, if you go back and read it says for my mom.

2. I stated from the beginning that I sent the police certificate for my mom to NVC and by the time of her interview it has expired. When NVC send the checklist it didn't request a new police certificate but at the interview the CO request a new one before she approved my mom visa after four months.

The OP ask for help about her mom I-130 and I gave her my experience and opinion and you have a problem with it. The fact is I have gone through the process she is going through and YOU HAVE NOT. From now on if someone ask for help I will not waste my time to help them since you have all the ANSWERS and know it All.

When I said you, I meant your case. This is what I understood from your post.

[You sent a police certifcate to NVC for your mom as required.

It was expired by the time of interview so your mom had to get a new one]

And you are telling OP not to get police certificate for NVC but wait until interview.

This is what I am trying to explain to you:

Most people get checklist regardless of whether something is missing or not . But if OP does not submit Police certificate to NVC, she will have to provide the missing document which will be the police certificate. NVC will not continue processing unless she submits that.

The above statement has been confirmed to her by NVC when she called.

Therefore, she will still need a new certificate by the time of interview if she doesn't get an interview within the next 6 months.

So, the reason why I said not to be rude, was for you not to take offense at my correction.

She called NVC and they told her to submit it so she MUST submit it.

I understand it is a waste of money but that's how it works for most people who don't get interview within 6 months of getting the police certificate. i went through the same thing, my sister too, my mum too but fortunately, my husband's police certificate will still be valid by his interview . else, he would have had to get a new one.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline

Akua and iceman

i want to make sure when the police certificate is needed because the police certificate of the country where my beneficiary comes from have only a life of 3 mos. and between the time of getting it.. submitting to NVC and the interview, will surely have it expired by then. so how can i fulfill the nvc need for the police certificate and then have it still in effect at interview time, as statistics shows a time frame of 3 mos from nvc to inteview?

pls advice and thank you

Police certificate for NVC must meet NVC validity requirement . I have posted the link on this thread in one of my post.

But your embassy might have a different validity.

In that case, you will get one for NVC, and get a new for the interview when you get your interview date..

You cant choose to cut corners to save money if NVC or the embassy doesn't allow it.

So, call NVC and ask them if you can hold off the police certificate until the interview, if they say SURE then you can wait till interview. But if they say NO, then you will be delaying your case because NVC will not process your case to completion until you fulfil all their requirements.

Anything you are unsure about, call NVC to verify even after you have answers from here.

Good luck to you!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.