30 posts in this topic

I have applied for a K1 visa for my fiance who is in the philippines , We need a Police Clearance from Qatar because she work there for over 6 months ,We have to apply for police clearance thru the Qatar embassy in Manila ( i have told by them and the Qatar embassy in washington DC that it police clearance has to be processed thru the Qatar embassy in Manila ) below are the requirements to receive the police clearance . we are having trouble( step 2) " NBI Sundry card authenticated by DFA. "my fiance has visited the local NBI office where she lives ( in a province ) and they do not know what she is talking about ? We need this for embassy interview Asap . Has anyone been thru this requirement before and have any advice on how /where to get " NBI Sundry card authenticated by DFA."?

Qatar Police Clearance

Requirements:

1. Letter of Request for police clearance, addressed to H.E Ibrahim Ali Al-Malki, Ambassador

The letter should state the purpose of securing the police clearance, entry & exit dates in Qatar, details of stay/work in Qatar and contact details of the former sponsors/employers.

The letter should also indicate the address & contact details of the applicant (email/mobile number/ landline number).

2. NBI Sundry card authenticated by DFA.

3. Photocopy of QID or Residence ID

4. Photocopies of passport and its pertinent pages in connection to the applicant's stay & travel in Qatar, including stamps of entry and exit dates from Qatar.

§ For lost passport, please submit Affidavit of Loss and Bureau of Immigration Certificate, both must be authenticated by the DFA.

5. Fees: US$10.00 CASH (filing fee to be sent to Doha)

Cash payment for the following (thru WExpress upon filing):

+ PhP350.00 authentication of NBI Sundry Card by the Embassy

+ Php350.00 authentication of the Police Clearance from Doha (upon receiving original Pol. Clearance from the ministry).

6. 5-pcs. 2x2 pictures in white background

*Please note that the Embassy endorses the Police Clearance request to the Ministry of Interior of Qatar. Response from the esteemed office may take more than 3 months.

yes she does know some one. but I have been told by the qatar embassy in the philippines and the Qatar embassy in washington DC . that IF it is not proceed thru the Qatar embassy in Manila it will rejected "Please note that the Embassy endorses the Police Clearance request to the Ministry of Interior of Qatar.

I hope it doesn't take that long. My fiancé needs to get a police certifivate from Qatar as well. He's contacted the people he knows from there but they haven't contacted him back. He will probably be sending it through the mail. I hope it's a speedy process for the both of us.

yes she does know some one. but I have been told by the qatar embassy in the philippines and the Qatar embassy in washington DC . that IF it is not proceed thru the Qatar embassy in Manila it will rejected "Please note that the Embassy endorses the Police Clearance request to the Ministry of Interior of Qatar.

I and my fiance just got hers, we mailed it directly to CEID in Qatar, it took about a month to receive, and we called them often.

Here is what Qatar gave us early on

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for communicate with us, kindly check the following to apply for the Police clearance certificate:

Requirements for applying for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from outside the country

There are three ways to apply for the PCC from outside the country

1- Throw the Qatar embassy

2- Applying via express mail by sending all the required documents + 50USD fee to the following address

ADDRESS:

Ministry of the Interior

Department of Criminal Evidences and Information Salwa road

Zone no:55, Area no:30

PO Box 23004 phone : 2346737-2346717 ( this will be the fastest way to get)

3- The applicant can ask a relative or a friend in Doha to applied and receive the PCC by sending him all the required documents with the power of attorney certified by the court and the competent authorities in the applicant country and the Embassy of the State of Qatar & the ministry of foreign affair, the certificate must also have the relative/friend Qatari Id number, the full name and must pay the processing fee on the applicant behalf for the certificate in Qatari Riyal its will be 10 QR only.

Document required for the PCC

· A formal letter addressed to Mr./ Director General of evidence and criminal information shows the certificate request and purpose.

Clear copies of relevant pages of applicant's current passport and old passport that was used while in Qatar with personal particulars, residence permit, dates of first entry to the country and last exit from the country.

Full set of fingerprints (original) duly attested by a competent government authority at the country of the applicant.

Three recent passport-size photographs

Original of Good Conduct Certificate (No criminal record / conviction certificate) of the competent state certified by ministry of foreign affairs and the competent authorities of your country. Letter explaining the purpose for which the certificate is required.

US$ 50 (fifty US Dollars) in Cash as processing + mailing fee from outside the country, from inside the country 10 QR .

Notes:

If the applicant is a resident born in Doha doesn't have to attach the PCC from his country with the application for the PCC from Qatar. But he should attach a copy of the birth certificate with the application. Those who entered the country while they were under 16 years old should produce a copy of the passport that contains the date of first entry to the country.

Thanks & Regards

The otion they gave us as the fastest took us from August 30th to September 6th

Your Qatar ID # is in your passport from when you traveled there and part of the visa stamp it will be an 11 digit number ,make sure you write that number in your letter and send copies of all qatar related passport pages to them. Print the US Embassy page that details the need for police clearances and send that with the package also.

Edited by Dave-Bhel

I will be in this boat soon. My fiance who is also from the Philippines worked in Qatar for just over two years (like many others). Of course looking ahead in the K1 process I know that she will eventually need to request a Police Clearance Certificate from Qatar. Seems like in the past people have had varying degrees of success (some none at all). Three months seems like a long time to wait and see if it shows up. I would hate for the interview or approval to be delayed on account for a PCC.

Dave-Bhel, seems like you have been the most successful in getting a quick turn-around. Did you contact the CEID directly for instructions? What mail courier service did you use for the mailing there and back? DHL?

First I will share the information I share with Ver1234 in our PMs.

We sent the request on the 14th of August 2016 and they received I'd on the 30th after 6 delivery attemps by fedex. The payment must be sent in cash, they won't accept anythong else. I for the direct telephone line for the supervisor in the part of CEID that handles clearence. The number is +9742346754. They will not accept blocked numbers and you can't call via skype, what I found is Viber works well and is less expensive than the phone company. They are open 7am to 1pm Qatari time sunday-Thursday. This is a Muslim country so Sunday is the first day on the work week. They are GMT +2 so 7am is 12 noon Philippine time and 12 midnight EST in the US. I hope this helps. Be persistant, but polite and don't give up.

All we sent was a full set of finger prints from Lorebel's local police office, and a police clearence from Tacloban.

I will try to answer any question in this thread to help others. The process described on the reciprocity for the $10 could take six months from what I understand. By paying that base amount and going through DHL / the Qatari Embassy you don't really get the attention you deserve from what I found. We sent all of our stuff via FedEx directly to CEID in Doha Qatar. It took FedEx six attempts to finally make the delivery, the primary reason for this is the hours there office keeps being that they're open at 7 a.m. in the morning but closed for the day at 1 p.m. afternoon. FedEx kept attempting to deliver the package after 1 o'clock. My suggestion is this once FedEx or whatever Delivery Agent you use shows that they have delivered the package call them. You are going to get your best chance of talking to somebody that can help you Sunday morning their time. All packages are mailed Sunday morning and the person that handles and catalogs the tracking numbers is there Sunday morning. I cannot stress enough be polite but persistent they are very lightly staffed and dealing with a lot of police clearances I can't imagine the workload placed on these handful of officers that handle this. They will talk to you and they will work with you as long as you remember that they are working hard too. I have no faith in what was posted in the reciprocity all I can tell you is the information I garnered from emails with Qatari investigations Department.

Great information. Thanks for sharing.

Do you happen to have their email address as well?

I never had any luck reaching them by email for every 10 to 15 emails I might get one reply. In the whole two month. With me emailing them nearly every day I received 4 replies. It wasn't until I started calling them that I got any real progress.

dav-behl i keep calling the numbers you have provided but no one will answer , i did speak to some one two days ago , but i have not been able to contact them since

this is ver1234

You have to keep trying, let it ring 10 or so times then start the call again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.