leaf777

EAD timeline 60 days not even biometrics yet

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

AOS FROM WVP THROUGH MARRIAGE

We have submitted i485 i130 i765 on August 5-th. Received NOA receipt august 19. Since then I got a Request For Initial Evidence on September 16 and response was received by UCIS Oct 3. RFE was for petitioners current income. Did not make too much sense as we submitted a joined sponsor with 70K+ income but they trying to approve my wife without the joined sponsor.

I did not get ant biometrics appointment letter yet.

My question is when should i expect my EAD card?

Edited by chris22

Call them about the bio letter!

^This. You need to do Bio walk in first before anything.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

RFE was sent back as i wrote in the initial post. CIS also changed the status to response received. I think many people are now getting EAD cards before getting bio appointments and have the card with fingerprint not available. I am not sure if this will happened to me or not but I have not seen any appointment letters yet.

What do you guys think what should I expect? I am at over 60 days now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

RFE was sent back as i wrote in the initial post. CIS also changed the status to response received. I think many people are now getting EAD cards before getting bio appointments and have the card with fingerprint not available. I am not sure if this will happened to me or not but I have not seen any appointment letters yet.

What do you guys think what should I expect? I am at over 60 days now.

Call them about the bio letter. If the letter haven't arrived and you missed the bio date that could result in a denying your case.

Timeline

Ill ask my lawyer to inquire with CIS on monday. Its getting ridiculous. And of corse no EAD so I cant work either :(

Why pay a whole bunch of money for them to call when you can do it yourself. They effect will be the same also they can't get it faster for you.

(and if you had RFE while using a lawyer, fire them and save the money!)

Timeline

Its much more complicated then that. Anyway I think my EAD might come without biometrics . I read it happened to many people.

What is complicated?

It could but when you got the RFE your whole case went on whole also you EAD and it was first resumed the day they received your RFE response.

But you REALLY need to address the issue of the bio.

I am more afraid that my EAD 90 days restarted after they received the response. It was for request for initial evidence, proof of petitioners current income. It did not make to much sense because we knew my wife will be hard to qualify so we submitted a joined sponsor. The problem was that this year my wife income will be around 40k compared to last year so they decided to try to qualify her and requested proof for current income like employment letter and paychecks.

I just really hope in a miracle that the EAD will be approved without the bio and ill just get biometrics after i get the EAD card.

Timeline

I am more afraid that my EAD 90 days restarted after they received the response. It was for request for initial evidence, proof of petitioners current income. It did not make to much sense because we knew my wife will be hard to qualify so we submitted a joined sponsor. The problem was that this year my wife income will be around 40k compared to last year so they decided to try to qualify her and requested proof for current income like employment letter and paychecks.

I just really hope in a miracle that the EAD will be approved without the bio and ill just get biometrics after i get the EAD card.

It didn't start all over but it did stop when the RFE was given and resumed when they got your reaponse.

Who and what about your wife's income that was very confusing. Did the lawyer said your wife shouldn't send in the tax stuff and other documents from the beginning? Because then they were very wrong.

Edited by Georgia16

Are you sure , even if its for initial evidence?What I read on CIS website is that it starts over again to day1. However experience for people is that it doesn't.

We did send in all the paperwork for my wife for the most recent tax year, 2015 however she didn't reach the 20k last year so we submitted joined sponsor. This year her income is around 40k i think thats what confused immigration.

Timeline

Are you sure , even if its for initial evidence?What I read on CIS website is that it starts over again to day1. However experience for people is that it doesn't.

We did send in all the paperwork for my wife for the most recent tax year, 2015 however she didn't reach the 20k last year so we submitted joined sponsor. This year her income is around 40k i think thats what confused immigration.

Yes when the ead is submitted with AOS then it doesn't start all over.

I don't think they were confused.

So when the lawyer sent in the I-864s and the tax documents

Did they send in just the joint sponsor's documents

Or did they sent in both the joint sponsor and your wife's documents?

Both are required even if your wife makes diddly squat.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.