americanboy

I-134, supporting evidence, bank letter(s)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've received my second Notice of Action form (NOA2), and so now I'm in the process of gathering documents to mail overseas. Most notably, the I-134 and associated supporting evidence.

These docs are all listed under "What to send to your fiance once the I-129F is approved" on the K1 guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

I'm a little confused, though -- does the affidavit of support need to go to my girlfriend for her interview in Stockholm? Or do I file it with the Department of State myself? Seems strange for her to present my affidavit, but okay...

Regarding the "evidence," the I-134 instructions list the following requirements:

(A) Statement from an officer of the bank/financial institution with your deposits, identifying the following: 1. date account opened; 2. total amount deposited for the past year; 3. present balance

(B) Statement(s) from your employer on business stationary showing: 1. Date and nature of employment; 2. salary paid; 3. whether position is temporary or permanent (also include copies of your last two pay stubs and your previous W-2 for the associated employer if available)
( C) If Self Employed: 1. Copy of last income tax return filed (or IRS transcripts); or 2. report of commercial rating concern
(D) List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

For (B), I've got an open ticket with HR at my job. But for (A), I've got two questions... first, do you just walk into a branch and ask for a manager? And second, do they also want letters from investment houses (e.g. Vanguard, Fidelity, etc) to cover retirement/brokerage accounts and stuff, or just from the bank that receives my paychecks every month?

Edited by americanboy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hey :)

If you fill in your timeline you can see more from the Swedish people.

Also join the Scandinavian thread.

The embassy in Stockholm is very easy. I don't know how far you are over the poverty line but we didn't provide any of all that evidens. I gave them the I-134 and his tax return and that was fine but you can bring as much evidence as you want. a couple of months of pay stubs are always good to have.

You have to send it to her and she will bring it with her into the embassy

Filed: Timeline

If you fill in your timeline you can see more from the Swedish people.

Oh, whoops -- I still had the US Consulate listed as Armenia, which... I guess must be the default. Changed that to Sweden! She's actually Danish, but the embassy she'll be interviewing at is in Stockholm.

Also join the Scandinavian thread.

I keep forgetting to post in the Scandinavian forum. I told my girlfriend to do it, though. She's the Scandinavian one, after all. :devil:

The embassy in Stockholm is very easy. I don't know how far you are over the poverty line but we didn't provide any of all that evidens. I gave them the I-134 and his tax return and that was fine but you can bring as much evidence as you want. a couple of months of pay stubs are always good to have.

You have to send it to her and she will bring it with her into the embassy

Oh, that's great to hear. Thanks for the info, that helps a lot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Oh, whoops -- I still had the US Consulate listed as Armenia, which... I guess must be the default. Changed that to Sweden! She's actually Danish, but the embassy she'll be interviewing at is in Stockholm.

I keep forgetting to post in the Scandinavian forum. I told my girlfriend to do it, though. She's the Scandinavian one, after all. :devil:

Oh, that's great to hear. Thanks for the info, that helps a lot.

Make her do that! Not many danes immigrate ;) .... If she has any questions then just have her write :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.