Durant200

Can Trump stop me from being with my future wife ?

86 posts in this topic

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

"The new president won't take office until January. In addition to separation of power, acts of congress, limitations of the president and everything said above. But you already had your interview and I bet you'll be in the US before January. " That is very encouraging to see how things can go against him. However we already booked the venue but I didn't buy any plane ticket yet but we decided I will move in March 2017. I hope it will not change a lot of things to push the limit and wait until the last months for the visa to expire but we wanted a Fall Wedding.

"that's a dictatorship, not our democracy." Exactly like stopping Muslims (Legal) from entering in the US but it is not straightforward when we want to know what he can do or what he can't do either.

"No. He can't. He won't. And soon he'll be a distant sad and disgusting memory of the year politics and populace went insane.

Know why?

As of today's little incident, his run is effectively over. Just going through the motions. :thumbs:" I saw the video and this is absolutely disgusting and shocking. Do you think people are still going to vote for him after that ? I know some who will because even if they are married and have daughters, they will still try to deny this and use the fact that 2005 was far away and blah blah blah.

Timeline

I checked the link you provided above , this is really interesting actually !! I did not realize the importance of winning the states with a lot of electoral votes. According to the Telegraph it was saying neither Trump or Hillary has a significant lead in the swings states but what lead are they talking about then ? Because to me Hillary is leading in FL , VA , IL , NC. I have struggle to understand how it works , it quite complex and I wish I could understand it better. From your experience and knowledge, do you think polls like this can actually be accurate and show the reality of who can win the presidency ?

"Okay, as a US gov. lesson. IF somehow Congress agreed with him and passed new laws, then the Supreme Court could and would declare these actions unconstitutional. We have three branches of government that are supposed to ensure that no one branch goes crazy." That is right , but reducing immigration drastically based on the nationality of the immigrants could be considered as unconstitutional even if Trump was giving enough reasons ?

I checked the link you provided above , this is really interesting actually !! I did not realize the importance of winning the states with a lot of electoral votes. According to the Telegraph it was saying neither Trump or Hillary has a significant lead in the swings states but what lead are they talking about then ? Because to me Hillary is leading in FL , VA , IL , NC. I have struggle to understand how it works , it quite complex and I wish I could understand it better. From your experience and knowledge, do you think polls like this can actually be accurate and show the reality of who can win the presidency ?

"Okay, as a US gov. lesson. IF somehow Congress agreed with him and passed new laws, then the Supreme Court could and would declare these actions unconstitutional. We have three branches of government that are supposed to ensure that no one branch goes crazy." That is right , but reducing immigration drastically based on the nationality of the immigrants could be considered as unconstitutional even if Trump was giving enough reasons ?

The guy that runs the site I linked has made a name for himself as a statistician. He is well respected and correctly predicted the last election whereas most other "predictor" people failed.

To your second question. I think it would be, or some aspect of it would be. The US did this with the Chinese in 1882 (Look up the Chinese Exclusion Act). Now it is an embarrassing part of History.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

The guy that runs the site I linked has made a name for himself as a statistician. He is well respected and correctly predicted the last election whereas most other "predictor" people failed.

To your second question. I think it would be, or some aspect of it would be. The US did this with the Chinese in 1882 (Look up the Chinese Exclusion Act). Now it is an embarrassing part of History.

This is an interesting discussion of what might happen were the candyfloss-haired short-fingered vulgarian ever to make it to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue: http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2015/12/constitution-check-would-a-ban-on-all-muslims-entering-the-u-s-be-valid/

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

This is an interesting discussion of what might happen were the candyfloss-haired short-fingered vulgarian ever to make it to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue: http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2015/12/constitution-check-would-a-ban-on-all-muslims-entering-the-u-s-be-valid/

Thanks!

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

I sincerely hope the information provided can actually be true but I guess there is no way predict everything , we are one month apart from the election , and a lot could happens. I read an article from the Telegraph today and they speak about a tight race between Clinton and Trump ,moreover they even say that anything can happens as they do not have a significant lead in the swings states. However they claim that if Florida is won by Clinton this would be a pre-victory for her as Trump would have to win the other swing states to win the election.

That makes sense to me , and I really don't believe things would be going that far easily , just the way he defends himself during debates shows how good he knows things about politics. I don't know if Trump could have a real impact on the life of Legal immigrant with visa ( approved already or not ) , becoming a permanent resident , or becoming a citizen.

Here is an information I found on the official website of Trump , I have read all his plans on Health , education , economy etc but there is one point in immigration i'd to figure out :

"10. Reform legal immigration to serve the best interests of America and its workers."' What kind of reform could be involved then ? Does it include regulation of legal immigration , more vetting ? Things are not explained well to be honest.

He doesn't explain anything because he has no plan and he also doesn't understand how things work at all. It's just "feel-good" talking points that hit on people's fears or insecurities.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

I sincerely hope the information provided can actually be true but I guess there is no way predict everything , we are one month apart from the election , and a lot could happens. I read an article from the Telegraph today and they speak about a tight race between Clinton and Trump ,moreover they even say that anything can happens as they do not have a significant lead in the swings states. However they claim that if Florida is won by Clinton this would be a pre-victory for her as Trump would have to win the other swing states to win the election.

That makes sense to me , and I really don't believe things would be going that far easily , just the way he defends himself during debates shows how good he knows things about politics. I don't know if Trump could have a real impact on the life of Legal immigrant with visa ( approved already or not ) , becoming a permanent resident , or becoming a citizen.

Here is an information I found on the official website of Trump , I have read all his plans on Health , education , economy etc but there is one point in immigration i'd to figure out :

"10. Reform legal immigration to serve the best interests of America and its workers."' What kind of reform could be involved then ? Does it include regulation of legal immigration , more vetting ? Things are not explained well to be honest.

The site Harpa linked is really great. But beyond that, I tend to look at sites which has positions on both sides. Even conservative outlets know his time is up and are looking forward to the future. Discussion there has also showed that swing states that may have once leaned red are either losing favor or will be going blue to in severe risk of going blue. It will be close in some of them yes, but it won't matter. And yes, he'll have millions voting for him, and yes there will be people also going for other candidates this year, or abstaining entirely. This will really change the dynamics of our politics for a while. Trump is a subversive agent and an outlet for foreign governments to control us and inject disruption in our people. He is, and always has been a non-serious candidate with delusions, becoming swept up in his performance piece. He's riding a wave of an attitude that has been disturbingly sweeping across Europe these days. But those who support his more disturbing viewpoints are outnumbered. The only thing I think that bothers him is being defeated by a woman (a woman who is not so liked herself). So once, he is defeated, I expect a lot of whining, crying, and who knows he's great at suing (and losing). But even that doesn't matter. The damage has already been done to our political process and parties. Conservatives who are not supporting him, but are choosing to stomach Hillary actually are beginning to think that is a good thing. A rebirth if you will, and a time to teach other voices who attempted very hard to destroy the 'brand' into something of a lesson. They will also be focused on holding their party seats. For every person that tells an immigrant they haven't a right to be here there are a million more ready to welcome them.

Trump does not understand immigration law, just as the average American doesn't. All he understands is the 'art of the con deal'. Selling himself. Getting people to believe in a lie. Destroying souls even. He says things with key phrases and buzz words repeated in tandem over and over again, just as someone would in pitching a product. By the end you've convinced someone that there is a plan but not actually what the plan is. You don't know what his plan is, no one in his camp knows what the plan is, he doesn't know, and no one in congress is ever, nor will they ever be serious in coming up with a plan. The buzzwords sound good for votes, but it only works for so long.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Honestly if you are having this much anxiety over it, maybe you should wait to come? You almost must take into consideration that over 40% of the population is probably going to vote for Trump. That is 40% of the people in your new country. There isn't a single Clinton yard sign in my town, but many Trump ones (and my third party ones). How does that make you feel in general? Would you be ok living in an area like that? I'm just thinking in the broader sense that America might not be so comfy for you depending on where you are moving.

Second what Merry said. A big, fat, no. A spectacular no, the very best no. Some people say it's the biggest no.

It is certainly not small and there will be no problem, I can almost guarantee it.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I'm really going to take a look at the links provided above :)

I was just wondering if it was in his power to just say , look all people coming in the US with a visa ( or even people travelling to the US under the VWP) or a specific category can be sent back to their country because he decided of a new regulation of visa. To me it looks totally possible but I can be wrong. Especially since when i'm moving with her , Trump will be at the White House for a while already. Even if he doesn't touch visa in the next coming months, the AOS could be a problem later down the road. How about he decide a new policy about who can be granted permanent resident through marriage (or else ) , nothing is really clear and we live in a world full of doubts and now we will live with a sword of damocles hanging over our head and we never know when an eventual separation may occurs, this is horrible.

If he were to win he would not take office until January, even though he is republican, he is not well supported within his own party and is diametrically opposed to anything the democrats say so support for policy change is unlikely, especially in the short-term, keep on shooting for March Poe and may wedding

One of the best lines, I thought, in the democratic convention was something in Obama's speech that was something to the effect of "We don't have kings in America. We don't look to be ruled."

This line had me laughing because he has been trying to do that exact thing for the last 6 years almost. He can't get something done legislatively so he will make a executive order to get as much of it done as possible. Anyone remember DACA and DAPA? He said something that really struck me the wrong was when he said this "One of the things that I will be emphasizing in this meeting is the fact that we are not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we are providing Americans the kind of help that they need," he said. "I’ve got a pen, and I’ve got a phone."

The pen, he said, can be used to sign executive orders, while the phone means calls to non-profit, universities, and private sector organizations that will rally towards a “unifying theme” of economic mobility and fairness."

That sounds like a dictator to me.

The site Harpa linked is really great. But beyond that, I tend to look at sites which has positions on both sides. Even conservative outlets know his time is up and are looking forward to the future. Discussion there has also showed that swing states that may have once leaned red are either losing favor or will be going blue to in severe risk of going blue. It will be close in some of them yes, but it won't matter. And yes, he'll have millions voting for him, and yes there will be people also going for other candidates this year, or abstaining entirely. This will really change the dynamics of our politics for a while. Trump is a subversive agent and an outlet for foreign governments to control us and inject disruption in our people. He is, and always has been a non-serious candidate with delusions, becoming swept up in his performance piece. He's riding a wave of an attitude that has been disturbingly sweeping across Europe these days. But those who support his more disturbing viewpoints are outnumbered. The only thing I think that bothers him is being defeated by a woman (a woman who is not so liked herself). So once, he is defeated, I expect a lot of whining, crying, and who knows he's great at suing (and losing). But even that doesn't matter. The damage has already been done to our political process and parties. Conservatives who are not supporting him, but are choosing to stomach Hillary actually are beginning to think that is a good thing. A rebirth if you will, and a time to teach other voices who attempted very hard to destroy the 'brand' into something of a lesson. They will also be focused on holding their party seats. For every person that tells an immigrant they haven't a right to be here there are a million more ready to welcome them.

Trump does not understand immigration law, just as the average American doesn't. All he understands is the 'art of the con deal'. Selling himself. Getting people to believe in a lie. Destroying souls even. He says things with key phrases and buzz words repeated in tandem over and over again, just as someone would in pitching a product. By the end you've convinced someone that there is a plan but not actually what the plan is. You don't know what his plan is, no one in his camp knows what the plan is, he doesn't know, and no one in congress is ever, nor will they ever be serious in coming up with a plan. The buzzwords sound good for votes, but it only works for so long.

I am like you I try to read more neutral sites but I do read the other ones to see what they are saying. So that way I get more of a broad overall picture of whats going on instead of a narrow one side type of thing. I saw on your profile you are from Maryland so you might not know alot about swing states and vice versa but my home state of NC which I did receive a absentee ballot is now considered a swing state. The reason for that is a LARGE NUMBER of yes Yankees have moved down from the NE to escape high COL and higher taxes for a better way of life. So in Raleigh and Charlotte the last 20 years the populations have more than doubled and they weren't small to begin with. So that is why they are swing worthy.

A number of people like myself are riding a wave of Anti-Globalism that has hit Europe right now and is here in the USA. We are tired of having our jobs uprooted and moved to other countries like Mexico and China, only to be left with low paying service jobs. Even in my profession of IT a number of companies are laying off skilled IT workers and hiring H2b workers primarily from India to fill those spots. This is done through a loophole by the companies by them saying that "they can't hire skilled Americans and have to recruit from abroad." I do not care that she is a woman and I can name several women that I would vote over Hillary any day of the week, before I would have voted for either of them. But I will not be throwing my vote away by voting for Mr. Aleppo or Jill Stein. I will vote for him because I have seen through her very evident lies, and I do not want to be the one left waiting for 13 hours before my country can even begin to send someone for me.

I have seen many people having Trump signs in yards and and ALOT of people here in the LA area having Bernie signs, but very few people have Hillary stickers and signs. Trump does have a lot of support from people that will not openly admit to supporting him and I have seen that first hand. Why would people openly support him when as soon as they do get vilified and yelled at by so called "Tolerant Left"?

Actually did you know there is ALREADY a law on the books here in the USA that says if the country of the individual that we are trying to deport DOES NOT accept that person. Then we can automatically suspend any granting of visas from that country, until that country has taken back the individual that we are deporting. The law is just not followed at all but it needs to be.

‘On being notified with the attorney general that the government of a foreign country denies or unreasonably delays accepting an alien who is a citizen, subject, national, or resident of a country, after the attorney general asks whether the government will accept the alien under the section, the secretary shall ... order consular officers in that foreign country to discontinue granting immigrant visas or non-immigrant visas or both to citizens, subjects, nationals, residents of that country until the attorney general notifies the secretary that the country has accepted the alien,’”

http://www.cnsnews.c...-illegal-aliens

https://www.uscis.go...0-0-0-7179.html