RobertM54

Problem with G325

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Don't get me started. I do not want or need some junior bureaucrat to protect me from someone who wants to use me. Who was there to protect me from my ex? If it was the governments job to protect people from bad marriages, then I am sure the founders would have got it into the constitution. This whole process is a bizarre infringement on liberties the founders took for granted.

Then you place this "protection" in the context of the millions of illegals the administration allows to stay and continue to violate US law, and we see the stunning hypocrisy.

I see your anger at the officials, but I'm more angry at the immigrants who do abuse the visas/petitioners. They are more the reason why all these regulations and checks exist in the first place. :crying:

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I see your anger at the officials, but I'm more angry at the immigrants who do abuse the visas/petitioners. They are more the reason why all these regulations and checks exist in the first place. :crying:

There is a huge amount of financial, criminal fraud committed against American. Especially older Americans. Does the US Government respond by punishing all investors and making them get government approval for their investments? The argument that a few fraudsters forces the government to effectively punish all Americans who want to marry abroad is specious. Establish the same minimal checks that the government intends to use for the millions of illegals it intends to legalize and let us make our own choices. Let adult Americans be adult Americans and make their own decisions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello Robert, I have been an expat in Kyiv for many years. It doesn't seem like you know this woman very well. 31 year age gap is out of the norm.....not saying it hasn't worked, just saying it's not normal. If there is one bone in the closet, there is defiantly going to be another and soon you will find the whole skeleton.

I hope you understand the relationship culture of Ukraine...... I guarantee she will come out as the winner. If I could give you a little assignment, I would ask you to talk to other men who have married a woman with a child under the age of 18 or maybe 21. Also, have you argued with her yet?....It is part of the culture here and it gives them an emotional "reset". If she hasn't handed you your backside yet I would take that as a red flag from a slavic woman. Arguments are an important fact of life here and somehow necessary. You will have to learn to argue without hurting her. Words can hurt....

One of the biggest groups that come here as sexpats, come from Turkey. My wife went to Turkey and the men were all over her. Women go to Turkey for the money.....It has nothing to do with cleaning rooms in a hotel. Maybe that is why she had no work permit. I am only trying to be kind but you need to open your eyes. Here in Ukraine, women only have jobs if they have sex with the boss.....plane and simple fact.

If you would like to inbox me I can give you more information on the culture

Previously married to a Ukrainian woman with a child, I can vouch for most of what Michael is saying. You may think you know this woman, but you really don't. It takes a few years of being married to really know her. What Michael stated is so true about finding bones in the closet. Find one and soon you will find many! There were often arguments. Too many "resets" for my liking. For the most part, I have to agree with Michael about why women go to work in Turkey. My ex also spent a few seasons in Israel for house keeping job and she even had work permit. I never really believed her and we had terrible arguments about that. As it turns out, upon her showing me photo albums one day, I discovered she was there to be with her boyfriend who worked there. Like you, I thought I knew her.

Timeline

I never really believed her and we had terrible arguments about that. As it turns out, upon her showing me photo albums one day, I discovered she was there to be with her boyfriend who worked there. Like you, I thought I knew her.

Why do you worry about small stuff like that? Is she a good wife to you?

Timeline

Sorry, the US taxpayers are going to foot the bill for someone's welfare, food stamps, medicaid, so no.

You're basically saying "Just let me be scammed!"

The directly touches on all of the information/misinformation flying around about the impact of illegal immigrants on the economy. Despite it's singular focus on rooting out immigration fraud, I see no statistics on why it is so important. This is a different world. Millions of illegals are going to be allowed to stay - one way or anther. The old standards no longer apply. I argue for more consistency in the treatment for those who are here illegally and those and their sponsors, who want to come legally.

Timeline

Why do you worry about small stuff like that? Is she a good wife to you?

It was never the "fact" that bothered me. It was the lying about it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think everyone agrees that some aspects of the immigration process need reform. But your case has some red flags which make it harder regardless of the current laws in place. A 31 year age difference is going to be scrutinized in any case, really.....anything not in the statistical norm will be. Yes, it's a kind of discrimination but that's how it is. We also have a slight age difference which may be questioned and we're trying to prepare for it as much as we can, knowing that it might raise extra questions.

And now it seems there are some things your fiancee didn't share with you, and it's raising even more questions. The other users are trying to warn you that you might uncover even more that you weren't aware of. In general, it seems like your fiancee should take this whole thing a little more seriously because people do get rejected. The proper attitude in any case with red flags is: assume you're going to be rejected, so be as honest and up front and prepared as possible and front-load everything with evidence and proof. Just seems like a healthier attitude in case the worst does happen.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

It was never the "fact" that bothered me. It was the lying about it.

I have been dating Ukrainian women for almost two years now. I am reconciled to their crazy lies about past relationships. Maybe there are some who do not. The bottom line: "is your lady a good wife to you?"

Timeline

And now it seems there are some things your fiancee didn't share with you, and it's raising even more questions. The other users are trying to warn you that you might uncover even more that you weren't aware of. In general, it seems like your fiancee should take this whole thing a little more seriously because people do get rejected. The proper attitude in any case with red flags is: assume you're going to be rejected, so be as honest and up front and prepared as possible and front-load everything with evidence and proof. Just seems like a healthier attitude in case the worst does happen.

Well she did share about her time in Turkey when I saw all of the stamps in her passport. I just forgot about it when it came time to do the G325. And I knew about her Turkish boyfriend from another source (Nikolaev is not such a large town).

I spend hours chatting about this with my Ukrainian friends. Each time I am ready to walk away they tell me I am crazy, I will never find another woman as good as Irina. They say irrespective of the lies, when she gets here she will be a good wife to me.

Timeline

I have been dating Ukrainian women for almost two years now. I am reconciled to their crazy lies about past relationships. Maybe there are some who do not. The bottom line: "is your lady a good wife to you?"

I am referring to my ex-wife. So what does that tell you? It was good for a while but turned sour afterwards.

If lies are acceptable to you then by all means more power to you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** closed per Op request *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.