Wesselshyne

F2A spouse visa interview, approved!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From iloilo,. We arrived at manila sept 27th.. did my medical at SLEC sept 28th, got my immunization the following day 29th of sept.. (ill post detailed medical thing nx if u guys want to know too ..hehe) my interview schedule is oct 6, 2016.. 6:45am.. Went to US embassy around 5:30am.. theres already a long line, around 50 people or more.. there will be seats offered by the fixers, but u have to pay for it! At 6am the guard opened the gate, and told us that we can start lining up inside,. Before entering, bags were checked and DS260.. be sure to print out the correct DS260 (first page only,. Bar code at the bottom, not on top) unfortunately, i printed the wrong DS260 (wc my husband sent me via email) ofcourse the guard didnt let me get inside he told me that i need to secure the correct DS260 or else, my interview will be rescheduled! Damn that DS260!! I got scared at first , i almost cried.. but theres dis lady fixer who helped me, she asked me she can print out my ds260 but i have to pay P400.. its expensive but i dnt have a choice! In less than 5 mins, viola!! She handed me my DS260 and paid ber P400.. then i showed it to the guard and he let me go inside.. inside, u need to be sure that u are lining up to immigrants and not on tourist or seaman's line. In front, der will be a placard of the time of interview, just make sure ur lining on the right one.. there will also be ladies who are assisting us in lining up and we are told to hold our passport and DS260.. we waited for an hour, at 7am the line started to move.. i really cant see whats happening in front coz i was lining up the back.. am just blindly following the line hahaha.. when i got infront my passport and DS260 were collected by lady.. asked my name.. then put a sticker on my DS260 and she put my passport inside the ziplock and she gave it back to me and instructed to go inside.. went inside, and theres 2lines for inspection.. like the scnner thing. Then after that u will be instructed my a lady which row u will be seated.. and that will serve as ur line.. i was seated on B section.. they dont give out numbers.. u just need to wait for ur turn.. infront of us are windows with numbers.. first step is data entry.. theres like 10 persons ahead of me in b section. And there werw like 4 or 5 windows for data entry. Am not sure. I wait like less than 10 mins and twas my turn for data entry. Filipina officer was really nice,. Remember just smile and be polite! She told me to drop my passport and DS260, then she checked it and asked for my

1.Name

2.birthday

3.my parents name

4.whos my petitioner

5.petioners name and birthday

6. US address (be sure to memorize ur US address)

Then the officer returned my DS260 and passport..

Now am done with data entry, i sat down again and was instructed to wait for available window for pre interview.. iwas kinda anxious for step two wc is the pre interview. Been reading a lot of blogs that step two will be like hell, lots of question from a filipina officer.. and viola!! Twas true!! Hahaha .. now my turn.. entered the last window..

i was really scared that time, but the fillipina officer was really nice and even told me that i can sit down (last window has seats,but i didnt sit! Haha) she told me to drop my passport and ds260.. then told me to give her the documents that she will be asking..

1. Sealed Envelope from Slec.. (medical result, and some papers from slec)

2. Live birth

3.Mirrage contract

4. Cenomar

5. Police clearance

5. Nbi clearance

I gave everything. She returned back the photo copies and she said she doesnt need it.

She checked everything and started asking me these questions.. (some questions are in tagalog,twas like a normal covo anyway)

1. Name/dob

2. Who petitioned you?

3. Whats his name and dob

4. Us address

5. Pano kayo ng kakilala?

6. When did you two started dating? I answered nov 4th 2007.. she replied 'ahhh ang tagal nyu na palang magkakilala!" And she smiled.. i and said yes, and smiled at her too.. haha..

7. When did you get married..

8. How many years u too dated before u gt married?? (Twas like a follow up question)

9. How did your husband went to us?

10. When did he enter us?

11. How many times did he went back here?

12. When did you last time saw each other? I said last august.. then she replied "ahhh two months ago lang pala.." and asked me

13. Do you have photos together? I said yes, and handed her out wedding album.. on that album were our civil mirrage photos and church wedding photos.. then she asked

14. when is your church wedding?? I answered her and told me, ahh sinundan pla agad ng church wedding. I said yes maam..

15. Do have old photos together? And photos last aug.. i handed her my scrapbook.. in my scrapbook was our old photos, from 2007 until last aug nung umuwi husband ko dito.. then she ramdomly asked sumthing about our photos.. then she returned and back to me at ung wedding album..

16. Is ur husband still LPR or us citizen? I said, LPR maam.. she said are you sure?? I said yes!

17. Do have a copy of his greencard??? I was horrified because i doesnt have it! But she said, its ok.

18.How often does he txt or call you.. i said every single day..

19. Do u have copy or ur tx messages and call logs? I said no maam.. it twas on my phone but phones are not allowed here.. she just smiled .. hahaha..

20. Whats your husband's work?

And thats it! She handed me back my DS260. And told me told me to proceed to STEP 3, fingerprint scanning..

went directly to that window since no one is der, twas an indian officer.. he asked some questions too..

1. Name and dob

2. Petioners name

3. Relation to the petitioner

Then instructed me to do the finger scanning.. then thats it. Done with step 3.

Then i was instructed to sit down again to the other side, twas near windows 52 to 58 which is the last and final step! Final interview.. waited for almost 30-40 mins.. at first i was not that nervous,been talking too much with my seatmates hahaha.. we were instructed by a guy officer, he showed us a piece of 1/4 paper, and told us that if we were given that paper, were good to go... (twas an instruction to log in our home address on that website where they can send my passport and visa) and if you werent given that paper, u will

go to step 5.. (u will also be given a paper for 221g.. thats step 5)..

Then i begun to gt scared , kasi mga nauna samen marami ang na 221g.. and their interview is like 10 to 20 mins.. some got approved some got 221g.. viola!! Now my turn i was really really really scares that i cant even feel my legs hahaha.. the lady american officer was soo pretty..she smiled to me frst and said good morning! That moment i felt relieve! She was really nice and soft spoken that i cant almost hear what shes asking me at first..

1. Name/bday

2. Married?

3. Name of husband

She was like doing things while asking me.. like checking everything.. then asked me again

4. Whats his work?

Then she was looking at the computer and looking my files on the folder and she stamp it. I didnt see what she stamp though.. and she told me, well, i can see here that everythings ok.. your good to go!! And handed me this 1/4 piece of paper and told me to log in on that website and told me they will be sending my visa in 3-5 days.. i kenat!! Hahah i was happy and i thank her.. i just cant believe it haha.. that was less than 2 mins.. while am about to go out, i just still wanna make sure that i got approved.. hahaha.. i ask the filipina office and showed her the paper, i asked her, maam excuse po, ok na po ba eto? She then replied.. yes maam.. mg log in nlg kayu jan.. tapos didto po yung exit.bawal na pong manatili dito after ng interview nyu.

And thats it! Went out at us embassy around 9.10am.. walked fast to my hotel and availed my free breakfast buffet.. ?? God is good!!

Hope i did gave u some ideas on ur future visa interview.. anyway iba iba din mga questions.. good luck evryone!! ???

Timeline

Congrats! can you please update me of your status in CEAC and if you receive your visa on hand? thanks in advance. I had my interview last October 3, was congratulated too and welcomed to America by the lady consul. I am tracking my status in CEAC, after 4 days it is still ready for interview. Please update me of yours too. Im from Aklan, your nearby province. :)

Filed: Timeline

Congrats! can you please update me of your status in CEAC and if you receive your visa on hand? thanks in advance. I had my interview last October 3, was congratulated too and welcomed to America by the lady consul. I am tracking my status in CEAC, after 4 days it is still ready for interview. Please update me of yours too. Im from Aklan, your nearby province. :)

You can track your passport at ustravels.doc

You can track your passport at ustravels.doc

Timeline

Timeline

Hi,. Wla pa din bangung update saken.. ? Update mu rin ako sis pg naupdate na sayu.. tnx

Congratz on your approval...and thanks for sharing your interview story...it was enlightening...and funny too...!

Thank you.. ?? when is ur interview?

Thank you.. ?? when is ur interview?

Chinook's K-1 interview was in 2009. We have been happily married for over seven years...!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An unrelated post has been split into its own thread in this forum, with topic title "Advice Needed -- Possibly Complicating Factors [split topic]."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.