• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Gee S,

Thank You. I will stay positive

Od0016,

Yeah just provide exactly whatever they request for If possible. Once you get it, it'll all be worth it. Am about to schedule an interview but I still don't know how best to do the payment from Gambia. Otherwise I'll have to go do the payment in Senegal then come back then go back for the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Do have any familly in senegal?

The payment is made through the bank. The embassy will provide you a a deposit slip with pin number. You just take it to the bank with the fees.

When My wife was aplying for nonimmgrant visa thats what we did. It should be the same way

Timeline

Do have any familly in senegal?

The payment is made through the bank. The embassy will provide you a a deposit slip with pin number. You just take it to the bank with the fees.

When My wife was aplying for nonimmgrant visa thats what we did. It should be the same way

Od0016,

Yes I do. Maybe I can send them the money and they do the payment to the bank if that is accepted. please enlighten me further on this process. How do I get the deposit slip from the embassy and stuff.. It's really my headache right now. And sorry for disturbing.

Timeline

Od0016,

Yea it's already in Dakar. We got the instructions and everything. I've filled the ds160 form but haven't submitted it yet. Just wanted to know something clear about how to do the payment first. Was told you cannot schedule an interview without the payment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

You have to submit the Ds160 so you can unlock the next step.

My wife and I had to fill out the Ds first and then get a bar code number, which we later use for the next step.

You have to submit it first if it allows you, then move to the next step which is payment, and then scheduling.

Timeline

You have to submit the Ds160 so you can unlock the next step.

My wife and I had to fill out the Ds first and then get a bar code number, which we later use for the next step.

You have to submit it first if it allows you, then move to the next step which is payment, and then scheduling.

Od0016,

OK thanks for all the info. I'll submit it tomorrow then.. But just to clarify one thing, it's possible to send the money to someone in senegal to do the payment once you complete these steps right?

Timeline

Yes definitely you dont have to be the one physically depositing the money. good luck

Od0016,

Thanks a lot for everything. I'll check online on getting the deposit slip and pin from the embassy then proceed with the payment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Thanks for the response Amy.

I was just wondering if there is another way to pay it from Gambia or get someone to do the payment in Senegal for now and get the interview date first before going to Senegal. Otherwise i might have to go twice if I get a long interview date in between the payment and interview.

I'm pretty sure when he went to make a date, the most available ones were a couple weeks out.... If your fiance can't go to the bank maybe he could get someone to do it? I get why you wouldn't want to have to go twice..that's a lot of money. Also, I don't know what you're thinking for a second visit but I was *not* present for the interview. My fiance did everything independently between Dakar and Tambacounda.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I'm pretty sure when he went to make a date, the most available ones were a couple weeks out.... If your fiance can't go to the bank maybe he could get someone to do it? I get why you wouldn't want to have to go twice..that's a lot of money. Also, I don't know what you're thinking for a second visit but I was *not* present for the interview. My fiance did everything independently between Dakar and Tambacounda.

Thanks a lot.. I have finally got to do the payment and have an interview date.. Now just getting ready for the interview. How it all goes well.. Hope you also had a positive outcome

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Hey y'all here I am in desperate situation hope someone can shed light for me on my case. It was approved from USCIS, went through NVC, forwarded to the embassy in Dakar.

Never heard from embassy yet just went ahead read instructions on embassy website to schedule an interview. Fiancee done medical, made payment to the bank and received interview date of January 18th 2016 8am. On said date and time fiancee was there they let her through what seemed like the front desk her name was on a list, went through security into the waiting room with a number. When number was called they said she was not on the interview roster she provided payment receipt to no avail.

I contacted the website ais.usvisa-info.com and wrote to the embassy. Website response I went ahead of myself I should have waited until receipt of instructions from the embassy before proceeding now I have to wait for embassy to contact me which I think will never happened they always seem busy with something else that is not you.

Please what can I do at this point I have done all the steps only thing I don't have is the interview date and it seems like a gold mine to get it. Anyone know to get one?  

Timeline
1 hour ago, midou3 said:

Hey y'all here I am in desperate situation hope someone can shed light for me on my case. It was approved from USCIS, went through NVC, forwarded to the embassy in Dakar.

Never heard from embassy yet just went ahead read instructions on embassy website to schedule an interview. Fiancee done medical, made payment to the bank and received interview date of January 18th 2016 8am. On said date and time fiancee was there they let her through what seemed like the front desk her name was on a list, went through security into the waiting room with a number. When number was called they said she was not on the interview roster she provided payment receipt to no avail.

I contacted the website ais.usvisa-info.com and wrote to the embassy. Website response I went ahead of myself I should have waited until receipt of instructions from the embassy before proceeding now I have to wait for embassy to contact me which I think will never happened they always seem busy with something else that is not you.

Please what can I do at this point I have done all the steps only thing I don't have is the interview date and it seems like a gold mine to get it. Anyone know to get one?  

Hi. 

From what I understand, you should wait for the instructions from the consulate which is sent via email. You cannot go there before they instruct you to do so. You can track your case online on the caec website. If it indicates that it is ready then it means the email had been sent to you. Then you can rebook the interview.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.