lecilia

presidency [merged threads]

138 posts in this topic

Yes, he is against illegal immigrants and refugees/immigrants wanting to move to USA from compromised countries. Both will be good for job creating and national security. We just went through horrible week here in NYC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

No, because Americans trust in the separation of powers. That's probably why the voter turnout in US presidential elections are much lower than other developed countries. Some argue that this is due to difficulties in voter registrations, elections held on Tuesdays, but I think people trusting in the system playing a big role too. There has never been an presidential election since 1908 with a voter turn out greater than 65%. This includes great depression era, WW2, Korean, Vietnam, Gulf Wars, etc etc. I believe this indicates people trust in the system even during tough times. So, even if Trump becomes the president, not much he can do by himself. The way he's currently clashing with the House/Senate GOP members is going to tie his hands even tighter. Supreme court would jump in if he decides to go with unconstitutional executive orders. so on so forth.

The other thing is you know what they say, barking dogs never bite.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

this is quite an interesting political year. Breaking all norms and rules from past elections for sure. I cringe to think what America will look is Trump (by a miracle...or money) actually wins this thing. People think we have immigration problems now and extremely long waiting times or embassy difficulties...could you imagine how this whole thing will look like (if it still even exists for any person, let alone Muslims) during his time in office? I was hoping to get my fiancé here BEFORE this whole mess actually takes place but I don't see that happening just yet. Lets hope for the best :unsure:

Actually it would be quite the opposite. Trump would cut out all the bureaucracy and hassle regarding immigration. Thus making legal immigration much simpler than before. All this fear mongering surrounding Trump is just that. It's amazing how Trump is all of a sudden racist and compared to Hitler when he decides to run for president. Don't ever remember anyone saying this before.

Edited by Cruise77

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Haven't done this for quite a few Presidential elections, but I will be reprising a sad voting method this November.

I will be taking a quarter with me to the polling booth, and flipping the coin, two out of three, between "tweedle-dum" or "tweedle-dee."

In previous years, I have said vote early and vote often, but I fear it won't help this time....

YMMV.

I hope you are joking and this is supposed to be sarcasm?? if not, you do realize the phrase " vote early and often" is encouraging and condoning voter fraud (ballot stuffing) and has it's history based in crooked Chicago politics???

Edited by theresaL

so i know i have brought this up once before but isnt anyone worried about trump winning after seeing the debate should i feel worried as he basically doesn't want any kind of immigrants in the USA ?

"he basically doesn't want any kind of immigrants in the USA"

What is the source for this statement? Or is this just an inflammatory statement that you made to trigger certain responses?

As an "immigrant", I have no problem with a candidate who is a hawk on immigration issues, whether it is illegal immigration, controling immigration from terrorist-exporting countries/groups, or preventing the abuse of the immigration system and false asylum claims. I also I have no problem with a candidate whose positions will not benefit me personally, but may benefit the country. But, I think you and I both know Trump will not do any of that if he actually wins. He would be a better candidate if he actually intends to do any of it, but he doesn't.

Edited by andy78

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Here is my five cents. Clinton WON the debate from the second half. He was winning the first half. However, as Trump said, she has been doing this for 30 years now as a professional politician (money #######), She SHOULD have won. What exactly has she done in those years? Ask yourself that question. She came to New York and bought a huge place in Chappaqua so she would become a NY Senator here. Did nothing. State Dept? Did nothing really but travelled a lot, burnt gas in planes. She is bought and paid for by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Wall Street to name just a few examples. Who gives millions of dollars to a 'Foundation' for nothing? That being said, Trump is a bully and a pitbull. His answers to the Obama Birther issue was disgraceful. He thinks as a CEO he can say 'jump' and people jump. Yes in HIS world but not the world of politics. He is not a racist I believe, just a businessman with shrewd and bottom line business skills. AS a politician, he does not have the smarts to BE a politician like her. THAT is the reason why he will get 45% to 50% of the vote. He is clearly an outsider with an ego the size of a hot air balloon.

We are screwed!! Vote Libertarian....:-(

I just want (L)(L)(L)(L) your post.

The best analysis I have read so far. I'm not a fan of either and they are both an awful bunch to choose from but we gotta make a choice.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am yet to hear of a businessman turned politician who made his or her country great.

Government is not like a private enterprise where you are after the ones with the highest yield. if governments were ran like that, our seniors (65 or older), would be homeless and helpless with no healthcare for them because they produce the least economically at that age but "consume the most in social amenities like healthcare. Lower class folks will also face similar situation. They pay the lowest amount in taxes and utilize the most social amenities.

I don't believe Trump is racist at all. It is like how rich folks of all races get along but pit poor folks against each other on racial and ethnic lines.

Hillary on the other is too experienced in politics for anyone to trust her. It's like the Queen B which bullies her pact and ends up with the Best Personality Award.

Either way, we are screwed.. Central and South America dont seem like a bad place to live at all...:)

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Neither candidate inspires much, other than their base; righties for Trump and lefties for Hillary.

She hasn't done anything noteworthy the past two decades, but talks about Wall Street reform, criminal justice reform, gender equality, and NATO camaraderie. He, on the other hand, is basically riding his birther fame with tough talk on community policing, national security, illegal\muslim immigration, and pretends to be a great businessman despite evidence to the contrary.

Hillary likely wins in November, but don't expect much to change the next four years. We've seen this show before.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

online polls

yep totally not rigged by some meme groups from 4chan

post-199736-0-14196300-1475011340_thumb.png

Oh, what a day, what a lovely day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

online polls

yep totally not rigged by some meme groups from 4chan

It was supposed to be a joke, as they all are.

CNN have their polls, others do theirs, there was an interesting article the other day about why this election is unpollable. A lot of people will eventually Vote Crooked or Trump who are too embarrassed to admit it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

The President no matter who they are cannot change immigration by themselves. Too much paranoia abut this topic. I highly doubt either one of them will be able to implement what they want regarding immigration.

Timeline

The President no matter who they are cannot change immigration by themselves. Too much paranoia abut this topic. I highly doubt either one of them will be able to implement what they want regarding immigration.

You are taking the fun out of it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Look, the reality is Trump is a wild card. He might actually act on his word (when did that happen? heh) or he might just be blowing off steam to get elected. Nobody knows what he is going to do. He used to be friends with the Clintons. He used to be a Democrat. He's not a typical Republican (a lot of Republican voters despise him) and he's never actually held political office. He's trying to rub elbows with establishment Republicans but one wonders how much they would tolerate if he actually became president.

We just had elections in Russia and man, that was depressing. You guys think it's bad there, you should see how it went over here. Despite the fact that Trump says a lot of blowhard BS he is limited by the Constitution and the checks and balances in the US system. Let's all be thankful for that and pay more attention to our local/congressional elections, too, which actually mean something!

P.S.: Your vote only really matters if you're in a "swing state" thanks to the Electoral College! :jest:

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

Not only is that a gross and incorrect simplification of Trump's immigration platform, I would caution you from assuming how everyone here thinks.

I'm going to list some things that I am against even more than "illegal immigration".

I'm against calling human beings illegal.

I'm against the whole idea of the birth lottery. The concept that where you are born determines your worth and that those who were born here in the U.S. some how inherently deserve opportunities that other people do not, even if they are willing to work and literally put their life on the line for them.

I'm against the idea that illegal immigrants are nothing but bringers of crime and destroyers of the economy. Most, if not all, empirical evidence is against this as well.

I'm against the idea that illegal immigration is a malicious act as so many people make it out to be. As if the intention is to come here and wreck havoc when in so many cases it's about survival and wanting the best for you and your loved ones. Both of which are instinctual human qualities.

I'm against the demonization of Muslims and Mexicans and other racial/religious/cultural groups that Donald Trump has signaled out.

If anyone thinks that illegal immigrants are the biggest issue plaguing this nation then boy, bye.

I remember my Grandparents telling me stories of pre NHS, pre Welfare State etc, not nice times. Not sure why you want those times to come back.

Plenty of historical examples of mass migration, winners and losers, after all they say the Welsh are the Irish that could not swim.