Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Child with expired visa...

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia

Last year I filed for a K1 visa for my Fiancée and a K2 visa for her son. She entered the country in December of last year. He did not. We got married and for reasons not really relevant to the discussion here he stayed in Colombia and his visa expired.

All of her documents include his name and info. We have since applied for adjustment of status, advance parole and working papers for her. I was just notified that she has been approved for Advance Parole and working docs.

Adjustment of status is a few months away at least.

How can I get him into the US?

Does her advance parole cover him? Will he be covered by her adjustment of status? She's going to go visit him in Colombia. I know she wants to bring him back with her. Is that in anyway possible?

Any assistance would be helpful.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll need to see with embassy if they can reissue his K2 visa that was never used. That will involve another medical and visa fees and separate AOS (full fees) once he does come to the US. Start with embassy consular first.

Of course the child is not covered under your wife's AP.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Timeline

Google "K-2 follow to join." A K-2 can only be issued within 1 year of a K-1 being issued. You have until Nov. 18, 2016, to get the visa in hand.

AP, AOS, etc. for your wife does not cover her son since he has not been admitted into the US. Your wife and her son can only file together if he had entered on the K-2.

If you can not get the K-2 within the time remaining, you will have to file an I-130 and wait a year for a CR-2 immigration visa.

The only way possible for your wife to bring her son is with a K-2 or CR-2 visa.

Edited by Jojo92122

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...