Kay&Epi

Evidence of Ongoing Relationship

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Aw really? We didn't have a traditional engagement or anything. He just proposed to me at dinner when I last visited.

Yes. They're very tough on the k1 for some reasons. People have posted across here several times about the same topic. Someone was sent back because they had a picture of the two families together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

There's some really bad advice in this thread.

Don't send all several-hundred pages.

Pick some from the beginning and some from throughout the relationship's duration.

View the content and volume from the standpoint of a skeptical stranger (the consular officer).

What content would help to convince that stranger of the bona fide nature of your relationship?

What volume of it would be manageable to read or leaf through?

Of course, "face time" is more important than copies of correspondence.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We didn't have nearly as tough a consulate as Ghana but we really enjoyed the process of putting together the evidence we used to front load the petition. Certainly I would not include 1000s of pages..Or even a random sample of a couple pages per month. I would suggest that you look at your relationship and see the 'milestones' of it's development. Create a outline of what those significant events were (ideally at least one per month but more or less depending on the actualities of it all). Then find conversations, pictures and 'evidence' to support that outline. Heck when we did ours we even had a table of contents with headings and page numbers that was based on out outline... I think doing so presents a compelling easy to follow story of how it was you and he to us. Examples of what you might include... How you first met, how you went from strangers to friends, when you first started considering visiting, when you first professed love for each other, what you planned to do when you visited, Pictures of the two of you together when you did visit, discussion post visit about what was good (and maybe what was not and how you dealt with it). How you will overcome culture differences, Etc. The idea is a theme of how the sampled conversations contributed to a growth of the two of you... I agree with others to be careful of ANY ceremonies/ Family meetings in Ghana etc as this website is littered with people who have been denied in that consulate for supposed marriages. You might even open a separate topic in the Ghana forum for anything that might be questionable in that regard. Best of luck to you and your future husband.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You have enough. Chances are that they might not even ask to see them all. You need to only print the most recent from the last 3 months. Skype calls are good because they print hours spent. Photographs are good. You don't need a box full of them. ill include 2-3 of each like pics with family, with friends, and your partner. Arrange all documents in order. I know from experience when my mum went for interview. She was so prepared they didn't ask for a DNA to show relationship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.