Pitchman

AOS Postponement

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Is your fiancé okay with that?

Is she okay with not working that year, not driving?

Will you then buy her all she needs?

(We have heard of people not doing that?

She can't leave the country all this time.

Since you are going to marry this lady I would say your trust for her is very little, is that what you want a marriage to be like?

The people who get scammed don't have their eyes open.

These USCs usually select spouses from certain countries (especially 3rd world).

They have to be honest with themselves about their true intentions.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS clearly states on their website that the finace visa (K1) is to marry within 90 days of arrival NOT a period to try it to see if it works. You will be denied especially if they read this post as they have been known to do.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

there are ways to slow the process down some so you can see if your trust issues have merit.

you can postpone the interview and biometrics if they arenot a good dates for you. then she can drive and work while the process plays out.

please don't keep a person essentially trap at home because you don't trust them. starting a marriage when you don't trust the other person is a not a good way to live.

you can pull the i864 at anytime before the green card is issued and the aos will be denied without it.

If you have those kinds of worries you need more face time and to talk more.

My fiance visited every 2-3 months for a couple years, we dated for about 3 years total. Skype everyday, texting every day, known each other for 6 years by the time we got married. I knew him as much as I did 3 years ago as I do now. I don't think we've learned anything new about each other other than minor insignificant things because we made sure we knew each other before marriage. I also have a daughter, special needs at that, so protecting us was always priority. He didn't even meet her until the second time he visited, as I didn't allow it the first.

But I agree with others, bringing your spouse in to have them sit for months and not be able to do anything is a bad idea. Not to mention, they will be out of status and CAN get into immigration trouble with something as simple as you getting pulled over and your partner having no ID on them and 6 months of overstay.

I'd imagine it would suck to decide you actually love the person you married only to have them recieve a ban and removed from the country because you were protecting yourself and not the family you're trying to create?

Tbqh, if I was that worried about my child's or my own personal safety, I wouldn't date internationally at all. You're worried about a safety net, but if you keep looking you'll find that MOST of the fake marriages happen after the person gets their green card, some happen after removal of conditions when they get their 10 year green card WELL after they've been married for 2+ years. If you're going to hold a healthy paranoia for that long, your relationship won't last that long.

Personal feelings aside. You can postpone it as long as you want. Just know that the longer your partner is out of status, the more dangerous is becomes to do anything outside the house. Accruing too much over stay, and being caught somehow (as simple as being pulled over while you're the one driving and her have no form of ID other than a passport) can lead to removal from the country and bans. Your partner won't be able to work, travel out of the US, drive, get a state ID, be added to anything, or anything like that.

USCIS clearly states on their website that the finace visa (K1) is to marry within 90 days of arrival NOT a period to try it to see if it works. You will be denied especially if they read this post as they have been known to do.

That's the worst part, he's not using the 90 days to see if the relationship works. He wants to get married, he's using the near indefinite time frame he has to apply for AOS as the period to see if it works.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

What if you are still not sure in 6 months? In a year? I mean, real scammers are patient... who knows how long she can hide her game. I suggest celibacy, like abstinence, it seems to be the safest thing for you.

Yeah I've seen people on here feel/find out they were scammed YEARS later.

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

Spoiler

Spoiler

06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

Filed: Timeline

The law clearly states that and yes I will be getting married within 90 days. What the law doesn't say is when I must file the AOS. There is no time frame for that. If I marry within 90 days then I'm fully and completely in compliance. And let USCIS read this! What will they find out, nothing!

CO's can deny if they feel the beneficiary won't be safe with the person they want to marry. They can also use their own judgment on if they feel your relationship is real enough or not. They can deny it if they don't feel you're legit enough. Like it or not, CO's personal discretion can have a case denied if they're willing to back up their gut feelings.

Right now, you look like you want a date, and you're just going to have a marriage license while dating to fulfill some requirements.

Either way, depending on if your fiance knows these things you plan, and if she tells the CO the plans, you may have a tough time even getting her here. You seem too open and cocky about all this to think that you haven't told her, or that somehow she can't find out or immigration can't find out. I feel bad for her tbqh.

Edited by Ash.1101

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

Spoiler

Spoiler

06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.