104 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My guess is that it is waivers, they however only need one reason to refuse a visa, no need to add them all up.

If the counselor asks me why I got deported should I explain everything ? Because at PO didn't know I was working he asked me what I was doing us I told him I was working ( stupid decision , but didn't want to be a liar ) .so if they ask me what should I do ?

Timeline

I wouldn't go the K1 route personally I would marry because if you need to (which you will) you can appeal and a CR1 wont expire.

But again like stated chances are slim. Sorry you didn't know the law... ive done thing unknowing not intentionally so I can relate.

For example I sent my app without imbra waiver (AND ITS ON THE APP) sometimes you overlook things in a non malicious way.

Good Luck :)

Thank you ! Yes I know I made lots of mistakes.I just didn't pay attention now I have to deal with it.I have a very slim chance to get a waiver from consulate let sew what will happen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If the counselor asks me why I got deported should I explain everything ? Because at PO didn't know I was working he asked me what I was doing us I told him I was working ( stupid decision , but didn't want to be a liar ) .so if they ask me what should I do ?

The CO would know, everything is in your file, they usually only ask questions they know the answers to.

Consulates do not handle waivers.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Oh OK.sorry for keep asking you questions but I have one more .let say I didn't get anything good in this interview which is 90 % I won't.after should I apply for K1 or f1 visa ? Because my boyfriend and I've been together 4 years .that's the reason I overstayed .

Timeline

Process would be longer and more expensive, most immigrant waivers for this sort of situation get approved.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Process would be longer and more expensive, most immigrant waivers for this sort of situation get approved.

Boiler thank you so much for your interest and answers .I know my sound and situation is kind of stupid but I've been really bad situation in my country and since I had this chance I wanted to keep it .I made it pretty bad end of the day .now my boyfriend and I suffering because of this .he is the only person I understands me.

Timeline

I have a account since I was a kid from my family and never touched it because of my age.now I passed that and I can show my account as a support .there is enough money to pay everything in USA.I have some issues with my family don't want to bring it here .and giving you guys information about it because I don't want anybody judge me because of my decisions.I wasn't working us because I needed money .I was working because I wanted to work.it helped my English a lot.my English still not good enough but working helped me to built my self confidence to speak English .

Oh OK.sorry for keep asking you questions but I have one more .let say I didn't get anything good in this interview which is 90 % I won't.after should I apply for K1 or f1 visa ? Because my boyfriend and I've been together 4 years .that's the reason I overstayed .

If you come via you partner i would marry...this way when its denied you can submit waiver.

K1 expire

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

If you come via you partner i would marry...this was when its denied you can submit waiver.

K1 Cr1 makes no difference.

K1 Cr1 makes no difference.

Really thats good to know :idea:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

If you come via you partner i would marry...this way when its denied you can submit waiver.

K1 expire

You can submit a waiver with both K1 and CR1. Some lawyers just say that it's easier to get a waiver for CR1 than K1 that's why a lot of people who need a waiver go the CR1 route. If it's just a simple overstay it doesn't really matter but with more serious inadmissibilities it probably does make a difference and CR1 is the better way.

Timeline

That's why I applied for f1 visa because at port of entry officer told me he sending me back because of I overstayed.the other reason I wanted to go embassy officer in border didn't tell me my rights .I knew I was made a mistake but he didn't even listened to me at all.I just want to tell my story to counselor so my case will be on right track.after that I think I will apply for K1 or cr1

You can submit a waiver with both K1 and CR1. Some lawyers just say that it's easier to get a waiver for CR1 than K1 that's why a lot of people who need a waiver go the CR1 route. If it's just a simple overstay it doesn't really matter but with more serious inadmissibilities it probably does make a difference and CR1 is the better way.

Ok i for some reason thought once a k1 was denied it would expire... but thats good to know :idea:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.