176 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OP mentioned he has unfriended her on Facebook.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

goodness, send her back! Marriage has to be worked out together!!! I agree with zuluweta, pull out her affidavit of support! Wake up she's using you!

05/14/2016 - OUR WEDDING DAY!!!!!! (L) (L) (L)

07/06/2016 - FILED AOS

07/12/2016 - NOA1 MAILS RECEIVED

07/16/2016 - BIOMETRICS LETTER RECEIVED

08/02/2016 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

08/19/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-485 (RFIE WAS MAILED)

08/27/2016 - RFIE LETTER RECEIVED

08/29/2016 - SUBMITTED RFIE RESPONSE

09/02/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-485 (RFIE IS BEING REVIEWED)

09/12/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-485 (CASE READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW)

09/20/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-765 (NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCE)

09/20/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-131 (CASE WAS APPROVED)

09/30/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-765 (CARD WAS MAILED)

10/03/2016 - STATUS UPDATE FOR I-765 WITH TRACKING NUMBER (CARD WAS PICKED UP BY USPS)

10/04/2016 - COMBO CARD WAS DELIVERED TO ME

:clock: FOR INTERVIEW SCHEDULE

Sorry this is happening to you.

I agree that step 1 is to pull I-864 support. Make an info pass apt, and also send an email and overnight a signed request letter to USCIS. If you let AOS get approved, you will be screwed royally, this b*tch seems like she means business and has people who may know the law. She will end up suing you under I-864.

Out of curiosity, how does she know that you sent the AOS paperwork? Did she walk you to the post office to make sure it got mailed? She seems like the type that would do that. First impression, she's psycho and has no real feelings of love for you. The only thing you are for her is a walking ATM machine and a means to a green card. But I think you have realized this by now. The only thing left is to stop the paperwork (her online support forgot to tell her that you can still pull the I-864, even after its sent). That's gonna be a tough pill to swallow when she realizes what happened and what that means to her green card dreams. Back to the drawing board for her. And then the next step for you is to file for is divorce from the devil's daughter.

Since she has people telling her what to do, she will inevitably turn to VAWA once the gig is up on the traditional GC route. She may even try to beg for forgiveness and promise to change, blah blah blah. All lies. Like others have said, you need to move out ASAP (break the lease if you have to) and don't tell her where you are moving, just leave her in the street. Cut off all contact. Offer her a one-way ticket back to the hell she came from. She won't get squat in the divorce since you've been married a short time. Her bonus prize will be a 3 year ban from the US from immigration since after 90 days (which ended 3/16/16 based on a previous post), she's out of status. If AOS gets approved, it would be forgiven, but if you pull the 864, that 6+ month overstay is recorded.

After that, you're off the hook.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for all the replys. I do feel like this a scam at times.. I will try to answer the one posters questions. I have tried many times to see it from her side. She has been here 11 months. We have been married for 8 months. I filled out paperwork 3 months after we was married. She just got her combo card 2 weeks ago. I never told her I wouldn't fill out paperwork, I just put it off, cause of all the tampo.. I think her walking the streets especially at night is relevant. It's not safe. Would you be OK with your wife walking the streets at night and u call her and she doesn't answer ? I'm not trying to be smart, but I think a young woman from another country walking the streets at night is asking for trouble..She wants to work, but then doesn't like it after a hour of it and quits, but complains about being home and yes I did pay her the same amount I pay my other workers. She said it wasn't enough and then said it was abuse.This is my first marriage, so I pay no alimony to my ex. We was together for 10 years. She gets mad when I spend money on my daughter, she says that is her money. If she had access to my accounts they would be drained. She thinks money here flows freely. She spends it faster, then I can give it to her. I also send her mother money every month, just like I have from the start. Yes there was red flags from r start of talking. She asked for monthly money at first and during the 2 years she was in the phils, which I sent her every month. She also not only ask me to treat her whole family, all 15 of them why I was there. She also volunteer me to treat her 25 Co workers one day to lunch. Never Asked ne, Just Volunteer me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I am going to play devil's advocate because there are two sides to every story and this is only one. No answers required, but I wonder if you looked at it from this perspective. If you still love her and value your wife, perhaps this is how she might feel and does not know how to communicate it properly. Remember, she is coming from a different country with a different culture and traditions.

No judgement, just a different perspective. I would like to think that you both love each other, but just have not figured out how to communicate properly. I hope that you can get past this detour in your life and find a way to move forward together. If you cannot, then I hope that you can both find a way to move on with separate lives, wherever they may lead you.

Good Luck

I finally filled out the paperwork and sent it in. Since then she has joined many private online groups. Keeps her phone on private code and puts it face down. If I get close to her, she pushes the back button. She is on her phone non stop. She locks herself in the bathroom for hours on it.She has thrown away all the clothes and shoes I bought her. She also threw away all r wedding pics and frames.I ask her don't you even appreciate it. She said u was forced, u had no choice, cause if u didn't fill out paperwork I would of said you verbally abuse me and r gas lighting me.

How do you defend this?Yes,he should remember she is from different culture and tradition but she should also remember that this is not Philippines and he is from another culture and religion.Shouting and yelling and making drama is absolutely non sense.This woman has absolutely no appreciation for her husband who brought her here into a country where she can live a much better life than Philippines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You knew what you were getting, so why the surprise now?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thanks for all the replys. I do feel like this a scam at times.. I will try to answer the one posters questions. I have tried many times to see it from her side. She has been here 11 months. We have been married for 8 months. I filled out paperwork 3 months after we was married. She just got her combo card 2 weeks ago. I never told her I wouldn't fill out paperwork, I just put it off, cause of all the tampo.. I think her walking the streets especially at night is relevant. It's not safe. Would you be OK with your wife walking the streets at night and u call her and she doesn't answer ? I'm not trying to be smart, but I think a young woman from another country walking the streets at night is asking for trouble..She wants to work, but then doesn't like it after a hour of it and quits, but complains about being home and yes I did pay her the same amount I pay my other workers. She said it wasn't enough and then said it was abuse.This is my first marriage, so I pay no alimony to my ex. We was together for 10 years. She gets mad when I spend money on my daughter, she says that is her money. If she had access to my accounts they would be drained. She thinks money here flows freely. She spends it faster, then I can give it to her. I also send her mother money every month, just like I have from the start. Yes there was red flags from r start of talking. She asked for monthly money at first and during the 2 years she was in the phils, which I sent her every month. She also not only ask me to treat her whole family, all 15 of them why I was there. She also volunteer me to treat her 25 Co workers one day to lunch. Never Asked ne, Just Volunteer me.

"I also send her mother money every month, just like I have from the start."

- And you don't see or think that you're being used?

"She also volunteer me to treat her 25 Co workers one day to lunch. Never Asked ne, Just Volunteer me."

- And you still don't see or think that you're being used?

Wake up and smell the durian!

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Make sure,whenever you let her know your plans,you are with a trusted witness in case she decides to ruin your life by false allegations.I would suggest you spend money and get a good lawyer because that kind of woman is dangerous to deal with.You should have realized that she is a gold digger.

Try to document all the things she's saying and demanding with dates and times, maybe in your phone so she's less likely to find it. Have you tried talking to someone at the consulate or wherever her application is being processed about what's happening? Even without knowing her side, this just doesn't seem right... good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Eric-pris, yes she went with me to post office to mail it. She got her finger prints and her temp work and travel card already. I thought she couldn't get the AOS, approved without first a interview with us both.

Sometimes the GC gets approved without an interview.

Really pull that I-864 before it's to late.

I also own my house, I don't see how I can put her out

If you don't contact USCIS and pull out your Affidavit of Support (the I-864 you submitted for her AOS green card application), I suspect she will be leaving you in the dust the moment she gets her green card. She could be meeting new prospective husbands on those online groups you claim she's been joining. Or she could be getting advice from those online, sympathetic "friends" of hers to set you up for domestic violence accusations, in which case she may still get her green card without your help and at the same time ruin your life with false criminal accusations.

Go to immigration now and prevent her from getting that much sought-after green card. She clearly used you to fulfill her dream of making it to America.

Are you sure she doesn't have online boyfriends right now, waiting in the wings as part of her back-up plan?

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

We've all made mistakes and looked over red flags in relationships, there's no reason to beat yourself up over it. All you can do now is deal with it, and spending money on a lawyer now may save you more $ in the long run.

Filed: Timeline

Yes I believe she has a online boyfriend, because why else would her phone be on private code and she keeps it face down and hits the back button if I'm near.Also the 3 purses and perfume and bikini makes me think. But it's a drop shipment from company, but it could still be coming from a guy. She does coupons and says she watches video online and get money put on her online visa card to get those things, but about a week ago when she got out of my truck she dropped a piece of paper. She didn't see me pick it up, but it had the 16 digit credit, debit card number and and a 3 number sec code, and exp date written down, but no name. Make me wonder. I have question her about if she is just using me for a greencard. She blows up and says something is wrong with my brain for thinking that way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.