NuZayetsPogodi

Feeling Discouraged after Interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiance had his interview this morning, and I'd expected it to go well. My two kids and I lived with him for 3 months this summer (was supposed to be longer, but I had to come home because of my business). People get approved having just met once - we were together for a long time! My income is well above the minimum, we both speak each other's languages fluently, we had tons of pictures. What could possibly go wrong?

My fiance said he was the last one to be called of all the K-1 applicants, and he was also the only guy. The other applicants were done in 5 minutes. His interview took about 15 minutes. He said the CO was fairly friendly and positive, but he started asking him questions about the civil union he listed on an application for a B-2 visa (this application was subsequently denied). The CO asked why my fiance said he had never been married, but on an old DS-160, he said he was in a civil union with another girl. My fiance said it was because a civil union in Russia means that two people are living together and sharing finances, but aren't actually married legally. It was a very stupid thing to put down on his application. To me, civil union is for people who want to get married but cannot - like in countries where gay marriage is illegal.

The CO then asked why, the last time my fiance applied for a B-2 visa, he didn't list me as family or as a contact person. My fiance said because there was no where to put my name (it's true - I'm not a family member, and that's what the application asked for), and his reason for visiting was truly tourism. I hate this whole process of getting a visa - you absolutely will not get a visa if you say you're coming to visit a girlfriend, and you absolutely will not get a visa if you are a young, unmarried person who's coming just for tourism. Then, you'll later be interrogated for any answer you gave before.

He wasn't given an answer either way because he is having is medical done tomorrow (both the clinic and the consulate said this is fine because his interview was scheduled literally 2 days after the consulate received the packet). He was also told to email his resume to the CO - which he was prepared for. They did keep his passport. And again, the CO wasn't rude or unfriendly. I'm so frustrated. There's nothing I can do, nothing my fiance can do, nothing. Now we can only hope that the CO will focus on the fact that my kids and I were there for 3 months this summer - something we would not have done if the relationship between my fiance and me weren't bona fide.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I wouldn't worry too much. They have to make sure that he was not "inventing ties to home" in order to get the visa by putting a civil union on there (I think he was sort of exaggerating in order to get the visa — "my SERIOUS gf is back in Russia!"). And then not subsequently hiding ties to the US by omitting you from the form as a girlfriend.

The validness or your relationship does not overcome a material misrepresentation; that is visa law. I don't think he has a material misrep, but they have to check out these stories, and judge his reaction when they ask him about it.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I wouldn't worry too much. They have to make sure that he was not "inventing ties to home" in order to get the visa by putting a civil union on there (I think he was sort of exaggerating in order to get the visa — "my SERIOUS gf is back in Russia!"). And then not subsequently hiding ties to the US by omitting you from the form as a girlfriend.

The validness or your relationship does not overcome a material misrepresentation; that is visa law. I don't think he has a material misrep, but they have to check out these stories, and judge his reaction when they ask him about it.

Thanks for your explanation. :) It all comes down to waiting - the CO said he would make a decision in a week. I wonder how they check out these things? Do they go on our facebooks or something? Listen to our old skype calls or something? I actually hope so in this case, because it would only help. Although it's kind of creepy to think about.

Thanks for your explanation. :) It all comes down to waiting - the CO said he would make a decision in a week. I wonder how they check out these things? Do they go on our facebooks or something? Listen to our old skype calls or something? I actually hope so in this case, because it would only help. Although it's kind of creepy to think about.

No. They look over the evidence you sent. But even if they listened to your skype calls if he lied then it's over. The lying and your relationship are separate issues.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry that you're feeling discouraged! This whole process IS stressful! My husband was rejected for a B-2 as well because of our marriage and the fact that he left his university. Very frustrating... :crying:

I heard that facebook profiles can be checked. Don't know about Skype. Sometimes it's you (as the USC) they are looking out for, they might want to make sure your fiance isn't a liar or somehow who could be using you. It does seem like overkill but for them I suppose it's just regular protocol. COs are trained to be skeptical of all applicants, it's just their job. Still hard not to get frustrated about it sometimes! :girlwerewolf2xn:

And yes, male Russian fiances/spouses are rarer than their female counterparts, but I don't really think it's a factor. I know two American ladies who successfully got their Russian husbands over via Moscow so hopefully everything will work out for you in the end, too!

Edited by millefleur

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

No. They look over the evidence you sent. But even if they listened to your skype calls if he lied then it's over. The lying and your relationship are separate issues.

That makes sense. I feel confident about everything we submitted because I put everything together. My fiance said the CO was scrutinizing only the photos of us when we were outside.

I wouldn't say my fiance lied. He marked that he was in a common law marriage (sorry - I said civil union earlier), which he was, but then he also marked he was single. His rationale was that he wanted to be as honest as possible, and he thought he was because he was living with someone BUT he wasn't married. There was also some discrepancy about the question on DS-160 for the B-2 application, "How will be you be traveling?" He marked single or alone, or something. So this led to some misunderstanding. The CO said it sounded strange and he needed to review the dates over the next week.

Timeline

The visa situation is just so unfair. I really hate it. :(

I hope they do check our FB's -- I don't think they'd find much, other than we're friends, he <3's all my status updates and pics. But I don't post anything personal about my life on FB, and neither does he. You can see our photos, and that's it. So we'll see. I'm so anxious and feeling a little hopeless right now because I've read so many bad outcomes.

Sorry that you're feeling discouraged! This whole process IS stressful! My husband was rejected for a B-2 as well because of our marriage and the fact that he left his university. Very frustrating... :crying:

I heard that facebook profiles can be checked. Don't know about Skype. Sometimes it's you (as the USC) they are looking out for, they might want to make sure your fiance isn't a liar or somehow who could be using you. It does seem like overkill but for them I suppose it's just regular protocol. COs are trained to be skeptical of all applicants, it's just their job. Still hard not to get frustrated about it sometimes! :girlwerewolf2xn:

And yes, male Russian fiances/spouses are rarer than their female counterparts, but I don't really think it's a factor. I know two American ladies who successfully got their Russian husbands over via Moscow so hopefully everything will work out for you in the end, too!

If you don't mind me asking, what professtion is your Fiance in?

My (soon-to-be-) fiance is in Aerospace, so I already know we are going to be needing a resume and admin processing. I say soon to be since we are waiting for his divorce to be finalized before we let it become offical. Him and his soon to be ex-wife are trying to make agreements, they have been apart for 2 years now. And he would be leaving to go to Russia soon.

I do wish you a really quick approval.

Edited by CM&KV

I-130 CR1 Timeline  Visa has been issued!!!!!! = ^.^= YAY!

Spoiler

Service Center - Texas

Sent Jan 2nd 2018  PD: Jan 3rd 2018

E-notification: Jan 8th 2018 NOA1 Hard copy: Jan 12th 2018

NOA2: June 28th 2018, new website. Old website: July 17th sent to DOS (finally appeared July 29th, after 206 days after petition sent and stating not found) Emails & texts: nothing. Hard Copy states NoA2 is June 27, 2018.

NOA2: Hard copy: July 2nd 2018

Sent to DOS: New Website: July 18th 2018. Old website July 17th (Case number was finally found after 206 days of submitting petition, appeared on July 29th.)

Received NVC: July 24th 2018, per calling NVC option 5. 

New Case number #: Via email August 21st 2018. While on the phone with the hubby. Case is PIVOT. 

Fees paid August 21st 2018. Marked as paid on August 23rd 2018.

DS-260 filled and submitted:  August 27th 2018

AOS documents filled and submitted: August 29th, 2018

IV Documents: Submitted August 31st, 2018

Case Complete: September 11th 2018 via website 
Received Interview data: From embassy Oct 13, from NVC: Oct 15th.
Interview: originally Nov 27th, rescheduled to Nov 29th.

AP

Spoiler

Nov 26th 2018 AP.
Interviewed on Nov 29th, was told everything is good, asked for CV / resume, kept passport.

Nov 29th Email submitted.

Nov 30th They sent us an email for a physical copy.

Dec 3rd Submitted. Dec 4th They received.

Dec 7th, 14th,18th, 19th, 20th case was touched.

Dec 21st ready for Pick up. Dec 23rd pick up passport with no visa.  Was told due to holidays they resent passport incase Husband needed it, and to return it back on Jan 9th.

Jan 15th, sent off passport back to Embassy, Jan 16th case updated and received passport. 
Jan 24th case touched. Feb 1st sent email asking if they needed anything from us, replied Feb 5th stating still going thru AP, no change on website. Feb 13th, case was touched. March 5th sent email (not by travel docs) asking what we are waiting on, received auto email, unsure if case touched was touch per auto email.
March 5th, 7th case was touched. Also UStraveldocs passport states "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted"

March 15 Sent message via ustraveldocs about what's going on etc etc.
March 19: reply from Embassy Stating we have been approved and should get visa in 1-2 business days! 

March 20th: Issued!!!!! ViH: March 21st.
POE: Aiming for April 26th. 

Our Visits

Spoiler

Him: J1 Visa (no 2 home requirement) May 2015-Nov 2016 Officially met: Late July 2015 Started relationship mid-Aug 2015

Business trip B1 (Him): May 2017 - Nov 2017

2nd Business trip (Him): Feb 2018 - May 31st 2018

2nd visit hopefully when he moves to the USA.

ROC (LA, CA Area): sent  April: 12th 2021, Case transferred June 17th. Bios Jan 4th 2022. Ready for schedule interview Jan 5th 2022. Interview scheduled on Jan 11th 2022 for Feb 18th 2022. Approved at interview. Green card sent Feb 23rd 2022. Green Card in hand Feb 28th 2022. 
Next N-400: Submitted May 27th 2023, bios being reused. 

IR-2 (Step daughter, Ukraine): Sent June 7th, 2021 via online. Case was actively being looked at since Nov 2nd 2021. Approval Feb 16. Case sent to NVC Feb 19th 2022. Interview Dec 17, VIH 18th, POE Dec 26th 2022.

Timeline

If you don't mind me asking, what professtion is your Fiance in?

My (soon-to-be-) fiance is in Aerospace, so I already know we are going to be needing a resume and admin processing. I say soon to be since we are waiting for his divorce to be finalized before we let it become offical. Him and his soon to be ex-wife are trying to make agreements, they have been apart for 2 years now. And he would be leaving to go to Russia soon.

I do wish you a really quick approval.

Yep! Mechanical engineering. The CO asked some questions about his work history, too.

I'm hoping that all they are waiting on is the medical part, and he will be granted his visa.

You and I are in the same boat, besides me not having a pending K1.

I-130 CR1 Timeline  Visa has been issued!!!!!! = ^.^= YAY!

Spoiler

Service Center - Texas

Sent Jan 2nd 2018  PD: Jan 3rd 2018

E-notification: Jan 8th 2018 NOA1 Hard copy: Jan 12th 2018

NOA2: June 28th 2018, new website. Old website: July 17th sent to DOS (finally appeared July 29th, after 206 days after petition sent and stating not found) Emails & texts: nothing. Hard Copy states NoA2 is June 27, 2018.

NOA2: Hard copy: July 2nd 2018

Sent to DOS: New Website: July 18th 2018. Old website July 17th (Case number was finally found after 206 days of submitting petition, appeared on July 29th.)

Received NVC: July 24th 2018, per calling NVC option 5. 

New Case number #: Via email August 21st 2018. While on the phone with the hubby. Case is PIVOT. 

Fees paid August 21st 2018. Marked as paid on August 23rd 2018.

DS-260 filled and submitted:  August 27th 2018

AOS documents filled and submitted: August 29th, 2018

IV Documents: Submitted August 31st, 2018

Case Complete: September 11th 2018 via website 
Received Interview data: From embassy Oct 13, from NVC: Oct 15th.
Interview: originally Nov 27th, rescheduled to Nov 29th.

AP

Spoiler

Nov 26th 2018 AP.
Interviewed on Nov 29th, was told everything is good, asked for CV / resume, kept passport.

Nov 29th Email submitted.

Nov 30th They sent us an email for a physical copy.

Dec 3rd Submitted. Dec 4th They received.

Dec 7th, 14th,18th, 19th, 20th case was touched.

Dec 21st ready for Pick up. Dec 23rd pick up passport with no visa.  Was told due to holidays they resent passport incase Husband needed it, and to return it back on Jan 9th.

Jan 15th, sent off passport back to Embassy, Jan 16th case updated and received passport. 
Jan 24th case touched. Feb 1st sent email asking if they needed anything from us, replied Feb 5th stating still going thru AP, no change on website. Feb 13th, case was touched. March 5th sent email (not by travel docs) asking what we are waiting on, received auto email, unsure if case touched was touch per auto email.
March 5th, 7th case was touched. Also UStraveldocs passport states "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted"

March 15 Sent message via ustraveldocs about what's going on etc etc.
March 19: reply from Embassy Stating we have been approved and should get visa in 1-2 business days! 

March 20th: Issued!!!!! ViH: March 21st.
POE: Aiming for April 26th. 

Our Visits

Spoiler

Him: J1 Visa (no 2 home requirement) May 2015-Nov 2016 Officially met: Late July 2015 Started relationship mid-Aug 2015

Business trip B1 (Him): May 2017 - Nov 2017

2nd Business trip (Him): Feb 2018 - May 31st 2018

2nd visit hopefully when he moves to the USA.

ROC (LA, CA Area): sent  April: 12th 2021, Case transferred June 17th. Bios Jan 4th 2022. Ready for schedule interview Jan 5th 2022. Interview scheduled on Jan 11th 2022 for Feb 18th 2022. Approved at interview. Green card sent Feb 23rd 2022. Green Card in hand Feb 28th 2022. 
Next N-400: Submitted May 27th 2023, bios being reused. 

IR-2 (Step daughter, Ukraine): Sent June 7th, 2021 via online. Case was actively being looked at since Nov 2nd 2021. Approval Feb 16. Case sent to NVC Feb 19th 2022. Interview Dec 17, VIH 18th, POE Dec 26th 2022.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The visa situation is just so unfair. I really hate it. :(

I hope they do check our FB's -- I don't think they'd find much, other than we're friends, he <3's all my status updates and pics. But I don't post anything personal about my life on FB, and neither does he. You can see our photos, and that's it. So we'll see. I'm so anxious and feeling a little hopeless right now because I've read so many bad outcomes.

Bad outcomes for people trying to bring Russians are bad outcomes in general? Maybe the K-1 is more likely to be rejected than a CR-1/IR-1? It seems to me that a lot of people on this forum actually end up getting approved in the end (for both spouse and fiance/e visas), so hopefully everything will be fine for you too. :) Keep us updated!

Edited by millefleur

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.