Helenjoy

how to get a K-1 Fiancé Visa(merged)

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I think in some cases it is possible, if you have A LOT of proof that you stay in contact and a lot of video chats and proof of a genuine relationship.

But I also want to say that it is easier if you two meet first, and gather lots of photos, passport stamps and proof that you two are really together.

You can research about the k-1 visa if you are not sure what it is and it's requirements here https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/fiancee-visa/fiancee-visas

in the post it says in the requirements:

'You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver:

1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.

2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you''

If you two have a really hard time meeting eachother, it could be possible, but I strongly suggest meeting eachother first if that is possible.

this is WRONG. You can have all the proof on Earth and if you haven't met there will be NO visa!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sister, I want u to learn from us. Anything can happen at that embassy in accra.so I say it's not the C.O that gives u visa, its God. But u definitely NEED to do what is necessary. My wife filed for the k1 and we got denied (we were fiances at the time), meanwhile our evidence is as strong as John Cena. First of all we did not meet on the Internet, I know it doesn't matter if it's physical or on the net, but physical is definitely more spicy. We stayed together for almost a month, 7 months later we met again in Turkey and stayed for very tasty 2 weeks, 3 months later she flew to Ghana again purposely to give me courage for my interview, even though we both knew the American petitioners are not allowed in, during the beneficiary's interview. That makes up 3 meetings in one year. But we still got denied. Cos the C.O thinks our love is too juicy for the k1, she thinks there is something more between us. Also she is smoothly dropping again before 2016 drifts away.

So this is my story.please learn from it. Let your man come. And may Allah grant u visa. Ameen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.