srlopez3

Birth Certificate not accepted by USEm. What to do next?

17 posts in this topic

I had my interview at the US Embassy in Manila last September 8. Over-all, my experience was okay but I was left confused on what to do next (or maybe I missed the instructions since I was nervous and freaked out the entire morning. :/ )

So, the birth certificate I brought was rejected because the lady said it was a photocopy. I didn't know that. It was in a yellow paper so I thought it was the NSO Birth Certificate required. But apparently, it's not. (Lesson! Not everything yellow is legit. lol). The lady on the 3rd step told me that I would be given instructions about it so I proceeded to the Oath Taking and Interview part of the process.

I had my interview in less than 2 minutes! I was only asked 2 questions and the interviewer did not even ask for any supporting documents. No I-134 nor anything to prove that I was in REAL relationship with my fiance. That bothered me a lot because the people before me were asked MANY questions by their interviewers. (Were they discriminating? :/ )

On to step 5. Here, I was told by the guy (whose voice sounded so similar to Papa Jack lol) to go to NSO Center in Macapagal to request for the NSO birth certificate. They said that they will pick up the document and I only had to pay for it. I did this right away after leaving the US Embassy.

Now, it has been 2 weeks and I haven't heard back from the embassy. I don't know if my visa is approved or denied. Should I be worried? Is there anything I need to be doing at this point?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by srlopez3

Amor Vincit Omnia

First off, eveyone's interview and experience is different. The fact that you had fewer questions indicates that your case was stronger then the person being asked so many questions. They don't have to review all of your documents if beforehand they felt that your case and relationship is genuine.

Relax and keep checking ceac. Your final approval will be soon.

Edited by Greenbaum

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

First off, eveyone's interview and experience is different. The fact that you had fewer questions indicates that your case was stronger then the person being asked so many questions. They don't have to review all of your documents if beforehand they felt that your case and relationship is genuine.

Relax and keep checking ceac. Your final approval will be soon.

All right. Thank you! I have been checking ceac and my visa status reverted to "ready" from "administrative processing." I don't know how to feel about this. -_- I hope this means it's ready to be approved(?). lol fingers crossed.

Also, I just came across your profile and damn! Neat site! Good Job! I wish I have found your site sooner.

Amor Vincit Omnia

Why you weren't able to distinguished if its a photocopy or original? I just got my credentials from PSA and it is on a yellow paper of the agency. I hope mine is not a photocopy as well.

I was wondering that too? did it came from PSA? how did you get it? because I just ordered mine in SM.

I had my parents get my birth certificate for me. I believe it was from NSO. It looked legit with logo, signature, and it came in a yellow paper. I really have no idea what distinguishes a photocopy from a real one. Does having two black fastener marks mean that it's a photocopy?? :o Mine had those two black fastener marks on top. lmao I guess, the lesson here is to get the documents yourself to avoid confusion. -_-

Oh wait.. hmm.. I think the logo must say PSA instead of NSO. Mine had NSO. wait. drat. I'm rethinking my life. lol

Anyway, I hope I get approved though. -_-

Edited by srlopez3

Amor Vincit Omnia

I had my parents get my birth certificate for me. I believe it was from NSO. It looked legit with logo, signature, and it came in a yellow paper. I really have no idea what distinguishes a photocopy from a real one. Does having two black fastener marks mean that it's a photocopy?? :o Mine had those two black fastener marks on top. lmao I guess, the lesson here is to get the documents yourself to avoid confusion. -_-

Oh wait.. hmm.. I think the logo must say PSA instead of NSO. Mine had NSO. wait. drat. I'm rethinking my life. lol

hi...did you just get the birth certificte recently or its old one?....because im checking mine now its state PSA in the logo

...wait. drat. I'm rethinking my life. lol

Don't think too hard...lol...you're going to get approved soon...!

Tahoma and Chinook's K1 story --->> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/57425-tahoma/

All right. Thank you! I have been checking ceac and my visa status reverted to "ready" from "administrative processing." I don't know how to feel about this. -_- I hope this means it's ready to be approved(?). lol fingers crossed.

Also, I just came across your profile and damn! Neat site! Good Job! I wish I have found your site sooner.

Your case status on CEAC is going to change from AP, Ready, AP then when it's over and it's left THE BIG HOUSE it will say issue. More Patience. It's almost in your hands. Last word DON'T BUY YOUR AIRLINE TICKETS toll your visa is in your hands and everything appears to be correct. Schedule your CFO now as there is a 2-3 week wait in Manila or no wait in Cebu.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

hi...did you just get the birth certificte recently or its old one?....because im checking mine now its state PSA in the logo

I think mine was from last year. My parents got it from NSO-Naga City. Mine had the NSO logo. I think that was the difference.

I should have thoroughly checked all my documents before I went to the interview. :blush::lol:

Is your birth certificate was scanned? No matter it is stated an NSO now PSA as long as it is in their security paper, then maybe that is considered not photocopy? lol

I'm pretty sure it's not scanned. At this point, I am not sure about anything anymore. *flips table* lol :lol:

Don't think too hard...lol...you're going to get approved soon...!

Thank you! I hope so too! :yes:

Your case status on CEAC is going to change from AP, Ready, AP then when it's over and it's left THE BIG HOUSE it will say issue. More Patience. It's almost in your hands. Last word DON'T BUY YOUR AIRLINE TICKETS toll your visa is in your hands and everything appears to be correct. Schedule your CFO now as there is a 2-3 week wait in Manila or no wait in Cebu.

Wow! Thank you for these information! I can now live in peace. :innocent: I freaked out a bit after seeing that the status went back to "ready". I thought something went wrong that I had to schedule another interview. lol :lol: I didn't know about that CFO thingy until I saw your site. I guess I'll have to schedule it soon. My trip's not until December so I still have ample time. I'll keep all these info in mind. Thank you so much! You've been a huge huuuuge help! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :dancing::energy:

Amor Vincit Omnia

I think mine was from last year. My parents got it from NSO-Naga City. Mine had the NSO logo. I think that was the difference.

I should have thoroughly checked all my documents before I went to the interview. :blush::lol:

I'm pretty sure it's not scanned. At this point, I am not sure about anything anymore. *flips table* lol :lol:

Thank you! I hope so too! :yes:

Wow! Thank you for these information! I can now live in peace. :innocent: I freaked out a bit after seeing that the status went back to "ready". I thought something went wrong that I had to schedule another interview. lol :lol: I didn't know about that CFO thingy until I saw your site. I guess I'll have to schedule it soon. My trip's not until December so I still have ample time. I'll keep all these info in mind. Thank you so much! You've been a huge huuuuge help! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :dancing::energy:

YW

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Do you have your visa yet? If not, I suggest you go to NSO to get an original birth certificate, then call the embassy to request an appointment for window 38 so you can deliver the birth certificate to the embassy yourself that way you know for sure they have it. Bring your case info (NOA2, NVC letter, copy of your initial interview appointment, or at least bring your MNL case number) you will need it so they can associate your case with the birth certificate.

Embassy Manila’s Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines are (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502. The call center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235

Won't be accepted. If the embassy requires a new BC from PSA (use to be NSO) they do not allow delivery by the applicant, it is required to be delivered directly from PSA to the embassy.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

That's not true, I have seen other people within the past 1-2 months who did this, that's how I know about requesting window 38. The problem was she had a photocopy and not an original birth certificate, this is not a matter of them not trusting her, they are only requiring she present an original birth certificate then they will continue processing her visa. She can call the embassy number I provided and ask them, they will review her case on the phone and tell her if that will be acceptable or not. The birth certificate is only 140 peso, its worth a shot to try.

When the embassy issues a 221g for a PSA or NBI document delivery by the applicant is NOT an option.

If the document is something different then yes delivery is to window 38 or by 2GO... as instructed by the embassy.

And calling is a waste of time.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Update: I received my visa 2 weeks ago. Yay! I assumed they got my birth certificate soon after I requested it at NSO-pasay. After checking, it took them the right amount of time to process and issue my visa. the delivery was just off by a couple of days but it's fine. Patience is indeed the key and I was being so impatient. Lol

Upon investigation (read: Talking to my parents), I learned that there was indeed a colored photocopy made (sonofabeaccchhhh$&@$&&$!!!!). The copy was so greatly done that it was difficult to differentiate the two. -_- they didn't tell me this because they forgot. Oh! Old age. Thy is such a b!tvh. -_-

Lesson: never trust anyone including your parents. Lol (love you still, mom!) Request your documents yourself. And be patient! ?

Thank you guys for your responses! I appreciate it! ❤️

Amor Vincit Omnia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.