132 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Op i understand english is not your first language ,but pls try to state clearly what advice you want here? do you want adivce on roc with divorce waiver? or marriage related advice ( this perhaps is not a right place for that). all i see from you right now is you are defending your previous comments. let it go, you dont need to defend anything. just state clearly what advice you need and what step are you planning to take? if you dont know,then its time to be still and listen to your own truth. once you decide something then research the next step for it

Edited by KCMO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You don't have to pay cable, rent, electric , if none of that is in your name. You have no contract with him.

But he can kick you out to find your own place and pay all of your bills on your own..

You can pay half the rent, half electric and leave the cable out if you don't watch tv (especially if it is in his name).

that's the half that im talking about half of everything and joining account it should be me and him not me by myself or him by himself so tried to explain to him but it feels like im talking to the wall

Timeline

I brought the abuse part earlier on but retracted that statement.

If OP's husband was holding money against her and not providing food and back necessities then that will be a form of abuse. Using money to control someone is abuse.

I retracted it because OP found a way out to make her own money and all her husband was asking of her was just half of the bills.

it was

Not half of the bills it's more than helf for me if you said helf it should be this way everything split to half not half of rent and then you do the rest and he only cares about his car is

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

that's the half that im talking about half of everything and joining account it should be me and him not me by myself or him by himself so tried to explain to him but it feels like im talking to the wall

Don't do joint account based what you have said here so far. remember, he is such an awful husband then why put him on a bank account that he can take money away from?

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Some people take VJ as a courtroom the OP had her answer.

Shes not a kept woman so she either pays half or divorces and faces the shame in her country she doesnt want to face.

Shes not abused and her spouse is not doing anything wrong no one knows the true story yet we are all debating with half...

Who knows the deal...

If she cant pay half she can always sit down with him and ask him if he can take a few bills off her plate

Cant get anything done without communicating.

That being said i highly dought this man will expect someone to pay [ex] 400 a week if they only make 300....

If hes expecting it must be because she can.

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

it was

Not half of the bills it's more than helf for me if you said helf it should be this way everything split to half not half of rent and then you do the rest and he only cares about his car is

What would happen if you calculate and pay exactly half?

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

So how much exactly your husband is making per month?

I thought you guys were planning to go to Canada a while ago?

yep I didn't received my GC I couldn't

The OP doesn't want a divorce but doesn't want her husband to treat her this way either. So what advice can we really give her?

She ignored my advice to divorce and acknowledged that she is not asking anything immigration-related. Maybe she just wants to vent and gain sympathy. In some aspects she deserves sympathy but in others she does not.

So again OP, divorce, move on. This is not the relationship you thought it would be. Stop with the stupid "I don't believe in divorce" story. You married a jerk. Leave him.

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

You only make $300 a week.

Total sum = $300 + $950 = $1250

You could offer to pay 300/1250 x 100% which is roughly 25% of the total household bills

or pick a few smaller bills which you FEEL comfortable to pay.

And you have to make him add your names to the bills / rental leases so that you have something to show for co-mingled marriage life during ROC (which I-751 removal of conditions on green card).

Good job Merry!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.